Page 290 of 404 FirstFirst ... 190240280286287288289290291292293294300340390 ... LastLast
Results 4,336 to 4,350 of 6058

Thread: Marvel Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by gambitaab View Post
    all these "give aways" are making me angry, i'm never in time to see them. I signed up on the first day, and i've followed this game since gazillion first made the deal with marvel. Sighhh i give up, come on release date :/
    I've seen that at work over the Twitter feed. And last time I looked minutes later they said they've been claimed. If Gazillion notices how fast they get taken I would think they've be wanting to get more and more people in. But as a beta tester for MH I have to say for them having a beta is needed.
    Keep Moving Forward.

SHSO ID: Shadow Cool Librarian
    XBox Live: StaringPandora6

The glass is half full. PSINGRAPHD's Avatar

Default A Belated, But Hopefully More Measured Response - Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by vaultofechoes View Post
    ... It was meant to be a bit of a joke. But yes, I see how it comes off the wrong. But well, I was a bit pissed off as well. (That's a lot of 'but's.) The last thing the game seriously needs though is for misinformation to be SPREAD in an OVEREXCITED MANNER!!!!! I don't know why people think that character model = ZOMG THEY WILL APPEAR AS PLAYABLES! Every game needs NPCs, it just happens that Marvel has 8,000 characters to choose from. And how do my remarks discuss closed beta content though? didilie.jpg when I said there was absolutely nothing to confirm that Havok is a playable character? At least I'm not the one who has to backtrack. ;) ...
    Again Vault, just for the record, I know that an NPC character model already eXisting in-game does't mean there is an immediate plan to make them playable. For that matter, it doesn't even guarantee there are any plans at all - in the near or distant future, let alone immediately. So there's no need to keep bringin' it up, as I said in Part 1, it's understood. Besides, that's not what happened with my interpretation of S/D's Havok news. I totally thought it was being implied Alex was already playable, not that he was appearing in-game as an NPC only & would soon become playable for that reason. Here are the original 2 quotes from S/D:
    Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    News of the night, Havok is in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    He has his Tron outfit too.

Oh, and Misty Knight is a seller.
    Right before I posted declaring Havok as - apparently - already playable, I had read each only once, very briefly. Even now, in retrospect & upon further reflection(i.e., seeing it again, lol), I can still see how I mistakenly arrived at the idea. Especially in my eXcitement, I mean it was Alex Summers, AKA Havok - one of my faves! It was the mention of him having his "Tron" outfit that really got me goin' too, 'cause in the past uniform discussions revolved around & were reserved for playable heroes eXclusively. Unfortunately, that same mindset gave way to a knee-jerk reaction on my part. Which I then took & ran with, regrettably leading to my premature & completely unverified assertion. In my defense, I think it's fairly understandable & even relatable to see how I got there tho, I don't think that's too presumptuous or too much to ask. Still, a justified misunderstanding does not eXcuse a false proclamation - I was wrong, plain & simple, there's no way around it. And for that, I'm sincerely sorry.

You're right, every game does need NPCs, but of Marvel's purported 8,000 characters I estimate there's prolly only a few hundred that are actually eligible as legit possiblities(for playable hero status). That's important to note, 'cause the single, biggest factor affecting that few hundred's predominantly lesser knowns - say like a Misty Knight or even a Havok - chances of making the cut eventually is what? That the big guns & mainstays, the staples if you will, like Spidey, IM, & Wolverino or even Ms. M, Emma, & Cage - when they're released, that's it, they're all one time only! There'll be no alternate versions, no reiterations of any kind, to not look forward to. We have outfits or "skins" to cover that, pun intended.
    So, every future playable hero revealed will always be an original & hopefully, result in a truly unique eXperience - as well they should. The way I see it, the A-listers are 'bout depleted, with the B-listers dwindling fast enough right behind them. Sooner or later, I figure 'round the time we hit the 50-60 mark, there'll be only the C-listers & beyond left to mine. This is a huge boon to those of us greatly looking forward to playing a Polaris, Black Bolt, or Songbird, but I still recommend keeping our high hopes to a minimum. Maintaining a more realistic, cautious optimism would seem to be a safer & healthier approach, lol. It'll blunt the inevitable disappointment we're bound to endure here & there, 'cause we're not about to get everybody & every lil thing we each want. Life doesn't work that way, and neither will this game.

