Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    My Opinion > Your Opinion maxpower00044's Avatar

I think the next thing Bat related that I wanna get, is the Gotham Central books. I actually thought I had a brilliant idea, until I found out these books existed.

Picked up Batman Incorporated Volume 1 on FCBD, it's so awesome! Can't wait for more at the end of May!
    DC/Marvel reader. Mostly Superman,Batman,X-Men,Avengers fan...guess I am a fan of most comics.

Just bought Hush

Heck of a read. Downed it in one sitting.
    I knew I'd bury you one day, you sanctimonious, self-righteous pain! -- Lex Luthor

Just got:

-Year One
    -Long Halloween
    -Killing Joke
    -Hush
    -Dark Knight Returns

Never read any of them and I'm looking forward to remedying that real soon.

Im very surprised at the number of people on the forum who have just picked some of the so called "must haves" up. If only I could go back and read them again for the first time, mind you the 2nd and 3rd are not to shabby either. I need to give arkham asylum another read never really enjoyed that the first time round, feel like im missing out and from what others say it deserves a second chance.

Just picked up:

Batman: Contagion
    Batman: Legacy (NM copy)
    Batman: Sword of Azrael
    Batman: Tales of the Demon (the 2005 version)
    Batman vs Bane
    Pull List: None. Moving to trade-waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by hanotsri View Post
    Just picked up:

Batman: Contagion
    Batman: Legacy (NM copy)
    Batman: Sword of Azrael
    Batman: Tales of the Demon (the 2005 version)
    Batman vs Bane
    how much did Legacy cost you?

It was a pretty penny, I bought it for $90 with shipping. It was the cheapest NM copy I had seen though and couldn't pass it up on eBay.

I actually already have a copy of Batman: Legacy in VF condition. However, it's the UK Titan Books edition (same material, just has the Titan Books stamp on it). I'll be letting go of that one shortly.

Doesn't Want To See That! coconutphone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower00044 View Post
    I think the next thing Bat related that I wanna get, is the Gotham Central books. I actually thought I had a brilliant idea, until I found out these books existed.
    Do it! They're fantastic.
    Schmitty's Evil Twin.

+ Batman: Birth of the Demon
    + Batman: Knightfall vol. 1 (New Printing)
    + Bane vs. Batman
    + The Dark Knight Returns

Really looking forward to Birth and Knightfall. When exactly do the Birth stories take place. Haven't started reading yet, so I have no idea if they take place back to back or when exactly they all occur. Knightfall really surprised me on the size, can't wait to break into that one. Bane vs. Batman is strange considering that I don't think Batman is in it. Not sure if I should have purchased it as now I realize Bane's origin is in Knightfall vol. 1, so hopefully Bane of the Demon proves interesting. Also not really too excited to read The Dark Knight Returns. As strange as this may be for you, I didn't LOVE Batman: Year One but thought it was a competent origin story. I didn't hate it, I just didn't particularly enjoy it as much as I thought I would but it may have been hyped too much for me. So I'm a little worried going into another "praised" Frank Miller batman story especially when this one might indulge in more of the things I disliked in Batman: Year One.

Overall I think it was a good pick up. I also got Batman: Arkham Asylum and The Resurrection of Ras Al Ghul. Interested in Asylum and really enjoyed Resurrection when I picked up the issues awhile back, shortly before I left comics for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by hanotsri View Post
    It was a pretty penny, I bought it for $90 with shipping. It was the cheapest NM copy I had seen though and couldn't pass it up on eBay.

I actually already have a copy of Batman: Legacy in VF condition. However, it's the UK Titan Books edition (same material, just has the Titan Books stamp on it). I'll be letting go of that one shortly.
    if i hadn't spent an assload recently i'd take that from you sir, what price range?

Quote Originally Posted by osoito View Post
    Im very surprised at the number of people on the forum who have just picked some of the so called "must haves" up. If only I could go back and read them again for the first time, mind you the 2nd and 3rd are not to shabby either. I need to give arkham asylum another read never really enjoyed that the first time round, feel like im missing out and from what others say it deserves a second chance.
    I gotta compile a list of those must-haves sometime. I only got really serious about collecting last year. My bat-library right now consists of the Loeb/Sale stuff, Year One, Killing Joke, and Hush. Lots of good stuff out there I haven't read yet.

Anyone else pick up the HC for Batman today? I bought #1 back when it came out but this is the first time I've read the rest of them. It was a solid read but I'm glad I stuck with 'Tec as my monthly book. Good timining on DC's part though, now I know what this crossover they've been doing in the other Batbooks I read is all about, heh.
    I knew I'd bury you one day, you sanctimonious, self-righteous pain! -- Lex Luthor

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Picked up Batman Incorporated Volume 1 on FCBD, it's so awesome! Can't wait for more at the end of May!
    haven't read it yet as I was waiting for a trade. It's now sitting on my desk at work in it's envelope, taunting me with it's lovely yet unrevealed goodness..........

Quote Originally Posted by Algus View Post
    I gotta compile a list of those must-haves sometime. I only got really serious about collecting last year. My bat-library right now consists of the Loeb/Sale stuff, Year One, Killing Joke, and Hush. Lots of good stuff out there I haven't read yet.

Anyone else pick up the HC for Batman today? I bought #1 back when it came out but this is the first time I've read the rest of them. It was a solid read but I'm glad I stuck with 'Tec as my monthly book. Good timining on DC's part though, now I know what this crossover they've been doing in the other Batbooks I read is all about, heh.
    got the TPB pre-ordered so will have to wait a week or so for mine

I don't like this "Volume" style TPB collecting. I would much prefer they collect via storyline. I'd like to see an overall "Court of Owls" TPB that includes the side issues.