Page 1 of 404 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel Heroes

Default Marvel Universe MMO - What Is To Become

Since Gazillion & Marvel have dropped the ball for this upcoming MMO I'll be keeping this thread active with any news or pictures that I can come across. I know we may be a long way's away from this before release but I thought it'd be best to let everyone know how it is and what it could possibly look like. To not have any confusion.. This is not the same one, that was previously cancelled in 2009.

Secret Identity Studios is teaming with Gazillion Entertainment and Marvel in developing Marvel Universe.
    Brian Michael Bendis is the game’s head writer.
    The game is a free-to-play MMO.
    PC is the only platform they’re speaking about so far.
    Dr. Doom is the game’s primary villain.
    Players actually play as their favorite superhero characters.
    The game will launch with more playable characters than any other Marvel game to date.
    You can play primary heroes like Spider-Man, Captain America, Thor as well as more obscure characters like Nova and Squirrel Girl.
    Where Super Hero Squad Online targeted young kids and families, Marvel Universe is aimed at the “hardcore” gamers and comic fans.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________

With the F2P model I see this really keeping up with DC Universe Online. Since, they seem to be going F2P later this month also will give the players a chance to take a swing at this game, only difference is in DCUO you will be allowed to create your own hero/villian. In Marvel's defense they did not want the user to feel like the "sidekick" so they thought playing as your favorite Marvel character would be better. They did not say if the game will be browser based or not. From the looks of it, it seems like they are using the unreal engine. For everyone's question about 1000 Spiderman/Wolverines running around. They said they have a really good answer for this but they cannot release anything yet. Release date has not been set but they planned to have it around The Avengers film. So within mid of 2012 we can at least see a open beta possibly.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________

The Marvel Universe MMO will likely be monetized through DLC (more characters!) and microtransactions.
    Target audience described as “Core MMO,” meaning the MMO audience, movie watchers, comic, readers, etc.
    Stories from the comics definitely involved, key locations and events more than exact retellings of stories from a particular Marvel Universe. Also draws from Films, anime, etc. – “not constrained by 30 or 40 years of continuity.”
    That allows writers (and potentially, the players) to offer their own spin on stories and create new ones.
    In terms of characters, all of the “big families” are involved, so you can insert the Fantastic Four roster and hopefully many of the X-Men characters.
    Game will feature “cool MMO stuff” that we haven’t seen before.
    Can “mix and match” characters, creating parties/guids on the fly.
    They’re a fan of the concept of achievements. Take that for what you will.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Bendis did let out a slip "“You can be squirrel girl, you friend can be doom, and you can beat the s*** out of each other.” But he later re-iterated that you play AS the heroes. I agree with the source that the gameplay will be more closer to the Marvel Ultimate Alliance/X-Men Legends/Diablo series.

For more information you can go to http://gamerant.com/marvel-universe-...-robk-81746/2/
    Also, here is the model version of Wolverine. Released from MMMSociety

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Drakoniz; 10-17-2011 at 03:14 PM.

What consoles will this be on?

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin Neal View Post
    What consoles will this be on?
    PC for sure. And other consoles TBD? Same thing like SHSO but adult core gamer version

I think it's development for 360 as well.

I really hope this one will have Nightcrawler in it

Quote Originally Posted by Drakoniz View Post
    Can you guess who it is? I wonder who it could be!

http://mmmsociety.tumblr.com/
    D-Man?

Quote Originally Posted by CmX View Post
    I think it's development for 360 as well.
    I sure do hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin Neal View Post
    I sure do hope so.
    I'm sure it will. But I think PC will be the route I'm going for.
    Don't quote me for this though.

Here's hoping this turns out better than DCUO, because that was very boring after the first few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Goggindowner View Post
    Here's hoping this turns out better than DCUO, because that was very boring after the first few weeks.
    I hope so. Ever since I heard about this I've been having REALLY high hopes for this one. I plan to actually give DCUO another try when it goes F2P next month give me a change of pace other than WoW

BANNED

...so, one group shot and two character models spread over months?
    ...that's lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    ...so, one group shot and two character models spread over months?
    ...that's lazy.
    At least we're getting something lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drakoniz View Post
    At least we're getting something lol
    That's what they said about Duke Nukem Forever.

I've been burnt out on mmo's for over 4 years now. As much as I enjoy Marvel I don't think I'm getting this.
    “When ambition ends, happiness begins.” Thomas Merton

Quote Originally Posted by rawhidekid View Post
    I've been burnt out on mmo's for over 4 years now. As much as I enjoy Marvel I don't think I'm getting this.
    It's F2P. Which is one good thing. Plus since it is designed for core gamers it might be a good game. I'm wondering how the combat system and everything else will work.