Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Peter Milligan

Quote Originally Posted by Sissel View Post
    I don't know if this has been posted already, but Peter Milligan has given some info about his new Vertigo project, which will be called The Discipline. Here's the link: http://translate.google.com/translat...nanegativa.com The original interview is in Spanish, but I've applied Google Translator for those that don't speak it.
    ...that was actually not a bad translation.
    Nice to hear that The Discipline will be an ongoing and not surprised he didn't know much about Red Lanterns...
    BB

More human than human. Johnny P. Sartre's Avatar

Got done reading the Johnny Nemo Magazine from Eclipse Comics; bloody hilarious.

Milligan and Ewins were very playful with this mini-series. With Johnny Nemo they were playing with the tropes of Private Eye genre and the single individual against all odds. There was also a second story going on, Sindi, which pokes fun of libraries by making them a dictatorship with bizarre beliefs on how libraries came to be; reflecting on it, it was somewhat Borgesian in their approach.

The big draw here is no Milligan's writing though (which is great) but Brett Ewin's art and color. Ewin's art is beautiful and his coloring adds another depth to his work.'

Definitely hunt these comics if your a fan of either or both of these creators.
    The 9th Blog
    A Blog made with friends about comics, the 9th art
    Tumblr: Comics! Comics! Comics! ACK!

Going to be reading this bad boy tomorrow.
    The 9th Blog

a young McCarthy and Milligan during their promotion of Parardax
    The 9th Blog

People like to throw around the phrase "comic book rock star". Those guys are the real thing.

I look very much forward to reading Paradax, and a bunch of other old McCarthy/Milligan stuff I haven't read, when I get that collection in september.
    Last edited by Batman and Charles; 05-15-2013 at 03:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman and Charles View Post
    People like to throw around the phrase "comic book rock star". Those guys are the real thing.

I look very much forward to reading Paradax, and a bunch of other old McCarthy/Milligan stuff I haven't read, when I get that collection in september.
    Not so much rock stars (not enough people know who they are), but rockers, yes. Or, if you will, RRRAAAAAWK!

(I just wish the other McCarthy/Milligan was in there, too.)

Which, makes me wonder, what the hate of "comic book rock stars" is, anyway? I can remember people blowing gaskets over Alan Moore's rings, Grant Morrison's suits, Steranko's ascots, anyone wearing sunglasses or a loud jacket. (I remember someone summing up their disdain of Marie Javins, who's just done nothing but kick ass in comics, as "she just stands there being all pretty and better than everyone. And you know she does it on purpose.") The whining any time comics talent have any kind of flair or fire. WTF? Who's hurt by someone else having a bit of style?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny P. Sartre View Post
    Milligan and Ewins were very playful with this mini-series. With Johnny Nemo they were playing with the tropes of Private Eye genre and the single individual against all odds. There was also a second story going on, Sindi, which pokes fun of libraries by making them a dictatorship with bizarre beliefs on how libraries came to be; reflecting on it, it was somewhat Borgesian in their approach.

The big draw here is no Milligan's writing though (which is great) but Brett Ewin's art and color. Ewin's art is beautiful and his coloring adds another depth to his work.'

Definitely hunt these comics if your a fan of either or both of these creators.
    I'd also recommend Bad Company from 2000AD if you're a fan of Milligan, Ewins, and Jim McCarthy. (I actually prefer that material to Johnny Nemo because I had read Nemo so long after its original publication that it had been imitated quite a bit.) There's two collections: The Complete Bad Company (which is not actually complete) and Kano, which features later stories about the characters.

Four degrees higher Cheesedique's Avatar

I've always liked Milligan's work on Batman and found his JL:Dark pretty interesting. I wanted to catch up on some of his stuff, heard a lot about Enigma. I was able to find a copy of the trade in great shape, at cover price, at the comic store a few weeks ago.

So I've never read it before, and I'm about 3 issues in--quite the head-twister so far, loving the concept. Can't wait to read through this thread too.
    Last edited by Cheesedique; 05-21-2013 at 08:54 PM.
    Superman sucks. Batman rules. Spider-man's the best.

The 9th Blog

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

Any new news about Milligan's Discipline?
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!

Yes along with other new series that have gotten their own article...
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny P. Sartre View Post

That was great! Has this been reprinted? How was that Paradax?

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

THE DISCIPLINE – Launching this December, THE DISCIPLINE is a dark, erotic thriller about a privileged young woman named Melissa who is thrust into a centuries old battle between good and evil. She begins an affair with a mysterious man named Orlando who opens her eyes to a sexually sinister world she never knew existed. Through this ritualistic seduction (“The Discipline”), Orlando unlocks Melissa’s inner power and then enlists her into a shadowy war that has been fought for centuries. THE DISCIPLE comes to you from writer Peter Milligan and artist Leo Fernandez.

IIIIIIIII'M SO EXCITED!!!
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote2010 View Post
    That was great! Has this been reprinted? How was that Paradax?
    Paradax is fucking brilliant and what you read will probably be part of the Milligan/McCarthy HC coming out later this year.
    The 9th Blog

Culé Forever

Finished reading Face and The Eaters..

Onto the Extremist now!!