Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Peter Milligan

BANNED

His New 52 work was alright, but I'm enjoying the hell out of Hellblazer (completely unintended).

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    I'm enjoying his short Batman stories, actually. I wouldn't mind him going to Batman Inc or Batman and Robin; something less overtly superheroic.
    Oh, I haven't read those digital stories yet. And yeah, I think he could probably do something interesting with Inc, or even TDK or Tec, though those two are probably filled by Hurwitz and Layman for the forseeable future.

Just read his Skin and Face a few days ago. Damn good stuff.
    BB

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

I like his superhero comics well enough but the new 52 is kind of a mess right now.

Meanwhile, he should be coming back to Vertigo pretty soon.

BANNED

What do people think about his X-Men run?

Haven't heard anything positive about it.
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    It was kind of a gigantic mess, and that's pretty much what 99% of people think.
    Aside from the first arc, that was acceptable (but stil had an ending that didn't need to be there, just so it could fit 6 issues), everything was aimless, plotless, you could smell he wasn't enjoying what he was doing, and that editorial was heavily interfering (it was in the middle of House of M and aftermath). Some plot-points were introduced then dropped, some dialogues makes no sense or are embarrassingly bad, and the "climax" Blood of Apocalypse... let's just say it wasn't good. Worst of all, it was pretty boring, not even bad in a laugh out loud way like Chuck Austen was before.

Season 2 of Blue Estate CTpitch's Avatar

I enjoyed X-static
    A Happy supporter of Indie comics and B-list heroes

Check out the Death to Comics Podcast...if you dare

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

I only read his first X-Men story, which I didn't think was bad. I think the difference between him and others writers is that he didn't come off as a fan of the characters.

His X-Men run was outstanding, better than Astonishing X-Men, which was called out as perfect X-Men book at the time.
    First story was psychological horror, and everything else that followed continued examining the characters inside and out, by using the same old tired X-Men plots, which made it seem satirical and comedic, but nonetheless creepy.

I read Rogan Gosh the other day. I don't know what to say... it was just perfectly humane. Incredible, amazing, fascinating, stunning...etcetc

Why do cbr servers lie to me?

BANNED

Yeah this is what I thought - I hear so many mixed things about it.

I re-read Astonishing X-Men, and I'm astonished at how mediocre and unambitious it is. It's so generic and standard superhero fare, eschewing all the forward thinking elements Morrison introduced. I'm guessing this pleases the ultra-conservative fanboys who hate innovation.

I read the X-Statix Omnibus, and it's ridiculously good. It rethinks the whole mutant idea in such a way that puts even Morrison's New X-Men to shame.

Most indeedly.
    BB

I'm guessing this pleases the ultra-conservative fanboys who hate innovation.
    You hit the nail on the head with that one.

I read the X-Statix Omnibus, and it's ridiculously good. It rethinks the whole mutant idea in such a way that puts even Morrison's New X-Men to shame.
    Couldn't agree more. Morrison just polished old stories for new century, introducing some interesting concepts, but getting bogged down by the same stories he started to rehash. But I like the overall idea of alternative subcultures getting devoured by mainstream one, and all the implications and questions that cultural process raises.

BANNED

I'm surprised people think his X-Men was so controversial and bold. I mean besides Magneto, it's so reverent to Claremont. It's a creative and forward thinking run, but probably the safest thing he's done besides JLA.

Also yeah Rogan Gosh is insane. I read it about ten times in one sitting. It's like Jerry Cornelius, but Indian and 10x tripier.

I'm still trying to get my hands on Enigma.