Page 87 of 192 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137187 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 2870
    Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

MJ has pretty good reason to be angry with Peter in the second film. She doesn't know he's Spider-Man. He told her friendship was all he had to give, and suddenly he wants something more but he can't even make it to her play on time.
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    SM2 is unquestionably the best. It's firing on all cylinders, because not only do you have a really cool sympathetic villain in Doc Ock, but you've got Pete wrestling with whether he wants to be Spider-Man,
    Oh no, no no no no no, just no. The idea is silly in a 60s comic, but even that issue handled it FAAAAR better than SM2 did, it was just in his effing head, he didn't really lose his powers
    In SM2 they did it all wrong, what they did is equal to some guy losing his ability to walk cause he sulks too much, it's that stupid, and they dragged it for 32 minutes. I'll make a play of it right here, and you play Moonlight Sonata reading it, then tell me if nothing is wrong with that:
    Act 1:
    "Sniff sniff, I felt weak in my legs cause I didn't want to go to college, I was expelled and I don't want to tell my mother, I felt too tired, but eventually I was able to walk to the bus station, and head somewhere else pretending I go to wait for the bus, but then go to a job I secretly have and sulk there all day cause my boss doesn't have a solid thought and shouts at me too much.
    What should I do? What should I do? Oh I know, I should read my mother some poetry in love of her cause it's Mother's Day, I'll head to the library to memorize some"

ACT 2:
    "Oh no, my mother is pissed at me for some reason, and it's Mother's Day, I try to read poetry showing my love for her as the woman who raised me, but she shushes me in tears. Thinking to myself: "Mother oh mother, you so ticked cause I was detained from buying peas from the grocery store, how can I tell thee I was detained cause the last can of peas was taken before I reach it? I can't tell you the shop didn't have more peas to replace that box with, and I couldn't go to the shop next door though it was open cause I was so sorrowful for my life". Mother turned her back on me and walked away ticked"

ACT 3:
    "I walk up to my room in all sorrow, sad cause when I was in college I kept walking to girls dorm rooms to have random sex, and I have no dorm room of my own, can't say I had no study done cause of my leg powers, oh sad is moi." Suddenly, the guy falls and is crippled "I can't walk, I can't walk. I stand with my back on a trash can, I read a paper with my gloves on, then I see my hands with my gloves off, but then you see my face with gloves still on, I have sighting issues again, and that I notice as my back is on the trash can, but I go all the way home and change my clothes to sit on my bed and see I'm near sighted again, but can't notice it all the way home. Ooopsh, I forgot, I'm crippled cause my mother is sad of me"

ACT 4:
    "Something makes me angry, I CAN WALK AGAIN. I walk, I get back to college, my mother is happy and knows now how I wasn't expelled when I was expelled, she is proud of me cause I happen to be top of my class. No more random sex, HAA HAA HAA, no more random sex"

The end.
    And that is basically the AAH-MMAAAIII-ZIINNG story of Peter Parker in Spider-Man 2 and I see many praise about him losing his powers for oh so "VERY-WELL-CONCEIVED" reasons :S. It's sooooooo effing STUPID. Don't debate me, I'm not changing my mind, what's dumber than continuity errors in Spider-Man 3 is terribly stupid, it's more stupid moldy cheese and stinking poop mixed together
    Blogger

I am obsessed with the idea of completely erasing Spider-Man from every Marvel continuity

I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar

The reason MJ was so pissed at Peter for missing her play while everyone else made it is pretty simple. She's used to the people in her life disappointing her (her family, Flash, Harry). She's really just lashing out at everyone through Peter for disappointing her even after everyone else made it to see her play.

(It makes her an incredibly flawed individual. But also very human. She isn't perfect.)
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    MJ has pretty good reason to be angry with Peter in the second film. She doesn't know he's Spider-Man. He told her friendship was all he had to give, and suddenly he wants something more but he can't even make it to her play on time.
    What?
    Oh hey, I don't know you were late from class cause of long traffic anyone can suffer from any day and it's publicly know, so she equally can't forgive Peter for what ever possibility that he might have been late for and missed her show......

Stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid reason for her to be angry, the stupidiest reason for anyone to get angry, too fragile, too terrible, too unexcusable, it's easy to think of with so much mess in Manhattan, but oh so easily forgiven here

GRRRRRRRRRRR

Anyone can get angry as her on something ridiculous, but it's easy to forgive, so I forgive, anyone can, her personality is of that kind, and people justify that?
    Not accepting that $#%^ is over the top drama
    Blogger

I am obsessed with the idea of completely erasing Spider-Man from every Marvel continuity

A person known for unreliability isn't going to get the benefit of the doubt. Its actually fairly reasonable as well if you don't he is SM. Also I am confused that someone whose favorite is the third one is using excessive campyness against the second one. Though they were all kind of bad though.

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz Abbasi View Post

I love this image
    From Spawn #10
    Because of a gentleman's agreement with writer Dave Sim, it was 15 years before that issue would be reprinted, with Sim's blessing.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=24060
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Because of a gentleman's agreement with writer Dave Sim, it was 15 years before that issue would be reprinted, with Sim's blessing.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=24060
    The trade Hlary Goldstein from IGN read is kinda old then (don't remember what year it was published in), he said due to creative issues and lawsuits issues 9 & 10 weren't reprinted in that trade
    Blogger

I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar

That Spawn image always makes me laugh. Mostly because of the problems between Todd McFarlane and Neil Gaiman.
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by charlesthehammer View Post
    A person known for unreliability isn't going to get the benefit of the doubt. Its actually fairly reasonable as well if you don't he is SM. Also I am confused that someone whose favorite is the third one is using excessive campyness against the second one. Though they were all kind of bad though.
    That was still too fragile, how about giving him a second chance like the MTV cartoon? He wasn't all that unreliable in the first movie, it was clear he made some time to see her, so this here, is continuity error in SM2 you just aided me to find
    You said "kind of bad", and I agree on that, cause it doesn't necessarily clears "It's bad", rather forgettable
    I said why SM2 is weaker, stop being weirded
    Blogger

My issues with the Spider-Man movies:

SM1 - Green goblin look, the New York rah rah stuff.
    SM2 - Not much, minor stuff
    SM3 - Basically the Sandman story.

Still enjoyed them all. The dance sequence in SM3 isn't any worse than alot of moments in SM1, like "Finish it!! Finnnnisssshh it!!!!" or "Itsy bitsy spider", etc.
    Perfect humility dispenses with modesty.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post

Still enjoyed them all. The dance sequence in SM3 isn't any worse than alot of moments in SM1, like "Finish it!! Finnnnisssshh it!!!!" or "Itsy bitsy spider", etc.
    Pretty much agreed on all counts.

The dance scene in the club is fine; it really drives home how much of a #$% Peter is at this point.

The Sandman story dilutes the Peter/Harry conflict, and leads to something that's unsatisfactory after a three film buildup.
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Mostly agreed. Except the dance scene was really cringe-worthy. I would also say that not only did the Sandman story dilute the Pete/Harry story but it reduced the Venom story (arguably the best part of 3) to a mere footnote.
    "What oldschool said"
    The Shadow, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    Mostly agreed. Except the dance scene was really cringe-worthy. I would also say that not only did the Sandman story dilute the Pete/Harry story but it reduced the Venom story (arguably the best part of 3) to a mere footnote.
    Honestly, SM3 should have been devoted entirely to Harry Osborn, with an Eddie Brock subplot leading into a fourth film.

Thing is for me, I liked alot of the Sandman story in SM3. It just did not pay off well when all was said and done, and so was not worth all the screentime it got as a result. Some tweaks to it and it would have worked.
    Perfect humility dispenses with modesty.

Thing is for me, I liked alot of the Sandman story in SM3. It just did not pay off well when all was said and done, and so was not worth all the screentime it got as a result. Some tweaks to it and it would have worked.
    The main problem is that we'd been building to the inevitable confrontation with Harry for two films, and the whole thing got squeezed out by competing plotlines.