Page 307 of 404 FirstFirst ... 207257297303304305306307308309310311317357 ... LastLast
Results 4,591 to 4,605 of 6058

Thread: Marvel Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Drakoniz View Post
    Not everyone is guaranteed to make it in.
    No kidding. I registered on the site the day that registrations started, and I never got an invitation. The general lack of information is depressing.

One piece of information (from the Q&A session) worries me. Apparently there will only be five characters to pick from at the start. If I don't want to play any of those characters, I might just pass on the game, unless I find out that I can pick up a character I want very quickly and simply.
    Current favorites: Claymore, Puella Magi Kazumi Magica, A Certain Scientific Railgun, Justice League, Birds of Prey

Quote Originally Posted by Yttrium View Post
    No kidding. I registered on the site the day that registrations started, and I never got an invitation. The general lack of information is depressing.

One piece of information (from the Q&A session) worries me. Apparently there will only be five characters to pick from at the start. If I don't want to play any of those characters, I might just pass on the game, unless I find out that I can pick up a character I want very quickly and simply.
    Of course, if you want you can purchase the hero for money. I can't say anything due to NDA otherwise I would give you more information.
    Keep Moving Forward.

SHSO ID: Shadow Cool Librarian
    XBox Live: StaringPandora6

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Yttrium View Post

It's like Super Hero Squad, initial starting batch.

Well now that I got a new computer I went and watched the Gamespot demo and I am officially trying to find the exact words to describe how badly I want to play this game... bad enough that if it doesn't run it on this computer I will just simply find a way to get it to work... I am super psyched to start playing.

(Unfortunately maybe this means I am exhibiting a higher level of OCD that I have in the past, does it bother anyone else how much cool stuff he DIDN'T pick up in that demo?... I have to get in this game and pick it all up.)

Based on my decison and overall popularity of Deadpool on the polls, my guess is he will NOT be one of the initial free choices... I am still trying to figure how they are gonna make money here, picking out specific heroes to buy will likely be one of these ways. Oh and maybe inventory slots, which seems kinda evil if I really do go full on OCD. SHSO Backpack doesn't have a cap... course can't trade either.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbkito View Post
    Well now that I got a new computer I went and watched the Gamespot demo and I am officially trying to find the exact words to describe how badly I want to play this game... bad enough that if it doesn't run it on this computer I will just simply find a way to get it to work... I am super psyched to start playing.

(Unfortunately maybe this means I am exhibiting a higher level of OCD that I have in the past, does it bother anyone else how much cool stuff he DIDN'T pick up in that demo?... I have to get in this game and pick it all up.)

Based on my decison and overall popularity of Deadpool on the polls, my guess is he will NOT be one of the initial free choices... I am still trying to figure how they are gonna make money here, picking out specific heroes to buy will likely be one of these ways. Oh and maybe inventory slots, which seems kinda evil if I really do go full on OCD. SHSO Backpack doesn't have a cap... course can't trade either.
    I will say that wanting to play this badly is not a bad thing, as in you will not be let down. The MMO does offer a lot and it is fit to run on most older computers so your machine should be able to run it. :) I think if they wanted to make money they could have costumes or characters that if people do not wanna wait and farm the loot itself to go ahead and purchase with real money. Buying bag space always sound kinda meh to me.. Hate bag space restrictions in any F2P..
    Keep Moving Forward.

I have a weird concern now, I have been registered since about Oct. 2nd or 3rd but I never registered anyone else. Well I already missed opportunity to grab a screen name for one of my nieces, it is a very minor sorta-Marvel character and just a cool name, well it was taken but her sisters Alter-Ego was not but after I filled out her info I noticed on the profile something I had not seen, a default billing address, I left it alone but decided I would go back to mine and fill mine in... except once I logged in IT HAD THE PREVIOUS ACCOUNTS INFO... and I COULD EDIT IT, I think... didn't really try I wanted to edit MY INFO.

This could be a problem for anyone who shares a computer with anyone. Very weird and I had to go to a different computer I had previously used just to access my account info, this might be a minor cookie problem or something but I am so far from an expert that I am just guessing.

EDIT: It is possible that while on profile page I never properly Logged Out, see on this page button is on the side, if you click the top to go to main page and try to logout there, but it opens main page in new tab and thus still logged on... but also able to log in to new one and have front page say different name... still kinda weird but less of a problem... maybe.

That being said... lets hope either the game goes live or at least opens beta before Iron Man 3 come out at least... really would prefer sooner.
    Last edited by Hobbkito; 01-03-2013 at 07:33 AM.

I have a weird concern now, I have been registered since about Oct. 2nd or 3rd but I never registered anyone else. Well I already missed opportunity to grab a screen name for one of my nieces, it is a very minor sorta-Marvel character and just a cool name, well it was taken but her sisters Alter-Ego was not but after I filled out her info I noticed on the profile something I had not seen, a default billing address, I left it alone but decided I would go back to mine and fill mine in... except once I logged in IT HAD THE PREVIOUS ACCOUNTS INFO... and I COULD EDIT IT, I think... didn't really try I wanted to edit MY INFO.

