Page 319 of 404 FirstFirst ... 219269309315316317318319320321322323329369 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,785 of 6060

Thread: Marvel Heroes

I have some questions I'm just not seeing in the FAQ.

When grouping with people, are the loot drops on my screen purely for me, a la Diablo 3? Or is it like WoW where a character will drop and everyone will have a chance to roll on it?

Will costumes only drop for characters you currently own? Or could you get a costume drop for someone you don't have? If that happens, can you sit on that costume until you get that character? Will that take up inventory space (assuming you have an inventory)?

If I already own a character or costume, will I see duplicates drop or will those be removed from my loot table?

Does this game have a rating yet? Will it be appropriate for my 5 year old? Will there be any sort of parental controls?

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Masked Badger View Post

When grouping with people, are the loot drops on my screen purely for me, a la Diablo 3? Or is it like WoW where a character will drop and everyone will have a chance to roll on it?

Will costumes only drop for characters you currently own? Or could you get a costume drop for someone you don't have? If that happens, can you sit on that costume until you get that character? Will that take up inventory space (assuming you have an inventory)?

If I already own a character or costume, will I see duplicates drop or will those be removed from my loot table?

Does this game have a rating yet? Will it be appropriate for my 5 year old? Will there be any sort of parental controls?
    I know they have said that the loot that you see drop is just for you.

Spider-Prime's only fan. spider-prime's Avatar

Yup, that has been confirmed that the loot is yours only and that the loot is mostly the character you are the something like 25% of the loot that is dropped is for other characters.

I am tempted to buy the Ultimate Pack,but i must resist.Hell,if i could try to see the gameplay,maybe i would spent some cash for this(i am torn between buying a pack for Marvel Heroes or buy some Zen for Champions Online)

As for costumes,if i see a Superior Spiderman costume,i would definetely try playing as web-head.
    "I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

No matter if you are grouped or running solo every loot you see on your window is yours. Which is nice, cause it takes away from everyone trying to ninja loot you.

Random Costumes/Characters I heard will drop no matter who you have.

I'm not sure.

This is the only thing I can find under there TOS:

"Age Restrictions

Some Gazillion Games have a "Teen" rating, which means that the Game may have content that some parents might not deem suitable for children under 18. In order to create an account for these "Teen" rated games you must be at least 18 years old. In order to be a Closed Beta Tester for Gazillion Games that are rated "Teen", you must be 18 years of age or older."

Source: https://marvelheroes.com/content/terms-of-service
    Keep Moving Forward.

SHSO ID: Shadow Cool Librarian
    XBox Live: StaringPandora6

just bought the jean starter pack, anyone else bought a starter or premium or even the Ultimate? that havnt said so already

Quote Originally Posted by gambitaab View Post
    just bought the jean starter pack, anyone else bought a starter or premium or even the Ultimate? that havnt said so already
    I almost impulse bought the Ultimate last night. I still have some Christmas bills to pay off before I buy but I most likely will get the Ultimate. I'm assuming/hoping the Founder packs will be available up until their unannounced release date.

Quote Originally Posted by alwc37 View Post
    So if we bought ultimate last night, we are probably good to go on beta access then even if it still says processing. I have to tell you that is a big relief.
    Indeed. Sorry if you were worried!

All loot that drops in game is just for you. No-one else can ninja-loot it.

Costumes are more likely to drop for a character you own, but it's not guaranteed. You can get both costumes and loot for characters that you don't currently own. That loot (or costume) stays in your inventory. You also have a personal stash that you can access in our social hubs, where you can put excess stuff.

That's actually under discussion right now, but put it this way; we don't want to overly frustrate you.

We don't yet, but we're aiming for 'T' for Teen. Obviously I can't judge what you will or won't find appropriate for your 5 year old, but we have no serious swearing, and our violence is not explicit - there's no bullet hits or sword slices or anything like that. No real gore. However the 'intensity' of the game will probably earn it a 'T'.

Question about the controls. In diablo 3 I could assign things to every mouse button. Left click, right click, wheel click, and my 2 thumb buttons. In Torchlight 2 I could only do the 2 main buttons. How does this game handle that?

Also closed beta, are they doing it on a schedule or can you pretty much play when ever you want?

I would like the premium pack so much more if we got to choose which 4 heroes we wanted.

