Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Member Gaastra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    decatur Al
    Posts
    974

    Default Jeff Smith's Bone Movie

    Jeff smith gives an update about the bone movie. Looks like they will use mo-cap like avatar and monster house.

    I sure hope they don't mess this up. Bone is one of the best comics ever made.

    http://www.printmag.com/Article/Jeff...ming-Bone-film

  2. #2
    Member Gaastra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    decatur Al
    Posts
    974

    Default Jeff Smith's Bone Movie-Will it ever get made!

    I'm a big fan of the bone comics and have been waiting for the live action movie. Nick had the rights then wb got them. Have they done anything with it? Will this film ever get made?

    Has there been ANY news at all on it?

  3. #3
    Mild-Mannered Reporter
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    28,900

    Default CBR: Warner Bros. Lines Up Writer, Director for "Bone" Adaptation

    Patrick Sean Smith, creator of ABC Family's "Greek," is set to pen the adaptation of Jeff Smith's acclaimed fantasy series "Bone," with "Peter Pan's" P.J. Hogan attached to direct.


    Full article here.

  4. #4
    Thunder Crash Personamanx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    38,286

    Default

    Not familiar with either but I can dig it. I wanna see what happens with this film.

  5. #5
    Elder Member dupersuper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    30,918

    Default

    Loved the book: I'll certainly give any movie or show a look.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

  6. #6
    Thunder Crash Personamanx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    38,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Loved the book: I'll certainly give any movie or show a look.
    Pretty much this for me.

    Hopefully it'll be well animated at the very least.

  7. #7
    Member Gaastra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    decatur Al
    Posts
    974

    Default Bone Movie gets a Director!

    http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...ff-smiths-bone

    It only took 4 years!

    Looks like it might be an animated film or a live action one!

  8. #8
    New Warrior emeritus
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Bone owes so much to classic Disney. I would have loved to see a beautifully animated 2D Bone cartoon done by some of the old-stock Disney folks.

    3D? UGH

  9. #9
    Thunder Crash Personamanx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    38,286

    Default

    Personally I think it would be interesting if the film was 2D/3D mashup. Have all the bones be traditionally animated in 2D and have all of the Valley and it's inhabitants in 3D. There might be technical trouble in doing so but it could work. And I think it'd be a good way to really show how different the Bones are from the Valley residents. Unfrotunately this is probably not the case. If it was however I hope they'd film the Bones on ones and twos, not exclusively one or the other. Just think they end up looking better that way.

  10. #10
    Elder Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    mansfield, MA
    Posts
    20,868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Personally I think it would be interesting if the film was 2D/3D mashup. Have all the bones be traditionally animated in 2D and have all of the Valley and it's inhabitants in 3D. There might be technical trouble in doing so but it could work. And I think it'd be a good way to really show how different the Bones are from the Valley residents. Unfrotunately this is probably not the case. If it was however I hope they'd film the Bones on ones and twos, not exclusively one or the other. Just think they end up looking better that way.
    See, I kind of saw it going the other way with the Bone characters being computer animated while the Valley was done in traditional animation. The valley just seemed like something out of a Disney film so I think it would look neat if it were animated in a similar way.

  11. #11
    Thunder Crash Personamanx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    38,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    See, I kind of saw it going the other way with the Bone characters being computer animated while the Valley was done in traditional animation. The valley just seemed like something out of a Disney film so I think it would look neat if it were animated in a similar way.
    Yeah, that does make sense but few studios would go for that I'd imagine. Too much 2D, and right now Classical Animation isn't exactly loved by film studios.

    But in any case I do think that some sort of conglomerate would work best for a film adaptation of Bone. Truth be told I think a Live action version would have potential too.

  12. #12
    Elder Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    mansfield, MA
    Posts
    20,868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Yeah, that does make sense but few studios would go for that I'd imagine. Too much 2D, and right now Classical Animation isn't exactly loved by film studios.

    But in any case I do think that some sort of conglomerate would work best for a film adaptation of Bone. Truth be told I think a Live action version would have potential too.
    That's true, which is a shame as I love traditional animation.

    Mixed-modes would seem the way to go, the visual clashing of two distinct "worlds" was part of what I loved about the books so I would love to see that visual distinction represented in the movie whatever way they can.

  13. #13
    This is bad comedy. Schornforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    10,485

    Default

    Way back when I first started getting into 'Bone', I hoped for live action humans, 2-D animated Bones, and Henson Creature Shop villains.

    I'd still like to see an eclectic mix akin to that, personally.

  14. #14
    Elder Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    mansfield, MA
    Posts
    20,868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Schornforce View Post
    Way back when I first started getting into 'Bone', I hoped for live action humans, 2-D animated Bones, and Henson Creature Shop villains.

    I'd still like to see an eclectic mix akin to that, personally.
    That would be amazing, I doubt we'll see that but that really would be an awesome idea. I can picture the Great Read Dragon puppet in my head right now.

  15. #15
    Thunder Crash Personamanx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    38,286

    Default

    Rat Creature puppets sure would be a sight to see.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •