Page 289 of 404 FirstFirst ... 189239279285286287288289290291292293299339389 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,335 of 6058

Thread: Marvel Heroes

Spider-Prime's only fan. spider-prime's Avatar

yah I don't get it either. I want to know more news about the game, like features and whatever. I'm fine not being the beta if they fill that time with casually releasing news once in a while.

I think they deserve a pass due to thanksgiving. Let's see if this week they bring up some news.

Spider-Prime's only fan. spider-prime's Avatar

True, I never expect news on the weekend, unless it's from Nintendo, whom usually does it during Sunday.

I think we might get a reveal near Christmas.
    Risen

Soldiering Earth Avenger Johnos's Avatar

just got beta key from 7outof10.com giveaway. downloading now!
    Super Hero Squad Online Name: Soldiering Earth Avenger
    Signature Hero: Armored Spider-Man
    Squad Level: 1867
    Avengers Alliance: Level 133
    Marvel Heroes Ultimate Pack Owner!

nice hope they give out more
    Last edited by joshtylen; 11-26-2012 at 05:05 PM.
    Risen

BANNED

Curse you thread! WHy did I go Mac?!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnos View Post
    just got beta key from 7outof10.com giveaway. downloading now!
    It's actually http://www.7outof10.co.uk, the one you provided is a dating site. lol
    Visit ~ Storm-Goddess ~ One of the longest running and most advance Storm fansite on the net

Quote Originally Posted by The Weather God View Post
    It's actually http://www.7outof10.co.uk, the one you provided is a dating site. lol
    Yeah, I was gonna say... I just entered, I picked Beast naturally. Then I realized the contest started the 22nd. Mernt :[

I did that one. I picked Wolverine, haha.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    I did that one. I picked Wolverine, haha.
    Ugh. I've i entered that my E-Mail about Beast would have blown them away.

Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage View Post
    Ugh. I've i entered that my E-Mail about Beast would have blown them away.
    Don't worry, I picked Beast too, and I'm sure I blew something away.

I still have yet to try it out. :P
    Keep Moving Forward.

SHSO ID: Shadow Cool Librarian
    XBox Live: StaringPandora6

The glass is half full. PSINGRAPHD's Avatar

Default A Belated, But Hopefully More Measured Response - Part 1

Quote Originally Posted by vaultofechoes View Post
    I didn't want to go into a debate, hun, but here we go. The art of passive-aggressiveness is never as unobvious as it thinks it is. ...
    Well Vault, as far as I'm concerned, there's no debate to be had. I admit I was too quick in jumping to conclusions, but I feel you then rushed to judgement on & overreacted some to the assumptions I'd made. I in turn got a lil defensive & overreacted myself to your comments, and so on & so forth. That's pretty much it, at least in my assessment of the situation anyway, for what it's worth. However, I have no interest in pursuing a tit for tat with you any further. Sorry bro(?), it's just not my style. In possession of a clearer head now, I'm uncomfortable enough typing this, trust me. I'm a big fan of the more pleasant things in life, which our most recent eXchange was not, so a decidedly different tone had to be taken. Do me a favor tho, please avoid & refrain from using cheesy psycho-babble in the future, it's unnecessary & besides that - it's beneath you.

... OF COURSE it was not supposed to be a direct apples-to-apples comparison. Did you seriously think I was making a direct comparison between a butler and a superpowered mutant? All that statement meant to underscore is that character model /= playable character. Just because a character model is in-game does not mean there is an immediate plan to make them playable. Note a previous interview where it was discussed that in terms of NPCs, compared to playable characters, the devs could 'dig deeper'. Same with the likes of Shanna the She-Devil and Clea. As much as I would eventually want to see them playable, what are the odds of that? Very small. I'm sorry that you might miss out on a, hmm, obvious line of thougjht. ...
    Regarding Jarvis: Ya know, funny thing is, I remember that interview where they cited him as eXample of an NPC who almost assuredly would never see the light of day as a playable hero. I also remember thinking to myself at the time, "No shit, Sherlock, tell me somethin' I don't know!" I may have even said it out loud, lol. I mean seriously, who would ever eXpect Jarvis to go from an NPC to a playable character in the first place? Are we supposed to actually believe the PTB were really considerin' him for the conversion process? What's neXt, they gonna pronounce that J. Jonah Jameson, Moira MacTaggert, & Aunt May are likely to remain NPCs as well?

But that was my initial reaction, the more I thought about it, the less curious it became & the more deliberate it seemed. I now believe it's plausible the Jarvis response was intentional, in that it's an ambiguously safe way of having your cake & eating it too, so to speak. Think about it, it's the perfect answer to discourage further probing questions, which they're not ready or willing to answer just yet. While simultaneously, it provides coverage by still allowing for endless possiblities, with the proverbial door left wide-open for NPC characters who are actual heroes. Ya know, the ones that come with battle-ready powers and/or skills. They're the logical & reasonable suggestions, choices whose candidacy makes practical sense, regardless of their pop culture prominence - or lack thereof.

Which brings us to the likes of Shanna the She-Devil & Clea, who I agree are far more UNlikely than likely when it comes to being playable. IF they end up being NPCs when MHO is released to the public tho, I feel it would only increase the odds to some degree, in favor of them becoming playable - eventually. Mind you, still somewhere way down the road prolly. Not only for the reasons stated above, that they're heroes with abilities & actual combat skills, but also 'cause they're part of a surprisingly limited supply of said characters. The pond's not as big as you think, in fact, it's more like a pool really - with each fish being original & one of a kind this go around! And it's shrinking all the time, with every new playable hero that's officially released to the media & revealed to fans. But more details on all that later, in Part 2. Right now, here are my final thoughts & last words on Jarvis:
    I can't, or could I ever, accept him as a legitimate case in point to bolster the argument that not all NPCs will become playable. First of all, most of us have acknowledged that we're already aware a character model doesn't equal a playable hero. So by now, I think it's safe to say that particular bullet point has been hammered home(even when it didn't need to be) & is perfectly understood. Ya know what else I think is understood? That Jarvis was NEVER going to be playable - EVER!!! As a result, especially when speaking in comparative terms, there's little - if any - correlation to be found. For me, that renders any reference to him as rather moot & TBH, negligible on its basis alone. That's all I really meant when originally addressing him being brought up.

... P.S.: I was always on the fence about Nightcrawler appearing in the demo. But I might go add it to the list later. thanX ;) ...
    Oh, make no mistake - 'Crawler was there! That was Kurt's lower half we saw in that trailer, I have no doubts!

End of Part 1
    Marvel Faves
    Polaris, Jean, Dazz, S Witch, Wasp, Angel, Gambit, QSilver, Crystal, BBolt, Namor, Thor, Strange, Cap, Widow, Falcon, IW, Torch, Mags, Crawler, Storm, Cap M, SpiderW, Fist, Panther, GotG

all these "give aways" are making me angry, i'm never in time to see them. I signed up on the first day, and i've followed this game since gazillion first made the deal with marvel. Sighhh i give up, come on release date :/