... For that statement alone I'm glad you're not anywhere near closed beta and hopefully never will be. Just don't blame me when others turn on you for feeding them false information. ...
    Hmmm... puzzling... 'cause if I were participating in closed beta, why would I even need to bother engaging in unfounded speculation & rumor mongering? It doesn't seem to make much sense, but that could just be me, lol. Ironically, my interset in applying for closed beta was fleeting & always casual at best, so no worries. I never signed up & prolly never will, I'd rather wait for the final product I guess. Lucky for you, huh? Lol. I'm sure I have some misconceptions 'bout the time & devotion involved(or is it required?) with being a CB tester. But TBH, I've always perceived it as a somewhat burdensome task, bordering on becoming almost chore-like. I could be wrong 'bout it all & probably am, but I prefer playing at my own pace, not on a schedule for lengthy periods. I'm also not very reliable when it comes to correspondence having to be eXchanged at regular intervals.

Turn on me?!!! For feeding them false info?! I love your dramaticism Vault, but your hyperbolic tendencies sometimes make it sound like you're veering off into the less savory territory of histrionics.

... P.P.S.: ON A MORE SERIOUS NOTE if the devs don't reveal certain aspects of the game, it's either because they want to surprise you or they are not ready. Trust them to surprise you, please. Also, the last thing they need is Alex Summers fans badgering them to make sure he appears in the game as an NPC or whatnot, or even playable. Though I suppose I should start a rumour that Howard the Duck appears in the game, so loony fans will pressure the devs to make sure he appears...
    Your comments are duly noted. Tho I would cite the Alex Summers & Howard the Duck remarks as eXamples of you flirting with the eXcessive overreach alluded to above.

The End
    Marvel Faves
    Polaris, Jean, Dazz, S Witch, Wasp, Angel, Gambit, QSilver, Crystal, BBolt, Namor, Thor, Strange, Cap, Widow, Falcon, IW, Torch, Mags, Crawler, Storm, Cap M, SpiderW, Fist, Panther, GotG

omg, *geek squeal*, i got in :)

BANNED

HA! Funny and you were just upset about it.

getting upset is what wins you a key

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    getting upset is what wins you a key
    seemed to work for me!

so what forums do my fellow cbr peeps post in?

BANNED

Could someone PM who are the top most requested heroes on the forums please?

lol you guys are funny congrats gambitaab :)
    Risen

For those who got into the Beta, did you enter in when the code giveaways first started? Cause I think I waited a hot minute before doing it....and I'm pretty sure I said I've never participated in a Beta before. Derp.

Quote Originally Posted by EXCELSIOR 2.0 View Post
    For those who got into the Beta, did you enter in when the code giveaways first started? Cause I think I waited a hot minute before doing it....and I'm pretty sure I said I've never participated in a Beta before. Derp.
    Hey, i got in with a giveaway. I also signed up from the start, like right when they announced it lol. I also said i didnt ahve any closed beta XP, so what i did was google "Marvel Heroes Online Closed Beta Key Giveaway" and set the tools to past 24 hours, looked last night and entered a few, then did it this morning and was like the second person to do a twitter one and go in.

Quote Originally Posted by joshtylen View Post
    lol you guys are funny congrats gambitaab :)

Thanks! have you gotten in yet? if not do what i said in my other post if your wanting to get in.

Quote Originally Posted by gambitaab View Post
    Thanks! have you gotten in yet? if not do what i said in my other post if your wanting to get in.
    They have official forums on the website, so I would advise if you wish to talk about it to do so on those forums. Also, the client will tell you the beta schedule and when they go online/offline.
    Keep Moving Forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakoniz View Post
    They have official forums on the website, so I would advise if you wish to talk about it to do so on those forums. Also, the client will tell you the beta schedule and when they go online/offline.
    I know that, i dont think talking about how to get a key is against the agreement. It can't be.

Woohoo! Tried the using Google method and discovered an IGN giveaway just up. Redeemed key and was accepted! Downloading beta client now! Woohoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Spireite View Post
    Woohoo! Tried the using Google method and discovered an IGN giveaway just up. Redeemed key and was accepted! Downloading beta client now! Woohoo!
    Congrats! Hit me up if you guys wanna party up for tomorrow's event.
    Keep Moving Forward.