Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rasx View Post

As excited as I am for DC's 52, I'm that excited for Valiant's return.

Completely stoked at the quality I'm seeing here.
    Pete looks like Nate Grey on that pic.
    Don't know the Troublemakers I didn't pick up a lot of the Acclaim stuff.[/QUOTE]

The eye glow was a signature of Stings. He debuted in 1992, so I am not sure if he predates Cable (I think Cable debuted in 1990?), but definitely predates Nate Grey. And actually, his power set is pretty similar: telekinesis, telepathy, mind control, possibly teleportation, etc.
    VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by BugsySig View Post
    Pete looks like Nate Grey on that pic.
    Don't know the Troublemakers I didn't pick up a lot of the Acclaim stuff.
    The eye glow was a signature of Stings. He debuted in 1992, so I am not sure if he predates Cable (I think Cable debuted in 1990?), but definitely predates Nate Grey. And actually, his power set is pretty similar: telekinesis, telepathy, mind control, possibly teleportation, etc.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Pete pre-dates Nate so I guess you could say that Nate looks like Pete.

Favorite books: All books by Valiant, Green Lantern, Batman, Aquaman, Invincible, Uncanny Avengers, Five Ghosts, and The Sixth Gun.

NEW VALIANT blog is up! Manga4life's Avatar

Having never been interested in Valiant characters before I can say that I'm pretty darn excited about this comic company's launch and the initial 4 titles that will be hitting the stands this summer, I look forward to checking them out. It's funny, if these books were picking up where the last books left off I don't think I would be nearly as excited for them as I am now and probably wouldn't even give them the time of day, but since they're starting from day 1 I see this as something I can dive into since these characters will be treated like brand new from the get-go. Not much longer until X-O #1 is released, hopefully comic fans give it a shot and a chance to suceeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Obregon Kaine View Post
    I am very excited about the Valiant Relaunch!

These really are great characters.

I hope that next year they put out books starring Rai and Shadowman.
    Quote Originally Posted by SavijMuhdrox View Post
    after seeing some of that artwork and recalling that I did enjoy Troublemakers back in the day, I will keep my eye out for this stuff.

Attachment 91399
    Same here...we r mo anxious on those titles dan d announced 1's.......and Quantum & Woody.

Napoleon of Crime Professor Moriarty's Avatar

and if you're a fan of Valiant comics then check out Valiantfan.com

Quote Originally Posted by SavijMuhdrox View Post
    after seeing some of that artwork and recalling that I did enjoy Troublemakers back in the day, I will keep my eye out for this stuff.

Attachment 91399
    The Acclaim comics line gets overlooked because they changed the established characters too much. But there were some great books like Quantum & Woody & Troublemakers.

Going in with no expectations whatsoever really. Only getting into comics proper around 2004-ish id never heard of Valient (save the Shadowman and Turok properties due to games), but im planning on trying out the relaunch.

Harbinger looks interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Moriarty View Post
    and if you're a fan of Valiant comics then check out Valiantfan.com
    I tried joining their forums but like Dynamite forums you have to wait on an acceptance email that you never receive, I'm going to just stick with cbr who's more people friendly.
    New Avengers*Unity* Shadowman* RAI* TRANSFORMERS* MILES MORALES

Quote Originally Posted by rasx View Post
    I tried joining their forums but like Dynamite forums you have to wait on an acceptance email that you never receive, I'm going to just stick with cbr who's more people friendly.
    I joined about a month ago and it only took a few hours to get the acceptance. Traffic there is a lot busier recently, so perhaps they are on top of it more now.
    VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.

Looking forward to the titles for sure, but dissapointed to see how Valiant took the bad pricing trend with $4 cover prices...

http://www.comiclist.com/index.php/n...-solicitations
    KingConan|Hellboy|BlackScience|EastOfWest|Fatale|L azarus|Prophet|Saga|Umbral|Velvet|Harbinger|Rai|Unity|XO
    ASW|Batman|GL+C|JL+U|RL|SwampThing|WonderWoman
    _ N U Avengers|Cap|DD|MK|Thor

Thanks for the solicits Havok.
    So after 3 issues Aric hasn't returned to Earth as yet. I guess he'll reach around #4-5.
    New Avengers*Unity* Shadowman* RAI* TRANSFORMERS* MILES MORALES

Quote Originally Posted by havok1977 View Post
    Looking forward to the titles for sure, but dissapointed to see how Valiant took the bad pricing trend with $4 cover prices...

http://www.comiclist.com/index.php/n...-solicitations
    The price point is tough because only the big two can really afford to keep books at $3 and survive. But even they struggle to do that, choosing to drop page counts to accommodate. I buy several Dynamite books at $4 and I appreciate getting a solid story with a decent number of pages for that price. Based on what I have seen from Valiant the art is pretty superior to most DE books and the writing seems spot on. So I don't mind the price point.

I remember passing by all of the Valiant titles when I first got into comics back in the 90s, as I was a strictly Marvel kid. I remember them vividly, though.

I'll be giving X-O Manowar a shot with the relaunch. It looked semi-interesting back then and I can get in on the ground floor this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferago View Post
    Yea that's a shame. Isn't stuff like this a big part of why people like comics?

No. no it isn't.

Why is Turok skullfucking the guy with the deformed head?
    Visit the Ace Comics & Games Digital shopfront:
    http://www.acecomics.comicretailer.com