Page 269 of 404 FirstFirst ... 169219259265266267268269270271272273279319369 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,035 of 6058

Thread: Marvel Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Drakoniz View Post
    "There are three different types of zones (or "towns," as the Gazillion team called them) in the Marvel Heroes MMO. The first is the safe zones where players won't be engaged in combat and can join guilds and trade, the second is the dungeon crawls with randomly generated monsters, and the third is plot-based instance dungeons with mega bosses and a story written by Marvel super-scribe Brian Michael Bendis."

At least they're making all the towns different. We can interact, guild recruit in one. Run Dungeons-Stop chaos in another or stick to the story-plot. I like this

I see myself mostly farming dungeons and running and just kicking ass in the city. That sounds most appealing to me, of course I'll run through the story to see how it looks. :)
    Outstanding information! Thank you so much for this. I've been trying to find this type of news for a while.
    SHSO name:Astral Zephyr (Yes, THAT guy)
    Signature hero:Nova
    Squad Rank:1340+

I would thank Vaultofechos he posted the information I just quoted a link from the website he linked for us.
    Keep Moving Forward.

SHSO ID: Shadow Cool Librarian
    XBox Live: StaringPandora6

So after watching that video again.. He says "You actually have to buy them using in-game currency which you buy with real money." So is the cash shop gonna be the only way we can unlock new heroes? I know they said the whole thing would be F2P.. Can't see how we would unlock them unless they drop as loot? I'm not sure.
    Keep Moving Forward.

So after watching that video again.. He says "You actually have to buy them using in-game currency which you buy with real money." So is the cash shop gonna be the only way we can unlock new heroes? I know they said the whole thing would be F2P.. Can't see how we would unlock them unless they drop as loot? I'm not sure.
    They don't make an online game without a sub without a cash shop, and buying new heroes is most likely going to be the number 1 income stream.
    The game is still free to play.

BANNED

I hope they mean "You can buy fake currency with real money, but you can still earn them for free."

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    I hope they mean "You can buy fake currency with real money, but you can still earn them for free."
    This is likely the case. They said you could unlock the heroes through gameplay so that likely means that to get heroes you'll have to do a lot of grinding. But I wouldn't worry about not being able to get some heroes for free.

What I do wonder though if they'll have different prices. I could see costumes having different price if they're rare to obtain, but will some heroes be cheaper than others? I don't think it's right to pay the same for Thor as you do for say, Punisher.

A lot of interviews said that we'll be able to get heroes just playing, but if you want to get the faster/easily you need to pay. I think that last article from vault mentions this.

Costumes will be available to everyone too BUT some may be restrict to real money. I just want to know how hard it's going to be to keep up with all heroes released. With LoL's release schedule and champion price it's impossible to buy every new character unless you have a lot of free time to play, but usually you don't want everyone (I don't buy mages for example).

Quote Originally Posted by Dreins View Post
    A lot of interviews said that we'll be able to get heroes just playing, but if you want to get the faster/easily you need to pay. I think that last article from vault mentions this.

Costumes will be available to everyone too BUT some may be restrict to real money. I just want to know how hard it's going to be to keep up with all heroes released. With LoL's release schedule and champion price it's impossible to buy every new character unless you have a lot of free time to play, but usually you don't want everyone (I don't buy mages for example).
    I always go after Bruisers/Tanks. For some reason no matter what game or MMO I always go straight for a tank. Marvel Heroes will be the same way.. If anything given who is first Thing may be my first. (not sure who you get to select in the beginning) Just because he is a bruiser then I'll branch out to Colossus and others. I don't like casters so I'll be avoiding most mages.

I'm sure some people will just go out and buy all the characters up front. No doubt.
    Keep Moving Forward.

I'm only interested in Mutants. Females first, then males. Flatscan can suck it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    I'm only interested in Mutants. Females first, then males. Flatscan can suck it.
    I'm more interested in females period.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Judging by your avatar Emma Frost will be your primary target?
    Keep Moving Forward.

Im always more interested in playing as female too.
    Gonna buy them all lol
    First the mutants,of course.

I hope Rogue is in it till the begining,would hate to use my game coins in someone else and then one day later Rogue gets to the store and ill go crazy.
    xD~

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vampira View Post
    Im always more interested in playing as female too.
    Gonna buy them all lol
    First the mutants,of course.

I hope Rogue is in it till the begining,would hate to use my game coins in someone else and then one day later Rogue gets to the store and ill go crazy.
    xD~
    I bet you anything that Rogue will be released at launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    I bet you anything that Rogue will be released at launch.
    Eh. Anything can happen :P They could release other characters other than Rogue. BUT... Even if you did use all your coins to buy someone else if you really wanted her you have the option to buy her :P
    Keep Moving Forward.

Judging by your avatar Emma Frost will be your primary target?
    Yeees. If she's not one of the starters, I'm picking Storm or Wanda and working on getting her first. The rest I will decide depending on the price of each. Not to mention how much currency you get from looting. I supposed the people in beta can do the math on this better, provided the numbers don't change too much once it opens.