Damn... 20 for one Hero or 15 each for 4 and a couple alt costumes. Seems a little excessive for a free to play game where they'll still be trying to nickle and dime ya once you got your foot in the door. Maybe if they sent me one of those there Beta codes like I asked kindly for and I got to try the game before they ask me to pay 60 bucks so I can play as my favorite character I might have been down for that.

Quote Originally Posted by goosey13 View Post
    Damn... 20 for one Hero or 15 each for 4 and a couple alt costumes. Seems a little excessive for a free to play game where they'll still be trying to nickle and dime ya once you got your foot in the door. Maybe if they sent me one of those there Beta codes like I asked kindly for and I got to try the game before they ask me to pay 60 bucks so I can play as my favorite character I might have been down for that.
    You're ignoring everything you get for the purchase. In particular the G's and Bonus G's to buy more characters and such.

You're basically getting the heroes and costumes for free when buying the G's for more characters.
    Last edited by Beast; 01-11-2013 at 04:22 AM.
    Super Hero Squad Online - Curious Mad General - Current Rank: 1300.

True Believer - Proud Purchaser Of The Marvel Heroes Ultimate Pack!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockjaw View Post
    Don't worry. We're looking into it, but when I left the office yesterday I was given to understand that the 'processing' message may just be a glitch. If you have bought an Ultimate Pack the 'processing' message doesn't refer to (for example) us 'processing' your order and determining whether or not you're getting Closed Beta access. We sold a lot of Ultimate Packs yesterday (And thank you all very much if you bought anything!) but we haven't sold 2,500 yet.

I don't believe you can trade purchased costumes, but I'll double check on that. As I think I mentioned you will still be able to hunt for unique costumes that will never be sold, but will only be loot drops, so there's still stuff to hunt later on.

As for heroes dropping when you already have them all, well, that's a bit too much info for me to reveal right now. But we know it'll happen and we have plans. :)
    More on this below...

Quote Originally Posted by alwc37 View Post
    So if we bought ultimate last night, we are probably good to go on beta access then even if it still says processing. I have to tell you that is a big relief.
    Ok good news on Beta keys for Ultimate purchases, however I just checked my bank account and its there as a "Pending Transaction" it is minus from my account but it still isn't completed, please take my money. Well regardless I am sure Rockjaw will have our backs when this is resolved. (I was mistaken in thinking this transaction had completed, it certainly should have 48 hours and counting) But it also says pending *01/12/2013 which is tomorrow & I have one other pending on when I got gas yesterday. So lets hope this is the last time I have to discuss online banking, these aren't the things people choose to talk about when it's working correctly.

EDIT: I got my Beta Key in e-mail Friday Night

Also a more careful reading of the FAQ reminded me, even if you get the Ultimate Pack... here are two good specifics copied... I myself am still curious how storage is gonna work, I also assume any Beta progress will not carry-over (which is fine, and not up to me so doesn't really matter how I feel about it. )

After I buy the Ultimate Pack, is there any cool stuff left to hunt in-game?

Yes! Some costumes will only be found as rare loot drops in Marvel Heroes, and will never be sold in the in-game store, or as part of a Founders Pack. You'll need to play the game to discover these costumes for your heroes! In addition, there's always rare loot to be found and equipped on your heroes.

If I buy an Ultimate Pack, will my in-game inventory fill up with costumes?

Even though the Ultimate Pack will grant you many, many costumes upon launch - don't worry! We will ensure that anyone who purchases the Ultimate Pack will have adequate storage space in-game for their costumes and plenty of other items.
    Last edited by Hobbkito; 01-13-2013 at 02:37 PM.

Good news for those of us picking up the Ultimate Pack!

Not only do we get the 4 Post-Launch Heroes. Emma Frost, Luke Cage, Nova, and Squirrel Girl....

But we also get the majority of their alternate costumes. Just like everyone else in the Ultimate Pack.

https://twitter.com/MMMSociety/statu...73149400502273
    Super Hero Squad Online - Curious Mad General - Current Rank: 1300.

True Believer - Proud Purchaser Of The Marvel Heroes Ultimate Pack!

Spider-Prime's only fan. spider-prime's Avatar

Awesome, hopefully the keys won't be long now when they send them out.