Page 275 of 283 FirstFirst ... 175225265271272273274275276277278279 ... LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,125 of 4235

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    Ciel's portal to nothingness yawned wider and wider, and with the combined attacks the Alaphim delivered, each time Blue Eyes went closer and closer. His external powers, his optic blasts, were shut down. His body was ravaged by various attacks. His limbs held in place. His power stripped from him via Time, and his power siphoned from him by Life. His mind paralyzed by Memory.

Blue Eyes was a giant amongst men. His power staggering, with nothing known to compare it to. He was vast and ancient, and civilizations had fallen before him like wheat before the scythe.

But even his power can only go so far when faced with abstract concepts, and the sheer, brutal, refusal to give up and be trod upon. The Alaphim, alone, are nothing. But together, they have become far greater than the sum of their parts.

Blue Eyes widens his ruined eyes, and from a face with no mouth gives forth one last scream of defiance. The scream echoes in the Alaphim, down to their souls and bones. A sound that would haunt them for years later, causing them to wake up at night, covered in sweat and shivering at the cold, hollow, roar that echoes in their minds.

Blue Eyes falls into the portal to nothingness without a prolonged resistance, unable to resist it anymore and far too damaged as well. The portal closes around him, even as the last puff of darkness escapes his mouth, and in the briefiest of flickers, he is swallowed hole.
    "And that's....Checkmate." Seth managed to say, his ears ringing from Blue Eyes's last scream.
    Won 6 Awesome Awards, 2Cool awards, 2 internets, a Raging storm and funniest video award
    My RPG Site!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    "And that's....Checkmate." Seth managed to say, his ears ringing from Blue Eyes's last scream.
    "All right! First round is on me. Lets go home!" Olivia says.

The Hound collapsed back into a single form, devouring the last of the energy still left from the conflict.

Though it was ultimately impossible to tell based on its features it seemed strangely sad.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell's Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WickedElphaba View Post
    "All right! First round is on me. Lets go home!" Olivia says.

"You cannot."

The words are spoken in three tones, but all the same voices.

The three Fates flaoted nearby, their energy shield still in place.
    Black Knight of SO
    Co-COTM for Feb 2006
    The Midnight Rider.
    Owner of SO's W/I Shop.
    Bearer of the Rumbles Matrix of Leadership

Wins on CBR

"You cannot."

"What? Hey come on, we just saved the world!"
    Won 6 Awesome Awards, 2Cool awards, 2 internets, a Raging storm and funniest video award
    My RPG Site!

"You cannot."

The Hound stalked towards the three Fates, a strange gleam in its eyes.

It sat on its haunches and looked at the expectantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    "What? Hey come on, we just saved the world!"
    "I bet it is about the bull shit of our super powers and may wreck the world by accident, or something like that."

:Has a stern look: It that is the case, then where are we to go!? Hell at this point I feel like make a world to live in, a good kind of world.

"You cannot."

"Oh? Why not? And thanks for helping in the fight." Olivia says flatly.

"You cannot come back to Earth in your God states. You wield too much power. More power than the Alaphim of old. Should even one of you loose control, for even a moment, there would not be an Earth left."

Clena, the eldest, states this, her cold gaze raking the Alaphim one by one. Samantha, the youngest, nods but Rebecca, the middle Fate, just looks down. There are tears in her eyes as she looks at Kaj once, then down again.
    Black Knight of SO
    Co-COTM for Feb 2006
    The Midnight Rider.
    Owner of SO's W/I Shop.

Wins on CBR

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    The Hound stalked towards the three Fates, a strange gleam in its eyes.

It sat on its haunches and looked at the expectantly.
    "Soon. As we promsied, we shall give you your peace, Jack."
    Black Knight of SO
    Co-COTM for Feb 2006
    The Midnight Rider.
    Owner of SO's W/I Shop.

Wins on CBR

Ciel's portal to nothingness yawned wider and wider, and with the combined attacks the Alaphim delivered, each time Blue Eyes went closer and closer. His external powers, his optic blasts, were shut down. His body was ravaged by various attacks. His limbs held in place. His power stripped from him via Time, and his power siphoned from him by Life. His mind paralyzed by Memory.

Blue Eyes was a giant amongst men. His power staggering, with nothing known to compare it to. He was vast and ancient, and civilizations had fallen before him like wheat before the scythe.

But even his power can only go so far when faced with abstract concepts, and the sheer, brutal, refusal to give up and be trod upon. The Alaphim, alone, are nothing. But together, they have become far greater than the sum of their parts.

Blue Eyes widens his ruined eyes, and from a face with no mouth gives forth one last scream of defiance. The scream echoes in the Alaphim, down to their souls and bones. A sound that would haunt them for years later, causing them to wake up at night, covered in sweat and shivering at the cold, hollow, roar that echoes in their minds.

Blue Eyes falls into the portal to nothingness without a prolonged resistance, unable to resist it anymore and far too damaged as well. The portal closes around him, even as the last puff of darkness escapes his mouth, and in the briefiest of flickers, he is swallowed whole.
    Tandra smiled softly. It was done.

She reached down and plucked the fruit, the monolithic plant shriveling into nothing. As it did, she reached down and sunk her teeth into the fruit, juices spilling down the corners of her mouth as she did. She bit into it again and again, power surging through her.

It was wonderful.

"You cannot."

She paid them little attention- they weren't important. Nor was going home.
    ~Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste. I've been around for a long, long, year, stole many a man's soul and faith.

So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste.

I made Miburo cry on his birthday.

Reached Demon-God Status

My Cat Is Afraid of the Vacuum Cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Chrosis--you are a GOD!:D
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretch Dude View Post
    Curses! CURRRRSEEEEESSSS!!!

"Called it. So, I guess we will need to find a new world, or even build one. Yes, I think that is a lovely idea." :Looks and sees his reflection on the blade and the runes.:

" I was getting bored with Earth anyway."

"You cannot come back to Earth in your God states. You wield too much power. More power than the Alaphim of old. Should even one of you loose control, for even a moment, there would not be an Earth left."

Clena, the eldest, states this, her cold gaze raking the Alaphim one by one. Samantha, the youngest, nods but Rebecca, the middle Fate, just looks down. There are tears in her eyes as she looks at Kaj once, then down again.
    Speaking telepathically, "I have done what was needed, we all have. But this world no longer has need of gods such as us. This power, I would willingly give it up just to be human again. if that can not be..." Kaj looked at Rebecca, if he could cry, he would as well, "If that can not be, then we are as myths, and should fade away."
    • Running on Adrenaline and Sheer Willpower.
    • Trying to Stay Sane in an Insane World.
    • Why Should Time Have Wings and Not I?
    • Born in Wrong Comic Book Universe

Tandra raised an eyebrow at this. They were gods- TRUE gods. Who were the fates to govern them?

They could remake it. Remake it into something that no one alaphim could destroy- a true paradise.
    ~Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste. I've been around for a long, long, year, stole many a man's soul and faith.

So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste.

I made Miburo cry on his birthday.

Reached Demon-God Status

My Cat Is Afraid of the Vacuum Cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Chrosis--you are a GOD!:D
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretch Dude View Post
    Curses! CURRRRSEEEEESSSS!!!

"Oh....right....didn't think of that...you're right."
    My RPG Site!