View Poll Results: Do you want this solution to OMD

Voters
46. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes

7 15.22%
  • No

29 63.04%
  • Maybe

10 21.74%
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    Well, exept Peter taking the deal, Mephisto even offering the deal, Doc Strange being unable to heam May...

I like how DC tends to deal with these things a lot more.
    "We're doing a reboot. Superman and Lois are now about 10 years younger and not married. Because we think that works better for the characters. Deal with it."
    Agreed. Though DC had the luxury of rebooting everything, Marvel only wanted to do Spider-Man.

OMIT was a lot worse than OMD though.

Quote Originally Posted by Russell View Post
    Agreed. Though DC had the luxury of rebooting everything, Marvel only wanted to do Spider-Man.

Marvel also has that luxury. They just chose not to do it.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Quote Originally Posted by Russell View Post

Maybe I don't pay enough attention to DC, but it doesn't seem like undoing Supes' marriage caused anywhere near the outrage of OMD.

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    Well, exept Peter taking the deal, Mephisto even offering the deal, Doc Strange being unable to heam May...

I like how DC tends to deal with these things a lot more.
    "We're doing a reboot. Superman and Lois are now about 10 years younger and not married. Because we think that works better for the characters. Deal with it."
    I can see Pete taking the deal. Plays into the whole sins of the past obsession/guilt over what's lost or will be lost as opposed to looking ahead. I don't know Mephisto well enough to judge his motivations, but for Doc I would say that's not really a character related issue, rather PIS.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    Maybe I don't pay enough attention to DC, but it doesn't seem like undoing Supes' marriage caused anywhere near the outrage of OMD.
    It didn't. There are a few reasons for that.

Superman wasn't involved in the decisions to change history, so while the character had less agency, which is usually a bad thing, in a work of fiction, it meant that the character couldn't be blamed for the decision.

Flashpoint was ultimately an unconventional Batman/ Flash team-up in which Barry Allen was able to undo a mistake he had made while changing history. So the central story was intrinsically appealing to DC fans. And the changes to the New 52 occurred as a result of a decision that's more acceptable to readers than a story in which a hero isn't unable to undo a bad decision.

The previous few years of Superman comics hadn't been that good. You had the World of Krypton mini-series followed by JMS's walkabout arc. Compare that to the Spider-Man comics, where the Back in Black arc gave Amazing Spider-Man the best sales of JMS's tenure on the title. Most readers were happy to trade that for Grant Morrison on Action Comics.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Quote Originally Posted by tv horror View Post
    Consider the moral code of Peter, first you have the great responsibility that comes from his power, but above that imagine how his aunt would feel learning of the OMD deal. She would be devastated that she caused the loss of both the marriage and baby May to happen so that she could live. Peter's ideals would mean nothing, I say leave OMD in the past, mistakes happen. It seems to me that from issue 1 to say 300 should remain canon and everything after scraped. Before the hate emails this is only my opinion, but it did lose its way after this point.
    Well in fairness just because they aren't married that doesn't mean they can't have a baby.

Quote Originally Posted by The Angry Comic Book Critic View Post
    Well in fairness just because they aren't married that doesn't mean they can't have a baby.
    I agree. The Baby thing was just laziness from Marvel. You don't need to be married to have a child.

The only good solution to OMD is to forget it.

Quote Originally Posted by Addams View Post
    The only good solution to OMD is to forget it.
    Easier said than done unfortunately for me considering it's #1 on my top 5 worst comics stories of all time list.

Quote Originally Posted by The Angry Comic Book Critic View Post
    Easier said than done unfortunately for me considering it's #1 on my top 5 worst comics stories of all time list.
    It's pretty high on my list too, only I have the good sense not to spend time worrying about a crappy comic book made 5 years ago, especially when there's been so many good Spidey stories since in the HUNDREDS of issues that followed.

I like "One More Day" it should be left as it is

A blogger had an interesting idea: Reveal that all the changes are part of a deal Mephisto made with Norman Osborn.

http://fanfix.wordpress.com/2012/12/...-one-more-day/

It's more effective than the average solution to make OMD critics happy/ neutral.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    A blogger had an interesting idea: Reveal that all the changes are part of a deal Mephisto made with Norman Osborn.

http://fanfix.wordpress.com/2012/12/...-one-more-day/

It's more effective than the average solution to make OMD critics happy/ neutral.
    why can't we have a story where evil wins? That solution is horrible

I find it incredible that people only reach the bargaining stage 5 years later.

Quote Originally Posted by Leocomix View Post
    I find it incredible that people only reach the bargaining stage 5 years later.
    Like how Spidey bargained with Mephisto, m I rite?