Page 62 of 64 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364 LastLast

Thread: Marvel Females

Quote Originally Posted by J/O/J/O View Post
    Red She-Hulk's first issue was awesome although it didnt focus on the personal aspect of Betty's life at all.It was basically just her kicking ass and I loved it.Still hope we get some insight into the character ASAP.

Love FF's cast and not only is it full of females but it also makes since considering the ties Jen and Medusa have to the F4(I'm sure if Johnny had seriously picked his choice would have been Spidey).Spiral looks cool on X-Force but other than that I'm not interested until Bishop joins.

JIM's art really looks good and will gladly check it out.

Over at the Ultimate U. Kitty Pryde is becoming a fan fave now that she has obtain an army of mutants that Xavier and Mags could only dream of having.Really she's the face of mutantkind now.Also Humpries is setting up Black Widow to be a major player in the ultimates.

I'm not interested in Captain Marvel but hopefully Carol can maintain the name for a long time to come.
    I forgot about Ultimate Kitty Pryde! I hear she has quite a big role in that book.
    Nanny: The True Phoenix Egg

Indestructible Finger Test of Strength's Avatar

So was Fearless Defenders the book Marvel was referring to when it comes to that female book that will make top 10?

Quote Originally Posted by Test of Strength View Post
    So was Fearless Defenders the book Marvel was referring to when it comes to that female book that will make top 10?
    I believe so! What do you think?

Didn't they say there were TWO books for females being released?

I believe another solo series or two will be announced.

I will definitely give Fearless Defenders a try.

BANNED

I know I'm saying this a lot, but be sure to preorder Fearless Defenders if you're interested in getting it.

I am interested in why editorial believes this will be a top 10 title. I don't meant that as sarcasm either! Regardless, I will support it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MuhollandDriver View Post
    I am interested in why editorial believes this will be a top 10 title. I don't meant that as sarcasm either! Regardless, I will support it.
    Because it's an all female team we've been clamoring for!

I think they're hoping that an all-female title will automatically sell like hot cakes since this sort of book has been requested for a long time. Time will tell; I hope it sells well, but I have my doubts about it being top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by TsaiMeLemoni View Post
    I think they're hoping that an all-female title will automatically sell like hot cakes since this sort of book has been requested for a long time. Time will tell; I hope it sells well, but I have my doubts about it being top 10.
    I agree. I hope it sells well also! I think we will have to know more about the team and the concept.

Sales for October should be released soon! I wonder how Red She-Hulk did. Hopefully Captain Marvel evened out!

Yes Fearless Defenders sounds and looks amazing and I am hyped for it and I really,really hope it sells and Marvel promotes it alot.Stil',hope it fares better than the last Defenders volume which had an A-List creative team and Fan-Favorite characters but still sold poorly.Hopefully both Marvel and fans embrace this title.Also hope Mr. Bunn delivers the goods.

I believe so! What do you think?
    Doesn't feel like its the book they are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    I know I'm saying this a lot, but be sure to preorder Fearless Defenders if you're interested in getting it.
    Smdh

Quote Originally Posted by TsaiMeLemoni View Post
    I'm having trouble seeing that because you would think their more popular female characters would get the immediate focus. I don't want to discredit Val and Misty but yeah, I guess I'll see.

I don't think FD will even hit top 30, and that's 4 months into the relaunch.

While the artist chosen isn't bad, if they really wanted to get that big push they had other choices on deck. Somebody mentioned David Lopez. Very talented artist. He's got that ability to capture emotion and consistently draws a variety of body types and faces, unlike a lot of other artist who just change hairstyles and eye color.

They still haven't announced Coipel for anything at all which is incredibly shocking considering he's one of Marvel's biggest guns.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

What if Marvel has another Avengers book planned and it'll star mostly female characters while slapping the Avengers title over it. That could be a possibility while it also being the Top 10 they were talking about. Plus you'll have a different team from Fearless Defenders. Good for tie-ins and all that.

Maybe even the bigger names will work on that book with Copiel being one of them.

The Slender Man vampiric_cannibal's Avatar

Fearless Defenders has a bad title. And I don't know anything about the writer or 2 main characters.

This is going to be an interesting experience for me.
    I would like to say for the record that this is the FIRST TIME I've withheld dong when someone was so desperately asking for some.
    Brian C Wood