Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Question for Dan Slott

I know you come on here from time to time. Just wanted to say that your solo ruun on the book is the reason I love Spidey again after so many years. You pack so much fun and excitement in to every issue, so my question is, how long do you plan on staying on the book. Is there an end in sight to your run or are you just taking it as it comes? I can't honestly think of anyone that would be a worthy replacement at this point. Keep up the excellent work
    You can call me Saiko if I can call you Nightwing

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Winghead View Post
    I know you come on here from time to time. Just wanted to say that your solo ruun on the book is the reason I love Spidey again after so many years. You pack so much fun and excitement in to every issue, so my question is, how long do you plan on staying on the book. Is there an end in sight to your run or are you just taking it as it comes? I can't honestly think of anyone that would be a worthy replacement at this point. Keep up the excellent work
    I just got a document from Dan the takes us deep into 2013.

Though I can't promise the book is going to be the same thing you love right now. Nothing lasts forever.

SW

Quote Originally Posted by stephen wacker View Post

Though I can't promise the book is going to be the same thing you love right now. Nothing lasts forever.

SW
    So does that mean you are the person that decides how long a writer stays on the book?

SW
    If you are saying Dan will be there, then in Dan I trust.
    You can call me Saiko if I can call you Nightwing

Quote Originally Posted by One More Day View Post
    So does that mean you are the person that decides how long a writer stays on the book?
    I'm thinking sales will ultimately determine that.
    Why should I want to make anything up? Life's bad enough as it is without trying to invent any more of it.

"First you take a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes you."

When is the title going to get back to the Hobgoblin story? Are more events going to play out concerning Ulrich?

SW
    What Whacks means to say is that Amazing Spider-Man will bring peace on earth by the end of 2012, you heard it here first.

Quote Originally Posted by jmresp View Post
    When is the title going to get back to the Hobgoblin story? Are more events going to play out concerning Ulrich?
    I second that

Quote Originally Posted by Winghead View Post
    If you are saying Dan will be there, then in Dan I trust.
    I think he's foreshadowing a major status quo change in the book. We'll see. Maybe there's going to be a line wide retcon. As Kaine says in SS1, "The future is wide open".
    Kevin Nichols is jealous of my friendship with Oldschool.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanParkerMan View Post
    I think he's foreshadowing a major status quo change in the book. We'll see. Maybe there's going to be a line wide retcon. As Kaine says in SS1, "The future is wide open".
    Or he could be referring to the fact that at some point Slott will have to "put the toys back in the box" and start undoing his major changes to the book before the next writer replaces him.
    "John Stewart. LAME! ...this guy having a ring is like giving the batmobile to a blind old woman with her left leg in a cast."

"Pym biting Blobs head off seems like something that would have happened when i was ten years old and playing with action figures."

"i always assumed that [the blob] had the same powers as his 616 counterpart because, if simply being a huge fat guy was enough to be considered a mutant then there sure are a lot of mutants in 'real life'. "

I think Dan will eventually become tired with Spider Man in less than 3 years. There's going to be point where he runs out of ideas or the future ideas aren't as good as before. He probably will have a planned finale to his run instead of being booted in some random and unimportant story arc. I would like to see Dan write his finale run by himself, not having editors (sorry, Wacker!) interfere (OMD reference)
    Last edited by Samut; 01-21-2012 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Choppa View Post
    Or he could be referring to the fact that at some point Slott will have to "put the toys back in the box" and start undoing his major changes to the book before the next writer replaces him.
    No, he's definitly doing what I said.
    Kevin Nichols is jealous of my friendship with Oldschool.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanParkerMan View Post
    huh. I thought that was a reference to the Tom Petty song.
    "Women... they come and go, but the Jonah is eternal." - ViewtifulJC

Will the Sinister Syndicate ever reunite within the pages of ASM? Boomerang and Shocker have both been used over in Thunderbolts, and I have no idea where Hydro-Man has been...and maybe seeing yet another sinisterly styled sympatico of villains is too much to ask.....
    Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by jmresp View Post
    This. Hobgoblin and the new Venom were why I got back into collecting ASM on a regular basis (Big Time). Of course, there have been other great stories as well, but I want Hobby to be developed further.
    Empty winds scrape on the soul never stop to realize/Animal whisperings intoxicate the night
    Hypnotize the desperate slow motionlight/Wash away into the rain
    Blood, milk and sky....