Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
  1. #1
    Senior Member Winghead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,168

    Default Question for Dan Slott

    I know you come on here from time to time. Just wanted to say that your solo ruun on the book is the reason I love Spidey again after so many years. You pack so much fun and excitement in to every issue, so my question is, how long do you plan on staying on the book. Is there an end in sight to your run or are you just taking it as it comes? I can't honestly think of anyone that would be a worthy replacement at this point. Keep up the excellent work
    You can call me Saiko if I can call you Nightwing

  2. #2
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Winghead View Post
    I know you come on here from time to time. Just wanted to say that your solo ruun on the book is the reason I love Spidey again after so many years. You pack so much fun and excitement in to every issue, so my question is, how long do you plan on staying on the book. Is there an end in sight to your run or are you just taking it as it comes? I can't honestly think of anyone that would be a worthy replacement at this point. Keep up the excellent work
    I just got a document from Dan the takes us deep into 2013.

    Though I can't promise the book is going to be the same thing you love right now. Nothing lasts forever.

    SW

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stephen wacker View Post
    I just got a document from Dan the takes us deep into 2013.

    Though I can't promise the book is going to be the same thing you love right now. Nothing lasts forever.

    SW
    So does that mean you are the person that decides how long a writer stays on the book?

  4. #4
    Senior Member Winghead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stephen wacker View Post
    I just got a document from Dan the takes us deep into 2013.

    Though I can't promise the book is going to be the same thing you love right now. Nothing lasts forever.

    SW
    If you are saying Dan will be there, then in Dan I trust.
    You can call me Saiko if I can call you Nightwing

  5. #5
    One Hoopy Frood Schmed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    6,831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by One More Day View Post
    So does that mean you are the person that decides how long a writer stays on the book?
    I'm thinking sales will ultimately determine that.
    Why should I want to make anything up? Life's bad enough as it is without trying to invent any more of it.

    "First you take a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes you."

  6. #6

    Default

    When is the title going to get back to the Hobgoblin story? Are more events going to play out concerning Ulrich?

  7. #7
    Senior Member okpanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Melbourne, AUS
    Posts
    1,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stephen wacker View Post
    I just got a document from Dan the takes us deep into 2013.

    Though I can't promise the book is going to be the same thing you love right now. Nothing lasts forever.

    SW
    What Whacks means to say is that Amazing Spider-Man will bring peace on earth by the end of 2012, you heard it here first.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jmresp View Post
    When is the title going to get back to the Hobgoblin story? Are more events going to play out concerning Ulrich?
    I second that

  9. #9
    Senior Member RyanParkerMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    3,166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Winghead View Post
    If you are saying Dan will be there, then in Dan I trust.
    I think he's foreshadowing a major status quo change in the book. We'll see. Maybe there's going to be a line wide retcon. As Kaine says in SS1, "The future is wide open".
    Kevin Nichols is jealous of my friendship with Oldschool.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Choppa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanParkerMan View Post
    I think he's foreshadowing a major status quo change in the book. We'll see. Maybe there's going to be a line wide retcon. As Kaine says in SS1, "The future is wide open".
    Or he could be referring to the fact that at some point Slott will have to "put the toys back in the box" and start undoing his major changes to the book before the next writer replaces him.
    "John Stewart. LAME! ...this guy having a ring is like giving the batmobile to a blind old woman with her left leg in a cast."

    "Pym biting Blobs head off seems like something that would have happened when i was ten years old and playing with action figures."

    "i always assumed that [the blob] had the same powers as his 616 counterpart because, if simply being a huge fat guy was enough to be considered a mutant then there sure are a lot of mutants in 'real life'. "

  11. #11
    Junior Member Samut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    301

    Default

    I think Dan will eventually become tired with Spider Man in less than 3 years. There's going to be point where he runs out of ideas or the future ideas aren't as good as before. He probably will have a planned finale to his run instead of being booted in some random and unimportant story arc. I would like to see Dan write his finale run by himself, not having editors (sorry, Wacker!) interfere (OMD reference)
    Last edited by Samut; 01-21-2012 at 04:23 PM.

  12. #12
    Senior Member RyanParkerMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    3,166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Choppa View Post
    Or he could be referring to the fact that at some point Slott will have to "put the toys back in the box" and start undoing his major changes to the book before the next writer replaces him.
    No, he's definitly doing what I said.
    Kevin Nichols is jealous of my friendship with Oldschool.

  13. #13
    My Turn. Kevin Nichols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    6,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanParkerMan View Post
    I think he's foreshadowing a major status quo change in the book. We'll see. Maybe there's going to be a line wide retcon. As Kaine says in SS1, "The future is wide open".
    huh. I thought that was a reference to the Tom Petty song.
    "Women... they come and go, but the Jonah is eternal." - ViewtifulJC

  14. #14
    Wol with it. SuperCooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,568

    Default

    Will the Sinister Syndicate ever reunite within the pages of ASM? Boomerang and Shocker have both been used over in Thunderbolts, and I have no idea where Hydro-Man has been...and maybe seeing yet another sinisterly styled sympatico of villains is too much to ask.....
    Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.

  15. #15
    Loose mongoose Venomous Mask's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Green and purple autumn
    Posts
    2,388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jmresp View Post
    When is the title going to get back to the Hobgoblin story? Are more events going to play out concerning Ulrich?
    This. Hobgoblin and the new Venom were why I got back into collecting ASM on a regular basis (Big Time). Of course, there have been other great stories as well, but I want Hobby to be developed further.
    Empty winds scrape on the soul never stop to realize/Animal whisperings intoxicate the night
    Hypnotize the desperate slow motionlight/Wash away into the rain
    Blood, milk and sky....

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •