Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by md62 View Post
    My pull list looks like my early 90's list with titles from DC/Marvel/Image & Valiant. The only company missing from my list is...Malibu(Ultraverse).
    That's right 2012 feels like 1992 all over again.
    New Avengers*Unity* Shadowman* RAI* TRANSFORMERS* MILES MORALES

Quote Originally Posted by md62 View Post
    My pull list looks like my early 90's list with titles from DC/Marvel/Image & Valiant. The only company missing from my list is...Malibu(Ultraverse).
    God...if only! But alas, Marvel would poo-poo the poop out of it...

Huge fan of the old Valiant (espically pre unity) which I still re-read all the time. Those pre unity comics are damn near magical in my eyes. Im very excited for the new launch, but still sceptical. There is so much potential and I hope it catches on. I will give the first few issues a shot.

I got burned by Shooter's pretty awful Gold Key relaunch of his old Valiant books recently. I wont stick around just to stick around if they are crap. All signs are looking good though. Thats probably a very unfair comparison though cause Shooter's new Gold Key stuff was just so dated.
    Yeah, no connection there at all. Shooter was on board as an editor at the new Valiant for a time, then ran out on them and did the GK stuff at DH. After reading those, him leaving may have been the best thing that happened to them. The art and writing teams are FAR superior to the GK books.
    VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.

I don't mind the pain Oskar Von Strange's Avatar

Was flipping through the FCBD issue and was intrigued by the Eternal Warrior pin-up. Looks really cool and almost had a samurai/ronin vibe look. Can anyone explain what that series was about or what to expect from the new series coming up??
    Currently reading:Creepy, Eerie, Frankenstein Alive Alive, The Goon, Haunted Horror, Hellboy in Hell, King Conan: The Conquerer, Minimum Wage, Stray Bullets: Killers

Quote Originally Posted by Oskar Von Strange View Post
    Was flipping through the FCBD issue and was intrigued by the Eternal Warrior pin-up. Looks really cool and almost had a samurai/ronin vibe look. Can anyone explain what that series was about or what to expect from the new series coming up??
    Eternal Warrior was pretty rad. Each of the Valiant books/main characters are so different from each other.

Basically Eternal Warrior is Gilad Anni-Padda. Hes an immortal who has been around for 1000's of years, born in BC times. The old book took place in current times with loads of flashback issues from all throughout history (think World War II to ancient Egypt). There's these mystical characters called Geomancers who claim they can speak to the earth - one is selected at a time throughout history. They are basically prophets and protectors of the earth. Gilad serves the Geomancers acting as their "fist".

The old EW looked like someone out of Fist of the Northstar - he wore a unique jacket and had a glove with spikes on the knuckles. In other words - the dude kicks all kind of ass. I wont spoil who, but Gilad is the brother of another main Valiant character and he is just as old as him.

EW makes a secret cameo in the new X-O Manowar #1. Take a close look at the opening battle in the field - hes the dude with the scars on his face of course.
    Last edited by Destro777; 05-09-2012 at 12:41 AM.
    Marvel: Hickman's Avengers books
    DC: Azzarello's WonderWoman
    Valiant: X-O Manowar
    Other: Hellboy, Fables, Spawn, Savage Dragon, Prophet

I don't mind the pain Oskar Von Strange's Avatar

That sounds pretty cool, going around in history and kicking ass. I'll be waiting for the creative team to be announced and check it out once winter rolls. Thanks for the reply!!
    Currently reading:Creepy, Eerie, Frankenstein Alive Alive, The Goon, Haunted Horror, Hellboy in Hell, King Conan: The Conquerer, Minimum Wage, Stray Bullets: Killers

Newsarama put up a preview for archer and armstrong.

http://www.newsarama.com/php/multime....php?aid=46345

On topic, I would just merge the malibu-verse with the ultimate marvel-verse.
    Last edited by Zak213; 05-09-2012 at 02:42 PM.

Excited? I'm ecstatic about this relaunch i'll be picking up "Harbinger" and "Armstrong & Archer" when they hit shelves.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinitebit View Post
    Excited? I'm ecstatic about this relaunch i'll be picking up "Harbinger" and "Armstrong & Archer" when they hit shelves.
    Don't forget Bloodshot in between! I know he's the most "mainstream" character of the launch, but I think there is going to be some crazy stuff in that book. 2 awesome artists are splitting duty and the hot rumor is Rai may be a big part of it all before that series launches next year.
    VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by BugsySig View Post
    Don't forget Bloodshot in between! I know he's the most "mainstream" character of the launch, but I think there is going to be some crazy stuff in that book. 2 awesome artists are splitting duty and the hot rumor is Rai may be a big part of it all before that series launches next year.
    Love Rai, does anyone know if Shadowman will be coming next year?

Quote Originally Posted by rasx View Post
    Love Rai, does anyone know if Shadowman will be coming next year?
    The FCBD issue teased Eternal Warrior this Winter and Rai next Spring. No word on Shadowman yet, unfortunately, but all indications are that he and Ninjak are the next two in the pipeline.

Shadowman was teased a bit on the Valiant tumblr last year as they were ramping up for the relaunch. And Ninjak seems to be a favorite of the new ownership. I think they are aiming for 8 titles by the end of 2013.

Personally I'd like to see Timewalker or HARD Corps over Ninjak, but who am I to complain when I get new Valiant after 20 years?
    Last edited by BugsySig; 05-11-2012 at 06:51 PM.

The FCBD issue teased Eternal Warrior this Winter and Rai next Spring. No word on Shadowman yet, unfortunately, but all indications are that he and Ninjak are the next two in the pipeline.

Shadowman was teased a bit on the Valiant tumblr last year as they were ramping up for the relaunch. And Ninjak seems to be a favorite of the new ownership. I think they are aiming for 8 titles by the end of 2013.

Personally I'd like to see Timewalker or HARD Corps over Ninjak, but who am I to complain when I get new Valiant after 20 years?
    Or Secret Weapons that way we can see multiple characters together.

Ohhh, can't wait for a possible Shadowman return!

Quote Originally Posted by rasx View Post
    Or Secret Weapons that way we can see multiple characters together.
    I have said that too. You could have Ninjak, Dr. Mirage and others that don't warrant an ongoing of their own but would be great to see.

I have said that too. You could have Ninjak, Dr. Mirage and others that don't warrant an ongoing of their own but would be great to see.
    My dream Secret Weapons would have:
    X-O Manowar
    Shadowman
    Ninjak
    Livewire
    Stronghold
    Dr. Mirage

If only Valiant had the rights to Doctor Solar. Hopefully they can do something with Solar the Destroyer even if they have to change the name.