Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

The S curl is an El Family trait in SBFF

It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superchick View Post
    LOL... Talk about your Atomic Wedgies.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SBFF Supergirl Resentment Poster.jpg   SBFF Curfew Poster.jpg   SBFF Super Wedgie Poster.jpg  

Supergirl is definitely the standout in Super Best Friends Forever, I wish they'd make a show based around this concept, it's so much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by supergirls_pal View Post
    Two TV shows???
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Virginia, United States Of 'Merica, bitches!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Two TV shows???
    The creator of this must not be counting SMALLVILLE...

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    The creator of this must not be counting SMALLVILLE...
    Or Superboy? So just Adventures of Superman and Lois&Clark? Also: an animated series?????
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

"The Tardis, when working properly, is capable of many amazing things. Not unlike myself."

WOW!!!!!!

Amazing Accuracy on the New52 Costume.

Supergirl you look Stunning.

I just caught up and I love this series. It is awesome. She doesn't even speak english. I still need to read #8 though, but I am adding this to my pull list ASAP.
    Pull List: Saga, Danger Club, Invincible, Chew, Animal Man, Aquaman, Supergirl, Earth 2, Dancer, The Flash, TWD, Before Watchmen, Harbinger, and Swamp Thing

Quote Originally Posted by Selphy View Post
    Oh, on another note, I've been getting into the new DCU Supergirl but I'm not sure if I should go back and read older issues/trades? Is there anything you guys would recommend? I'm looking for fun stories, doesn't necessarily have to be super deep, thought-provoking or anything.
    Unfortunately, prior to the most recent relaunch of Supergirl before New 52, Supergirl stuff isn't collected that well. Peter Allan David's Supergirl is AMAZING (I was going on about it awhile ago in this thread) but only has a couple of trades (that are both out of print now I think) and the backstory is really freaking convoluted (Loeb alludes to this in his intro to Superman/Batman: Supergirl when he talks about rebooting her).

As far as Loeb-era Supergirl...Superman/Batman: Supergirl is a great read and the first volume of Supergirl (Power) is good, as are the last few volumes, but in the middle things get murky. Issues with creative teams and all the events that were going on kind of mucked up the title and make it hard to read if you aren't familiar with some of the big changes that were going on in the DCU at the time.

Prior to that there isn't actually a lot worth reading IMO. The Matrix/Supergirl II era is spotty (she never had her own title, just guest spots and minis) and her writing is a bit inconsistent, though there are some moments where she's awesome (esp. in Death of Superman). The Matrix Supergirl has a really weird backstory though (she's not actually Krpytonian or Kal's cousin) I've never been able to get into classic Kara as I don't like the way she's written (or how women are written or how comics in general were written) but this is all stuff from the early 80s and back, so eh. I thought she was pretty decent in Crisis on Infinite Earths but, well, yeah... Some of the Golden/Silver issues are available in DC's Archive Books but black and whites don't interest me to much, so I can't recommend specific volumes.

Besides the costume, I think New 52 Supergirl has been one of the best versions of this character. She seems to take good stuff from a lot of the older Supergirls but is still distinct. Other than that, go watch Superman: The Animated Series and Justice League Unlimted. Seriously. They did a good job with her in both those shows lol.
    I knew I'd bury you one day, you sanctimonious, self-righteous pain! -- Lex Luthor