Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Peter Milligan

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    Yeah - that was a real shame. Dillon was fast becoming one of my favourite artists and then he apparantly dropped out of the whole comic scene partway through this story.

He's supposedly back now working on a graphic novel -

It seems to be taking forever though.
    his fill in issues of shade made me a fan and was excited with him on egypt. he did some work on tank girl also. i'll get his graphic novel when it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by V0nnegut View Post
    His X-Statix is some of the funniest and most clever comics I've ever read. Enigma is fantastic, and I'm currently in the middle of Shade. Loving that too, 'specially the John F. Kennedy-arc. Haven't read anything else, but I'm getting there.
    his x-force/x-statix was great and was a great compliment to the stuff morrison and quitely were doing on x-men. it was a good time to be a mutant fan. allred helped make that series great.

i found that shade really picked up art wise with issue 16. it was cool to see bachalo's style develope on that series.

Such intelligent writing. I loved every moment reading Enigma for the first time. I had never read anything like it. Thumbs up to this thread.

I'd like to read Milligan batman. Any trades available? Or any particular issues people would recommend?

More human than human. Johnny P. Sartre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Home made ectoplasm View Post
    I'd like to read Milligan batman. Any trades available? Or any particular issues people would recommend?
    Batman #452-454, Detective Comics #629 - #632, #638 and # 643
    The 9th Blog
    A Blog made with friends about comics, the 9th art
    Tumblr: Comics! Comics! Comics! ACK!

Quote Originally Posted by Home made ectoplasm View Post
    There's the recent Dark City, Dark Knight 100-page Giant. Well worth picking up.

More human than human. Johnny P. Sartre's Avatar

Just got done reading Milligan's Hellblazer Annual, talk about a gut punch, the overall atmosphere is choking and heavy. Then there's Bisley's, he's still on the top of his game and he captures the overall dread mood of the story with his art
    The 9th Blog
    A Blog made with friends about comics, the 9th art
    Tumblr: Comics! Comics! Comics! ACK!

Regrettably, my first introduction to Milligan was his run on Adjectiveless X-Men which I thought was HORRIBLE, so I wrote him off for a while. Luckily, I snagged the Skreemer trade off the discount rack at my LCS, and I was pleasantly surprised. I'm interested in checking out some of his other works now, and there seems to be a decent suggested list above.

BANNED

How is Human Target? I watched the Fox TV series, and thought it was basically an inferior version of Burn Notice.
    Last edited by Mr. Holmes; 02-05-2012 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    How is Human Target? I watched the Fox TV series, and thought it was basically an inferior version of Burn Notice.
    Human Target is excellent. I never saw the show, but it's not even about the same thing. The comic is about a guy who is a master of disquise and gets a bit too carried away with his roles, it's very well-written and has great character work.

I always wonder how much of his work is based on first hand, personal experience.
    X-Poster of the Month: July 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

I'll second Human Target. Excellent work from Milligan with inspired art from the late Ed Biukovic, Javiar Pulido, and Cliff Chiang. Definitely worth picking up.

I ADORE Milligan. His stories, however gut wrenching, emotionally dirty, with real-life-punching-you-in-the face beats, it all comes just down to being human and what are you gonna do about it. Add to that his special brand of (dark) humor, which makes me all jolly, and party never stops in Milligania.

Whataver I read of his works, he never failed to give me something to think about or feel, whether it dealt with sexuality, personality (what is personality anyway is one of my favourite quotes of his), identity, desires, stories.

I read Enigma about two weeks ago, and that little red lizard blew my mind in those last few pages. I had to collect my thoughts for 15 minutes afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Otchofriend View Post
    Thank you for these! :) I'll read them right away!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    How is Human Target?
    Sharp, sweaty, violent and intriguing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Batman and Charles View Post
    Human Target is excellent. I never saw the show, but it's not even about the same thing. The comic is about a guy who is a master of disquise and gets a bit too carried away with his roles, it's very well-written and has great character work.
    Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    I'll second Human Target. Excellent work from Milligan with inspired art from the late Ed Biukovic, Javiar Pulido, and Cliff Chiang. Definitely worth picking up.
    Quote Originally Posted by T Hedge Coke View Post
    Sharp, sweaty, violent and intriguing.
    Okay I better jump on this ASAP.