View Poll Results: Potential female partners for Spiderman

Voters
76. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • She-Hulk

24 31.58%
  • Silver Sable

14 18.42%
  • Psylocke

9 11.84%
  • Spider-Woman

19 25.00%
  • Ms. Marvel

49 64.47%
  • Mystique

7 9.21%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by EuphemismForSex View Post
    Are Dagger and Firestar even the appropriate age? Firestar, at least, is written really young, from what I understand... And I don't know about Dagger because she's barely in anything at all.
    I think both Dagger and Firestar is written like they are twenty years or something like.

Disciple of En Sabah Nur Harbinger of Apocalypse's Avatar

You know, if She Hulk briefly joined the Future Foundation, there could be plenty of adventures with her and Spider-man as a team.
    I am Apocalypse! Look upon the future and tremble!
    I am as far beyond Mutants as they are beyond you. I am eternal.
    Evil? I am not malevolent, I simply am!

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger of Apocalypse View Post
    You know, if She Hulk briefly joined the Future Foundation, there could be plenty of adventures with her and Spider-man as a team.
    Well, Jen is in no book, so they could use her there.

She's not on the list, so I didn't vote, but I say: FIRESTAR!
    "If God is the answer, the wrong question has been asked."

Quote Originally Posted by MagSeven View Post
    She-Hulk - My pick and only if she can wash off the Juggernaut stink. I did like her series when Slott was on it, so I'd be down with her appearing in Spider-Man.
    Here is a link to the She-Hulks love interests. She only needs to get to Spidey to make her love conquest complete. Cool link, huh?

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2010/06/..._conquests.php

Lawn-mowing Enthusiast EuphemismForSex's Avatar

Sara Bailey, after she remembers.
    Bad news everyone...

Quote Originally Posted by EuphemismForSex View Post
    Sara Bailey, after she remembers.
    Or Alex, Charlies' sister from the What if Spider-Man VS Wolverine.

Lawn-mowing Enthusiast EuphemismForSex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_Legend View Post
    Or Alex, Charlies' sister from the What if Spider-Man VS Wolverine.
    Gah, if only. Get yourself a Dimensional Portal, Spidey! Or better yet, make one.

She'd be too badass for regular Spidey though. That would be an interesting dynamic.
    Bad news everyone...

To be realistic, I doubt that we'll ever see Spidey in a relationship with any of the women that I mentioned. I feel that the moment that Spidey is in a relationship with a Super heroine or Mutant, it becomes more about Spider-Man and less about Peter Parker. And I doubt that the current team working on Spider-Man is going to take the time to develop those relationship organically, if it doesn't interest them.

I also doubt that we'll ever see Peter and Mary Jane together for the foreseeable future.

As for the Black Cat, the relationship was brief(Because it was conceived by a different writer). But I feel that the current team wants to focus on the everyman Peter Parker. Thus, this might be why we never saw the continued progression of Peter's relationship with Carol Danvers. And she was the closet that we saw towards an alternative to Spidey's relationship with The Black Cat.

As far as relationships with a super heroine goes with Spider-Man/Peter Parker, it's all depends on the person who is writing Spider-Man or his related books. Each writer has a different view on the character. So it's about using that opportunity to make a big mark on the book. And the chance for doing that is very limited.

I understand that some writers wouldn't mind doing a relationship between Spider-Man x Heroine. But, they are not writing Spider-Man or his related stories at the moment. For this year, I think that the focus is about Spidey's 50th Anniversary. Thus, this is a very important year.

I want Dan Slott to create the best stories possible for Spider-Man. If possible, I want him to spend at least a decade on the book. His has given this book a breath of energy that hasn't been seen in a long time.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 01-21-2012 at 11:54 AM.

I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar

Darth, I'm a little surprised you never played up Spider-Man and Mockingbird.
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Darth, I'm a little surprised you never played up Spider-Man and Mockingbird.
    Is Mockingbird interested in Peter Parker?

I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Is Mockingbird interested in Peter Parker?
    She's an attractive blonde who knows Peter is Spider-Man. And her ex, Hawkeye, is currently going at it with Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew).

Of course since she's had the Infinity Formula, she's going to live as long as Nick Fury, so that may put a kabosh on such things.
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    She's an attractive blonde who knows Peter is Spider-Man. And her ex, Hawkeye, is currently going at it with Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew).

Of course since she's had the Infinity Formula, she's going to live as long as Nick Fury, so that may put a kabosh on such things.
    I wonder if Silver Sable has the Infinity Formula in her body as well? This would make Silver into an interesting character. I still feel that Hawkeye is playing around with Spider-Woman to make Bobbi jealous.

I like the idea of Jessica Drew x Peter Parker in a mutual relationship as he does with Carol Danvers. It would be nice to see him in a mutual relationship with Jennifer Walters as well. Somehow, I feel that Clint x Bobbi will get back together again.

BANNED

I think Parker has enough charm and personality to be compatible with any marvel heroine or villaness.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    To be realistic, I doubt that we'll ever see Spidey in a relationship with any of the women that I mentioned. I feel that the moment that Spidey is in a relationship with a Super heroine or Mutant, it becomes more about Spider-Man and less about Peter Parker. And I doubt that the current team working on Spider-Man is going to take the time to develop those relationship organically, if it doesn't interest them.

I also doubt that we'll ever see Peter and Mary Jane together for the foreseeable future.

As for the Black Cat, the relationship was brief(Because it was conceived by a different writer). But I feel that the current team wants to focus on the everyman Peter Parker. Thus, this might be why we never saw the continued progression of Peter's relationship with Carol Danvers. And she was the closet that we saw towards an alternative to Spidey's relationship with The Black Cat.

As far as relationships with a super heroine goes with Spider-Man/Peter Parker, it's all depends on the person who is writing Spider-Man or his related books. Each writer has a different view on the character. So it's about using that opportunity to make a big mark on the book. And the chance for doing that is very limited.

I understand that some writers wouldn't mind doing a relationship between Spider-Man x Heroine. But, they are not writing Spider-Man or his related stories at the moment. For this year, I think that the focus is about Spidey's 50th Anniversary. Thus, this is a very important year.

I want Dan Slott to create the best stories possible for Spider-Man. If possible, I want him to spend at least a decade on the book. His has given this book a breath of energy that hasn't been seen in a long time.
    Tha'ts a excuse from writers to be lazy. You can write both Spidey and heroine partner as a civilian without a problem.