"A what?"
    "A rock."
    "Oh."
    "Yeah."

Now imagine that for pages.
    Damn. Now I understand why

Quote Originally Posted by Drakoniz View Post
    Here's Deadpool. From what I know of for sure is this:

- Marvel Universe will be free-to-play, and was planned that way from its inception.

- It’s being developed by Secret Identity, a sub-group of Gazillion that was formed in late 2009 specifically to build Marvel Universe.

- You can play as Marvel characters, and other players can be the same hero as you at the same time, which the devs believe creates “lots of problems and lots of opportunities.”

- You won’t have to choose only one character, but will be able to play as all of them.

- Some of the characters you will play as are: Captain America, Iron Man, Wolverine, Hulk, Thor, Spiderman, Nova, and Squirrel Girl. Doctor Doom will be the game’s main villain (at least at launch).
    To sum it up, it's basically Ultimate Alliance 3 with an online multi-player option?
    What kind of MMO doesn't even let you create yours own character?
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    To sum it up, it's basically Ultimate Alliance 3 with an online multi-player option?
    my guess is to avoid lawsuits from "original characters" theoretically making it into comics.. Kind of silly IMO, but par for the course nowadays.. disney probably doesn't want to take any chances..

*Witty User Title Here* linkspirit97's Avatar

A few colour change options would be good, to help make them all seem different.

One that will actually be successful. Unlike DC Universe Online.

To be fair, I think this model will actually be fairly popular. Since the draw of Marvel's Universe is the characters. And playing them.

But I expect it's going to be like the traditional MMO, and I'm sure there will be an in-game reason for the multiple versions. Like a breaking down of the walls between realities, or the nexus of realities type of thing. From what I understand, the only place you may see dupes is in the 'Hub Towns', like on Super Hero Squad Online. And that when on missions and such, it'll check to make sure there isn't dupes. I'm certainly intrigued, since I'd rather see the actual characters than cheap knockoffs.
    Last edited by Beast; 10-01-2011 at 07:28 AM.
    Super Hero Squad Online - Curious Mad General - Current Rank: 1300.

True Believer - Proud Purchaser Of The Marvel Heroes Ultimate Pack!

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    One that will actually be successful. Unlike DC Universe Online.
    I wouldn't know, never played it...

Stop transforming every damn thread you post in in a Marvel versus DC thing. It's bloody annoying.
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

I wouldn't know, never played it...

Stop transforming every damn thread you post in in a Marvel versus DC thing. It's bloody annoying.
    I'm not. This has nothing to do with Marvel Vs. DC. So stop crying about imaginary slights.

I'm pointing out the fact that DC Universe Online is failing and pretty much dead. Which is why they're going F2P.

I'm not. This has nothing to do with Marvel Vs. DC. So stop crying about imaginary slights.

I'm pointing out the fact that DC Universe Online is failing and pretty much dead. Which is why they're going F2P.
    So, why on earth would you bring up a DC game in a thread that has nothing to do with Marvel versus DC? The success or lack thereof of DC's game is not relevant to this thread.

To be fair, the multiple hacker attacks against Sony stopped the game when it was gaining popularity. Also, all of the similar games turned F2P too.
    Songbird Appreciation Thread

Support Avengers Academy!

So, why on earth would you bring up a DC game in a thread that has nothing to do with Marvel versus DC? The success or lack thereof of DC's game is not relevant to this thread.
    Because it's a Superhero MMO. And one that allowed you to create your own character in an established universe. And clearly it didn't work for DC. Given the fact that the game dying, and going F2P to try to attract any players it can. Hence why the Marvel game is a wiser choice, because you get to play those iconic characters. So yes, the success or lack of success has a great deal of comparison. Now stop crying about some imagined slight.

Quote Originally Posted by Countgate View Post
    To be fair, the multiple hacker attacks against Sony stopped the game when it was gaining popularity. Also, all of the similar games turned F2P too.
    That really would only have effected the Playstation 3 version of the game. The PC game isn't doing any better.

Because it's a Superhero MMO. And one that allowed you to create your own character in an established universe. And clearly it didn't work for DC. Given the fact that the game dying, and going F2P to try to attract any players it can. Hence why the Marvel game is a wiser choice, because you get to play those iconic characters. So yes, the success or lack of success has a great deal of comparison. Now stop crying about some imagined slight.
    Since DC Universe Online is going free to play. I've actually looked more into it. The beta was really fun. But you are right the game was dying. Which I'm sure they'll gain more players once they go F2P. They've already told retail to pull all of there PC copies.

I see this Marvel Universe being really successful. I don't mind playing as the hero I always been a fan of being a little kid. I've always loved the whole X-Men Universe. Since they are going to be using the Unreal engine makes this game even sound better to me.

I'm just really curious to see how they handle the gameplay and if any PvP will be added into it. Also, if we'll have like a skill tree or talent points or whatever. If you can play as any Marvel character you want.. I wonder how the guild system will work. Unless you join based upon your display name and not the current character you are playing as.

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Here's hoping that this one actually comes to fruition unlike the last time a MMO Marvel game was attempted.

That really would only have effected the Playstation 3 version of the game. The PC game isn't doing any better.
    The game is made and hosted by Sony Online Entertainment, the target of the second attack. All versions of the game became unplayable for a while.
    Songbird Appreciation Thread

Support Avengers Academy!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Here's hoping that this one actually comes to fruition unlike the last time a MMO Marvel game was attempted.
    I hope they do not pull the plug on this one. But with them saying the beta could be launching mid to late 2012 I wish they would announce more characters cause it's taking them forever to show anything.

But 2013 looks like when it will be released. So I am hoping they don't rush anything. I'd rather wait another year for a finished product instead of a half-assed one. Then them try to patch note everything up.