This could be a problem for anyone who shares a computer with anyone. Very weird and I had to go to a different computer I had previously used just to access my account info, this might be a minor cookie problem or something but I am so far from an expert that I am just guessing.

That being said... lets hope either the game goes live or at least opens beta before Iron Man 3 come out at least... really would prefer sooner.
    Well they said 2013 was the year. Now which month is it gonna be now? :D
    Keep Moving Forward.

Well they said 2013 was the year. Now which month is it gonna be now? :D
    I think it will be at least Spring before it gets fully released but I hope it comes out sooner.

BANNED

Got a link to any of these polls?

I will say that wanting to play this badly is not a bad thing, as in you will not be let down. The MMO does offer a lot and it is fit to run on most older computers so your machine should be able to run it. :) I think if they wanted to make money they could have costumes or characters that if people do not wanna wait and farm the loot itself to go ahead and purchase with real money. Buying bag space always sound kinda meh to me.. Hate bag space restrictions in any F2P..
    Well I am sold, I have pretty much all the Characters in SHSO and that's fun but even with that said I don't mind being trimmed back and just playing a few characters. Because it looks like fun and I am getting a few ideas to try, they all are gonna have a few cool moves. I figure Deadpool is a good first choice, lots of voice gags Guns, Swords, and Grenades with a dodge move, pretty cool. Thing's promised team buffs sound interesting, and I haven't seen much love for Mr. Fantastic but I hope when he does come he has some really interesting entangling, dodging?/Bouncing,covering etc. just some cool interesting moves.

Pretty much just pick a character and see where the loot takes me.

Also the idea of half a team flying ahead of an area and then fighting back toward the other half of the team just seems cool, lots of options here.

Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage View Post
    Got a link to any of these polls?
    One I was thinking of was in this chat... I didn't take part just saw results. This is only one I can remember I saw, sure other one was older. And my decisions wasn't so much that Deadpool is a beloved character so much as just a\one with a good variety of goodies to make him more playable over time... weapons and a non-stop yakfest.

https://marvelheroes.com/news/news-a...a-david-brevik

BTW I am basically saying that he seemed so popular that I myself would think, you don't give away Spider-Man & Iron Man at the start, and apparently maybe not Deadpool either. So it might seem counter-intuitive and I am sorry for any confusion, but again I am just guessing. (But in case you don't know an example starters in SHSO Cyclops, Falcon, Ms. Marvel, & Thing)
    Last edited by Hobbkito; 01-03-2013 at 07:17 AM.

I'm hoping the initial 5 have diverse powersets, and that they're not all Avengers (or awful characters a la Deadpool)!

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Mind View Post
    I'm hoping the initial 5 have diverse powersets, and that they're not all Avengers (or awful characters a la Deadpool)!
    Well there are 26 so far, maybe we should list our bottom five/six. (Most of mine are just a lack of info and just a nagging that maybe will not have most interesting powers.)

Here are some I am leery of but I have not seen much of anything yet outside of the hour demo and raft walk-through, it is entirely possible actually playing any of these characters might begin a true appreciation for their powers/abilities. Clearly as much has been done a lot truly isn't know either.

Scarlet Witch (I have seen her play in demo, not really sure what she's doing.)
    Emma Frost (No info, and not many guesses either.)
    Punisher/Rocket Raccoon (I really was interested here until I though, are my powers basically just different sizes of explosion?... and then my thinking well that is not really a big negative, still could be fun. )
    Colossus/Luke Cage (I really just need more info here see if one becomes interesting.)

I am curious about Cap & Black Panther but I have no ideas as to what cool moves they might have (although BP probably has a dodge similar to Deadpool, or some interesting shield tricks for Cap... hopeful for some cool moves for both characters.)
    Last edited by Hobbkito; 01-03-2013 at 07:43 AM.

Member Wailing Crusader Gargoyle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Mind View Post
    Well, even for Gazillion's SHSO kids game the skill sets are pretty diverse for the free starting four:
    Cyclops: ranged with team buffs and AOE attacks
    Ms. Marvel: ranged with enemy AOE debuffs (makes them fall in love with her) and special melee attacks
    Falcon: Melee with emphasis on speed, ranged "Redwing" attacks
    Thing: Melee with emphasis on power, devastating AOE attacks

You start off with one X-Man, one Avenger (Ms. Marvel is at least a recent active Avenger, right?), one FF member, and Falcon, who is a mainstay on the SHSO show.

Despite some of the quirks that Gazillion seems to have, their emphasis on building rich playable characters (and hooking you from the start) shows up even in the kids game. I imagine that they have set the bar higher in terms of a rich combat experience for MH.
    Marvel game addict
    SHSO squad level: 960 or so
    MAA agent level: 185 or so
    SHSO Cbox: Wailing Crusader Gargoyle

BANNED

Ahhh. Yellow spandex underwear on the outside of skin-tight leather bodysuit. Props to the creative minds that came up with that 90's costume. <333

The hair looks kinda funny though. Like it's a wig tacked on the outside of his bodysuit's headpiece.