Page 1 of 43 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Batman Related Trades and Hardcovers You Got recently

What Batman or Batman related trades or hardcovers did you get recently? Discuss them here.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Most recently I picked up Batman and the Monster Men, and received Red Hood: The Lost Days for Christmas. I still haven't read Red Hood, I've heard it's actually pretty bad, so I'm in no rush. I did read Batman and the Monster Men, and it was actually very disappointing. A lot of the writing just felt incredibly hackneyed to me, and the dialogue often fell flat.

i tend to follow creators over specific titles so i was only picking up morrison-related bat books for awhile there, but due to much acclaim on this very forum i picked up snyder's "the black mirror" and loved it.

also, you know how it always gets awkward when someone blurts out they've never seen a movie like the godfather, or star wars? i mean, you wonder how they've gone through life without ever seeing such mandatory works of art/pop fiction? yeah. i had never read frank miller's "year one" until last weekend. thought it was superb.

Quote Originally Posted by csis View Post
    Most recently I picked up Batman and the Monster Men, and received Red Hood: The Lost Days for Christmas. I still haven't read Red Hood, I've heard it's actually pretty bad, so I'm in no rush. I did read Batman and the Monster Men, and it was actually very disappointing. A lot of the writing just felt incredibly hackneyed to me, and the dialogue often fell flat.
    Really? I was planning on picking it up soon. I guess thats some money saved.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Quote Originally Posted by gryhpon View Post
    Really? I was planning on picking it up soon. I guess thats some money saved.
    I should add that I think Monster Men is a popular book, and is generally considered positively. I just didn't like it. It had one or two enjoyable moments, but on the whole I found it disappointing. It's possible that I've come to expect too much, though.

Got The Black Mirror, Resurrection of Ra's and RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by skylight View Post
    Got The Black Mirror, Resurrection of Ra's and RIP.

Unfortunately, all the multiple writers/artists for Resurrection of Ra's al Ghul made it a bit uneven for me.

Picked up Tower of Babel the other day, I've read previously but I really like so on a whim I picked it up.

I kinda want to pick up black mirror in tpb but i have the issues so i think i'll wait it out a bit.

Black Mirror, JLA Vol 1 and JLA Earth 2 for me
    "Criminals are a cowardly, superstitious lot." - Dick Grayson
    "That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard." - Damian Wayne

I got Dark Knight Returns and Year One (turtleback library binding not sure if you guys count it as hardcover) and I'm waiting for Amazon to stock Black Mirror again so they can send it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by csis View Post
    I did read Batman and the Monster Men, and it was actually very disappointing. A lot of the writing just felt incredibly hackneyed to me, and the dialogue often fell flat.
    I read it a while back, it wasn't terrible but overall found it kind of forgettable. It's sequel Batman and The Mad Monk, I enjoyed a bit more.

Recently for Christmas I got Batman: Dark Victory, Batman: Snow, Gotham Central: In the Lind of Duty, The Darkness/Batman crossover.

I've been wanting to read Dark Victory since like, forever. But it was somewhat disappointing, not bad, but not great really. I've yet to read Snow, and I'm only a little bit into Gotham Central bit it's great so far. The Darkness/Batman crossover is really good for what it is, and anyone interested in crossovers I'd recommend finding a copy.

Just bought and currently reading the tpb of Matt Wagner's Trinity.

Quote Originally Posted by stefan850 View Post
    waiting for Amazon to stock Black Mirror again so they can send it to me.
    Same it said it was in stock when I ordered but then they ran out so I'm stuck waiting.

I also got Batwoman: Elegy and Absolute Batman: Hush for myself for Christmas.

I recently got the Batman: Noel HC. Really nice art and enjoyable story.

Quote Originally Posted by hegotmuddywater View Post
    Same it said it was in stock when I ordered but then they ran out so I'm stuck waiting.

I also got Batwoman: Elegy and Absolute Batman: Hush for myself for Christmas.
    I absolutely loved Batwoman: Elegy and got my wife to read it. She really liked it and went on a Batman kick because of it.

Unfortunately, I didn't have a lot of Batman trades or hardcovers so she didn't get to read much. I did get Bryan Q. Miller's Batgirl trades, and she really liked them.

Fortunatly, because she knew I didn't have many Batman trades or hardcovers, she got me Hush and Arkham Asylum for Christmas. Also, my mother got me a couple of Red Robin trades for Christmas thanks to my wife.