Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Axel-In-Charge - Jan 20, 2012

This week, Marvel Comics welcomed its biggest writers to plot the post-"AvX" Marvel U, and Editor-in-Chief Axel Alonso gives the inside scoop including the fate of Archangel, incoming battles and more.

Full article here.

BANNED

Hey Countgate, you made it!

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Hey Countgate, you made it!
    Third of fourth time. But I think I disguised my real question too much this time.
    Songbird Appreciation Thread

Support Avengers Academy!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Countgate View Post
    Third of fourth time. But I think I disguised my real question too much this time.
    Heh, I think the point got across.

I think it's a guarantee where Beast sides on the matter.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Quote Originally Posted by Axel Alonso
    . . . and some real surprises emerged in the room – including a couple new series that just make you grin and nod your head the way a good beat does.
    Awaiting more information about this. I didn't think they were so eager to do new series.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Awaiting more information about this. I didn't think they were so eager to do new series.
    I wouldn't be surprised if we got a Nova ongoing after AvX.

BANNED

That caught my attention as well.

Gee, what gave that away? Was it when they kept hyping Nova or the part where they kept hyping Nova.
    Nothing against you, because it's a good point.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Iron Fist was one of them as well...

Picture Book Liker

Not a lot of meat this week. I was hoping for a little more info as to what's on the horizon.
    Currently Reading: Hawkeye, Jupiter's Legacy, Mighty Avengers, Saga, Superior Spider-Man & Superior Foes (Bye: Fearless Defenders & Young Avengers)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Disco_Magic View Post
    Not a lot of meat this week. I was hoping for a little more info as to what's on the horizon.
    Solicits are next Tuesday.
    That will tied us over until....um...

Straight Edge

They have said they were pulling back on mini series at the moment, but we always get a handful of new series coming out of an event.
    CaptainAmerica Hawkeye Avengers NewAvengers UncannyAvengers AvengersWorld

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    About dam time. Can't believe how they've let the cosmic line die.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    That caught my attention as well.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Iron Fist was one of them as well...
    I doubt it, since that's a book I'd actually like to read. No, it will be yet another reboot of editorial favorites Moon Knight and Black Panther, I bet.

I will, however, stupidly hold out for a Valkyrie and the Disir in the vein of Josie and the Pussycats.

BANNED

Was that it. That ended abruptly.

Is that what it's going to be like for the next 9 months. Just all AVX. I don't see Marvel releasing any other new books considering they can only just keep the ones they have afloat at the moment.

There is still no indication that this will be anything but a load of in-fighting for 6 months and about 30 titles. None of the covers released so far indicate there is much more to this story outside of the return of the Phoenix. Certainly nothing that would make me want to pick it up even if Fraction and Bendis weren't involved.

More than anything it's making me consider dropping the books involved that I do pick up. Secret Avengers and WATXM both seem to be having their momentum spoilt by this event just as Remender and Aaron are getting started.

I sense we will be moving into a Heroic Age/ Regenesis style none event after this yet again, which will no doubt lead into yet another event shortly after. There is a tragic lack of imagination at the House Of Ideas these days.

Cue Wacker!

BANNED

I doubt it, since that's a book I'd actually like to read. No, it will be yet another reboot of editorial favorites Moon Knight and Black Panther, I bet.

I will, however, stupidly hold out for a Valkyrie and the Disir in the vein of Josie and the Pussycats.
    I would facepalm so hard.
    But yeah, hoping a female book comes out of this! We need one with fresh blood!

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrewulf View Post
    Was that it. That ended abruptly.

Is that what it's going to be like for the next 9 months. Just all AVX. I don't see Marvel releasing any other new books considering they can only just keep the ones they have afloat at the moment.

There is still no indication that this will be anything but a load of in-fighting for 6 months and about 30 titles. None of the covers released so far indicate there is much more to this story outside of the return of the Phoenix. Certainly nothing that would make me want to pick it up even if Fraction and Bendis weren't involved.

More than anything it's making me consider dropping the books involved that I do pick up. Secret Avengers and WATXM both seem to be having their momentum spoilt by this event just as Remender and Aaron are getting started.

I sense we will be moving into a Heroic Age/ Regenesis style none event after this yet again, which will no doubt lead into yet another event shortly after. There is a tragic lack of imagination at the House Of Ideas these days.

Cue Wacker!
    what a strange set of assumptions