Page 29 of 191 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by One More Day View Post
    Stunning! Cundiff missed a 32 yarder, sending the Patriots and Tom Brady to his 5th Super Bowl (tied with Elway for most all time amongst starting quarterbacks)
    i hate my life
    Ready for the return of the one and only Spider-Man!!

So I ended up passing on ASM # 13. It had smiley faces drawn on the cover, but I did grab #s 18 & 19. 18 issues to go!
    "Women... they come and go, but the Jonah is eternal." - ViewtifulJC

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Nichols View Post
    So I ended up passing on ASM # 13. It had smiley faces drawn on the cover, but I did grab #s 18 & 19. 18 issues to go!
    Why would anyone draw on a comic

I am assuming this was a LCS purchase and not online?

Quote Originally Posted by John Zaleski View Post
    i hate my life
    How come? If the Patriots can beat the Giants (not likely), Tom Brady will win his 4th Super Bowl, tying him for the most all-time with Joe Montana and Terry Bradshaw. Regardless of the outcome, he's a living legend!

How come? If the Patriots can beat the Giants (not likely), Tom Brady will win his 4th Super Bowl, tying him for the most all-time with Joe Montana and Terry Bradshaw. Regardless of the outcome, he's a living legend!
    I'm a ravens fan. thats why lol. Lee Evans and Cundiff ruined my day. I'm at least happy a good team is coming from the AFC side of things though.
    Ready for the return of the one and only Spider-Man!!

Why would anyone draw on a comic

I am assuming this was a LCS purchase and not online?
    It's not uncommon. Most of these older issues were originally sold to young kids. They weren't meant to be collectibles. When I was a kid, I used to draw in the gutters of the pages. I would try to continue the drawings from the panels so they would fill up the whole page. Kids are stupid.

It's not uncommon. Most of these older issues were originally sold to young kids. They weren't meant to be collectibles. When I was a kid, I used to draw in the gutters of the pages. I would try to continue the drawings from the panels so they would fill up the whole page. Kids are stupid.
    If you don't mind me asking, how much were the issues? ASM 13, 18 and 19?

I'm a ravens fan. thats why lol. Lee Evans and Cundiff ruined my day. I'm at least happy a good team is coming from the AFC side of things though.
    Oh that sucks. But it was inevitable, the Ravens just can't seem to win the big game since the greatest defense of the modern era (2000 Ravens). They've probably gone as far as they can under Harbaugh and Flacco. They need to fire them both.

Patriots have serious flaws, but it wouldn't have mattered if the Steelers or Ravens or Patriots made it to the Super Bowl. I expect the Giants to destroy the Patriots by at least 3 touchdowns. This Giants team is probably the greatest team in NFL history and Eli Manning if he wins this Super Bowl will go down as the greatest and most clutch QB of all time.

If you don't mind me asking, how much were the issues? ASM 13, 18 and 19?
    The # 13 was only $200. Probably because of the drawing on it. # 18 cost me $75.00 and # 19 cost $150.00. Pretty nice condition on both of them. I'm no expert, but I would say the 18 is about a 6.0 and the 19 is around 6.5-7.0.

The # 13 was only $200. Probably because of the drawing on it. # 18 cost me $75.00 and # 19 cost $150.00. Pretty nice condition on both of them. I'm no expert, but I would say the 18 is about a 6.0 and the 19 is around 6.5-7.0.
    Is it better to buy graded? I find prices are all over the place for old silver age comics.

Is the 19 more expensive than the 18 due to condition?

Super Bowl XLVI is upon us! Now that we know the participants, any predictions? Here's mine:

Winner: New York Giants
    Score: 45 - 17
    MVP: Eli Manning

Is it better to buy graded? I find prices are all over the place for old silver age comics.

Is the 19 more expensive than the 18 due to condition?
    Some like graded, some don't. I'm just working on finishing my collection right now, then I'll think about grading some issues. And yes, 19 was in better shape than 18, but they're both solid books. They present very well. I'll post pictures when I get home later.

This Giants team is probably the greatest team in NFL history and Eli Manning if he wins this Super Bowl will go down as the greatest and most clutch QB of all time.
    You can't really believe this. This team wouldn't most peoples top 30 list. I can think of plenty of teams off hand that are better than this team. 85 Bears. 84-89 49ers. 96 Packers. 98 Vikings. 2007 Pats. 2004 Pats. 98 Broncos. 2001 Rams. 66 Packers. 59 Colts. 92 Cowboys. 79 Steelers etc etc etc etc Not to mention about 30 QBs I would rather have than Eli. Starting with his brother.
    Why should I want to make anything up? Life's bad enough as it is without trying to invent any more of it.

"First you take a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes you."

Quote Originally Posted by Schmed View Post
    You can't really believe this. This team wouldn't most peoples top 30 list. I can think of plenty of teams off hand that are better than this team. 85 Bears. 84 49ers. 96 Packers. 98 Vikings. 2007 Pats. 2004 Pats. 98 Broncos. 2001 Rams. 66 Packers. 59 Colts. 92 Cowboys. 79 Steelers etc etc etc etc Not to mention about 30 QBs I would rather have than Eli. Starting with his brother.
    He's not serious, he's just trolling. Like when he says that the Ravens need to fire a coach and a quarterback who have consistently taken them to the playoffs.

i hate my life
    Well you should.
    And I hope when you think of me years down the line
    You can't find one good thing to say.
    And I hope that if I found the strength to walk out
    You'd stay the hell out of my way.

Oh that sucks. But it was inevitable, the Ravens just can't seem to win the big game since the greatest defense of the modern era (2000 Ravens). They've probably gone as far as they can under Harbaugh and Flacco. They need to fire them both.

Patriots have serious flaws, but it wouldn't have mattered if the Steelers or Ravens or Patriots made it to the Super Bowl. I expect the Giants to destroy the Patriots by at least 3 touchdowns. This Giants team is probably the greatest team in NFL history and Eli Manning if he wins this Super Bowl will go down as the greatest and most clutch QB of all time.
    There is a lot to laugh about in this post, but the funniest thing to me is that even if Tom Brady loses, he will go down as one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time.

To the rest of it, PSHAW! What Schmitty said. The Steelers alone have had more talented teams then the Giants have ever had. So have the Packers. And the Cowboys. And probably the 49ers.