Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Peter Milligan

Quote Originally Posted by Otchofriend View Post
    Practically everything he writes identity and sexuality play a huge part, if not, the all the parts in his story.

Check out those interviews I posted, you'll see why identity and sexuality are important to him.
    When i was writing that, as a bi-person, i was talking about Milligan's himself. Hey, dude, I'm the goddamm Milligan fan.

He don't care about general comic book trues and rules too. I love him; he always has been an outsider.

Give him JLD!
    When i remembered he'll not write, i'm keeping mysef from tears

Junior Member Judge-Sergeant-Marron's Avatar

I thought you guys might like to know that apparently Shade the Changing Man will be getting his own short in the upcoming Cartoon Network block DC Nation!

You can catch a very bried clip of Rac in action here;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTJ8QwSCCUE

I am very goddamn excited for this! I wonder if Peter had any involvement in it? Never thought I'd see a Vertigo character in a mainstream DC animation...
    PULL LIST: ALL-STAR WESTERN - TRILLIUM - COFFIN HILL - THOR: GOD OF THUNDER - X-MEN: LEGACY - RED TEAM - SAMURAI JACK - PROPHET - PRETTY DEADLY - ZERO - STARLIGHT - 2000AD - ROGUE TROOPER

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    Milligan's run has developed into something pretty cool, but I'd still rank his run among the "lesser" runs, even with the major event of the wedding to Piffy. For me, it goes Delano,
    Delano's run on Hellblazer can be summed up with two words.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Decay View Post
    Well, that's, like, just your opinion, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Decay View Post
    I have to agree.

That's probably why I think his best Hellblazer story by far is Bad Blood - which abandons all of the flowery seriousness for some good fun.

This probably won't be of much interest to anyone, but here's an odd eBay item currently up for auction:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GRANT-MORR...-/140732302199

A poem about/inspired by Milligan, written by Grant Morrison! Once in a lifetime opportunity! Not that I'll be getting it at that price....!

Quote Originally Posted by byron lomax View Post
    This probably won't be of much interest to anyone, but here's an odd eBay item currently up for auction:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GRANT-MORR...-/140732302199

A poem about/inspired by Milligan, written by Grant Morrison! Once in a lifetime opportunity! Not that I'll be getting it at that price....!
    They were lovers back in early 90s. They even went honeymoon and they were write a book about that: Bizzare Boys, which is never printed.

Quote Originally Posted by goRimbaud! View Post
    They were lovers back in early 90s. They even went honeymoon and they were write a book about that: Bizzare Boys, which is never printed.
    That's not completely true. They were at a comics convention in Barcelona, and came up with the idea for Bizarre Boys, which was supposed to be illustrated by Brendan McCarthy. The lovers part is just speculation on your part.

More human than human. Johnny P. Sartre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    That's not completely true. They were at a comics convention in Barcelona, and came up with the idea for Bizarre Boys, which was supposed to be illustrated by Brendan McCarthy. The lovers part is just speculation on your part.
    Weren't they also at a perverts convention in Barcelona too?
    The 9th Blog
    A Blog made with friends about comics, the 9th art
    Tumblr: Comics! Comics! Comics! ACK!

Quote Originally Posted by Otchofriend View Post
    Weren't they also at a perverts convention in Barcelona too?
    Not that I know of. I do know that Bizarre Boys wasn't mean to be a story of their friendship (let's just leave it at that for the moment), but a take on William S Burroughs' The Wild Boys. Some of the ideas made it into The Invisibles.

Please delete this post, moderator!
    Last edited by Scorpion 76; 04-16-2012 at 09:37 AM. Reason: I posted a reply without quotes.
    http://scorpion76-random.blogspot.com <go there for my bullshit opinions!
    Any support/interest will be much appreciated
    my theme tune-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BwQBjJvN5Y

Quote Originally Posted by T Hedge Coke View Post
    I've never read a Milligan comic and found it horrible. And I've read a few.

Seriously, even his Elektra, which is generally considered to have not been a great idea, even by Milligan, himself, who wrote it to editorial conceit, has a lot to recommend it and remains readable. Lots of "theatre of life" stuff and the first positive male-to-female transitioning and adjacent romance I can think of, the rare for Marvel of the era interracial friends with benefits, too. And, the bits involving Matt were genuine enough, while obviously homage to other things.

But, Face? Eaters? Sooner or Later? Enigma? All amazing.

Hewligan's Haircut? Awesome. His Batman is still excellent. Infinity Inc and his X-Men turn have their flaws, yes, but they remain readable while a lot of contemporaneously published DC or Marvel stuff has clearly seen its last days of relevance.
    Wow! Bix Barton! Haven't thought about that strip in ages! All the surreal imagery and psychedelic colouring by Brendan Mccarthy. A definite classic. It was in 2000ad around the same time as 'Chopper: Song Of The Surfer', 'Slaine: The Horned God' and 'Zenith: Phase III' so I didnt even really bother with it at first, then as I re-read it began to stand out more. Even the Dredd stuff was great around then, too, with the build up to 'Necropolis', which was unfortunately a lot better than that 26 part 'epic' itself.
    I loved Milligan and Dillon's 'Skreemer' mini-series back then, too, but find it a little formulaic now. Perhaps he just dumbed down his style to suit the market too much, or something. I don't think Pete Milligan has been underrated so much as not raved about(and against!!) on the level of Moore, Morrison, Gaiman, et al, which I imagine suits him perfectly. He certainly isn't short of work, and he's having something of a renaissance at DC just now. My first contact with his work was at the tender age of 8, reading 'Bad Company' for the first time and when I think of reading classics like this and 'Halo Jones'(Yes, Tim Callahan it IS a classic!!!!)so young, its unsurprising that I drifted away from the comics scene in about 1995!
    http://scorpion76-random.blogspot.com <go there for my bullshit opinions!
    Any support/interest will be much appreciated
    my theme tune-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BwQBjJvN5Y

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

Has anyone been reading his Stormwatch? What's the consensus?
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!

BANNED

His one issue so far is already the best of the whole series. Definitely have high hopes for his run.