Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Peter Milligan

Quote Originally Posted by barcelunatic View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm new here, and have a question on The Eaters.

Could any of you confirm whether it is just one single issue (100 pages or so, if I am not mistaken)? I just saw it at a comic book store today, and wasn't sure whether there were any follow-ups.

Thanks!
    Just 64 pages. There's a recent 100 page Giant that collects it and a few odds and ends. Definitely worth picking up.

They should do a 100 page Giant of Girl (or even better, a proper trade.)

They should just collect all/most of Milligan's minis into one single trade.
    BB

Culé Forever

Thanks for the info, B. Kuwanger and FanboyStranger. I guess I'll reserve that particular copy then!

Do you know why he did all that one-off stuff (Face, The Eaters)? Was it always planned like that, or did he/DC not want to follow them up?

Quote Originally Posted by barcelunatic View Post
    Thanks for the info, B. Kuwanger and FanboyStranger. I guess I'll reserve that particular copy then!

Do you know why he did all that one-off stuff (Face, The Eaters)? Was it always planned like that, or did he/DC not want to follow them up?
    Always planned that way. All of the "Vertigo Voices" stuff (Face, Tainted, The Eaters) were 64 page one-shots.
    Last edited by FanboyStranger; 01-19-2013 at 05:37 AM.

Since you are all big fans of Milligan's work, any interest in his upcoming 4-Part story for Legends of the Dark Knight?

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2013/01...he-dark-knight

Ahhh yissss.
    BB

Culé Forever

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    Always planned that way. All of the "Vertigo Voices" stuff (Face, Tainted, The Eaters) were 64 page one-shots.
    Thanks! Hope to get my hands on as many of those as possible!

san francisco - the free range twink farm

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    Just 64 pages. There's a recent 100 page Giant that collects it and a few odds and ends. Definitely worth picking up.

They should do a 100 page Giant of Girl (or even better, a proper trade.)
    Girl remains of the greatest things i've ever read. Definitely in the top-two of my favorite comics ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_Solanas View Post
    Girl remains of the greatest things i've ever read. Definitely in the top-two of my favorite comics ever.
    It's so undiscovered. Even amongst many Milligan fans, it's the odd book out. I think it got overshadowed by Kill Your Boyfriend, which deals with similiar themes, but I like Girl more.

Another Milligan book that needs to be collected is Vertigo Pop!: London. VP!: Tokyo and VP!: Bangkok got a combined tpb, and they were nowhere near as good as London.

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

Read and finished the X-Statix Omnibus. Man, that was a great read. Loved every single issue and loved all the characters. Milligan wrote them all so damn well and found great ways to make them stand out on their own and bring them to life. Despite being fame whores and usually unlikable, there was still a lot about these characters that made you fall for them. And you wouldn't believe how pissed or disappointed I was when a character would be killed off.

I can say that my favorite characters were The Spike and Phat. LOOOVED The Dead Girl/Dr. Strange mini.

Thoughts on X-Statix?
    Last edited by Greg Anderson; 01-21-2013 at 08:56 AM.
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Anderson View Post
    Read and finished the X-Statix Omnibus. Man, that was a great read. Loved every single issue and loved all the characters. Milligan wrote them all so damn well and found great ways to make them stand out on their own and bring them to life. Despite being fame whores and usually unlikable, there was still a lot about these characters that made you fall for them. And you wouldn't believe how pissed or disappointed I was when a character would be killed off.

I can say that my favorite characters were The Spike and Phat. LOOOVED The Dead Girl/Dr. Strange mini.

Thoughts on X-Statix?
    It's the only X-Run I've liked.
    BB

More human than human. Johnny P. Sartre's Avatar

Did someone says Girl!? One of the best mini-Milligan books ever created!

If that is going to be collected then Face NEEDS to be in that collection.
    The 9th Blog
    A Blog made with friends about comics, the 9th art
    Tumblr: Comics! Comics! Comics! ACK!

BANNED

Looks like Milligan is off all his DC books now...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Looks like Milligan is off all his DC books now...
    To be honest his New 52 work, while I enjoyed most of what I read, wasn't really what I'd say is anywhere around his best work. If this leads to him doing something new at Vertigo or Image or whatever, or just being put on a new DC series where he can really go wild, I'd be fine with it.

EDIT: I'd love it if he could get something like China Mieville has done, his own fairly self-contained title in the Dark line utilising some DC concepts.
    Last edited by LoneNecromancer; 02-11-2013 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    To be honest his New 52 work, while I enjoyed most of what I read, wasn't really what I'd say is anywhere around his best work. If this leads to him doing something new at Vertigo or Image or whatever, or just being put on a new DC series where he can really go wild, I'd be fine with it.
    I'm enjoying his short Batman stories, actually. I wouldn't mind him going to Batman Inc or Batman and Robin; something less overtly superheroic.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/