Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Peter Milligan

...No word on The Discipline?

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcore noob View Post
    Dark Knight Dark City was collected a couple of years ago:
    http://www.amazon.com/DC-Comics-Pres.../dp/B0055J9WCS
    Yeah, but I'm holding out for a collection that includes the excellent single issue stories.

Me too. I would love to read the Hungry Grass comics.

Veteran Member The Beast Of Yucca Flats's Avatar

That Adventures Of Superman plot sounds a bit too similar to Action #775, but who knows.

I need to finish that 'Tec run, too, someday (I only have "Hungry Grass," "The Executioner Wore Stiletto Heels"-- which I'm not honestly sure I got the full grasp of at the time-- & "The Bomb").
    Last edited by The Beast Of Yucca Flats; 12-14-2013 at 10:31 AM.

Okay. Read the Adventures. Kinda wondered "is he or isn't he", but quickly dismissed it. The ending was much more enjoyable when it hit.
    What? do you need blood spattered on your faces to even feel alive anymore???
    ohsnapulon5000

For those who wondered about The Discipline...
    ANNOUNCEMENT. Very exciting news from DC COMICS. There is a story I’ve been aching to write and which I’ve been working on. This story has now taken the place of THE DISCIPLINE (for now). The artist is the same – the wonderful LEANDRA FERNANDEZ – but the story is different. This is a dark thriller called THE NAMES. More details soon.
    BB

Whatever's Pete aching to write, my heart aches to read.
    ohsnapulon5000

Man I was really wanting to get into the discipline

My wife might had liked it too...

I'll see what the Names is about though.

I need Demolisher ongoing, exploring every dark little urge Superman has.

I chuckled every time Supes went to bed, and Demolisher sneaked out. That would be two times.
    ohsnapulon5000

Doop will be back in action with Milligan at the helm ! A doop ongoing ? Haha. This is the truth. We re lucky.
    Currently loving: Superior Foes, Saga, Prophet, Manhattan Projects, East of West, Sixth Gun, Private Eye. Et al.

All-New Doop. Woooo.
    BB

Shadowman was good. I wish Pete would cut more loose on it. Artwork and colors are beautiful, though.

Any news on Terminal Hero?
    ohsnapulon5000

Nothing new on Terminal Hero yet.
    BB

Doop is just a 5 issue limited series. Ugh. And it ties in with X-men lore more than I was hoping it would.
    Terminal Hero sounded amazing. No news? Hope this one doesn't get swept under the carpet. Geee, I wish Milligan would get a book up and running at Image, so he could cut loose. I think it'd be a good fit. Sooner or later.... I bet it'll be so. Fingers crossed.
    Currently loving: Superior Foes, Saga, Prophet, Manhattan Projects, East of West, Sixth Gun, Private Eye. Et al.

Finally got around to reading "Face"...honestly, while its not as expansive as Enigma, I think I like it even more. Just a really, good tight story by the Milligan/Fergado team supreme.

I do Milligan is one of the best writers in the business. He tends to get overlooked in the face of bigger, more popular British Invasion. I think the big thing is that he doesn't have that one big popular/much beloved book or run. Moore's got Watchmen, V for Vendetta, From Hell, League of Extradonoiry Gentlemen, etc. Morrison has JLA, New X-Men, All-Star Superman, etc. Gaiman has Sandman, Ellis Transmet/Authority/Planetary, Ennis' Preacher/Hitman/Punisher. It should be Shade the Changing Man, but that seems to have fallen out of memory, going by CBSG's Top 100 Comic Book Runs from 2012. His X-Force/X-Statix is probably his most popular book, but it was always a pretty hipster book, just outside the mainstream with Mike Allred pop sensibilities. A lot of his acclaimed work with McCarthy was out of print for 20 years, and so much of his other books seem to just have been forgotten.