Page 129 of 191 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 2863

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    With Nicolas Cage as Kal El trying to stop them. "Aw come on guys, stop hitting each other now!"
    This will be awesome
    Blogger

I am obsessed with the idea of completely erasing Spider-Man from every Marvel continuity

Congrats Ravens!!!!
    Be careful when speaking. You create the world around you with your words.

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

Man, the lights going out really killed the Ravens' momentum and turned it into a legitimate game.

On another front, the commercials sucked this year.
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Man, the lights going out really killed the Ravens' momentum and turned it into a legitimate game.
    Yeah, that was fortuitous for the 49ers. I think they'd have been blown out if it wasn't for that power outage.

On another front, the commercials sucked this year.
    Yeah, I agree. It's been a long while since I thought the SuperBowl ads were very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Thompson View Post
    Yeah, that was fortuitous for the 49ers. I think they'd have been blown out if it wasn't for that power outage.
    And fortunate for fans! Because as much as you want your team to win, a lackluster Super Bowl is a real downer.

Yeah, I agree. It's been a long while since I thought the SuperBowl ads were very good.
    It really has.

And godaddy.com hit a new low this year with their nerd sucking supermodel face ad. Thanks for making the SuperBowl not only an uncomfortable experience for families everywhere, but really gross, too.

The Iron Man spot was a huge disappointment: what felt like a five second ad telling us we can see the whole thing on Facebook.

Because after loading up on wings, nachos, and beer, everyone wants to rush to their computer so they can see the last half of that ad!
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    And fortunate for fans! Because as much as you want your team to win, a lackluster Super Bowl is a real downer.
    Well, I personally would have been okay with a Ravens blowout victory.

It really has.

And godaddy.com hit a new low this year with their nerd sucking supermodel face ad. Thanks for making the SuperBowl not only an uncomfortable experience for families everywhere, but really gross, too.

The Iron Man spot was a huge disappointment: what felt like a five second ad telling us we can see the whole thing on Facebook.

Because after loading up on wings, nachos, and beer, everyone wants to rush to their computer so they can see the last half of that ad!
    That GoDaddy ad was horrid. I'm sure someone was amused by it, but I wasn't that fellow.

Well, I personally would have been okay with a Ravens blowout victory.
    Maybe it's because I just wasn't that invested in the outcome, but blowouts tend to be boring. It's great to see your team seal the deal in no uncertain terms, but the experience itself falls kind of flat.

That GoDaddy ad was horrid. I'm sure someone was amused by it, but I wasn't that fellow.
    I'm sure the nerd got a real kick out of it! So that makes one.

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

My friend's roommate bet 500 bucks on the Ravens at the beginning of the season at something like 28-1 odds, and ended up winning 10k last night when it was all said and done.

I need to start a gambling problem.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    My friend's roommate bet 500 bucks on the Ravens at the beginning of the season at something like 28-1 odds, and ended up winning 10k last night when it was all said and done.

I need to start a gambling problem.
    Not a bad bet! The Ravens were a solid pre-season pick this year, I think. They really should have been in the SuperBowl the year before, too.

So, Community, that was okay. Slightly worried about future episodes though.

I've been wondering about how series have handled departures of showrunners/ writers, and it seems to me that there are often two problems.

The characters are no longer as nuanced as before.

The new writers are sometimes afraid of doing anything new. So it's just variations of what we've seen before.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    So, Community, that was okay. Slightly worried about future episodes though.

I've been wondering about how series have handled departures of showrunners/ writers, and it seems to me that there are often two problems.

The characters are no longer as nuanced as before.

The new writers are sometimes afraid of doing anything new. So it's just variations of what we've seen before.
    Lot o' that going around.

I saw a few episodes of community, did not like it, thought it's very distasteful
    That a-hole ex-lawyer now law student is a boring character, I want to kick him every time I see him on screen
    Blogger

I am obsessed with the idea of completely erasing Spider-Man from every Marvel continuity

Lot o' that going around.
    You tried reading DC's New 52 garbage too I see.
    Why should I want to make anything up? Life's bad enough as it is without trying to invent any more of it.

"First you take a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes you."

Quote Originally Posted by Schmed View Post
    You tried reading DC's New 52 garbage too I see.
    Actually, I'm really, really enjoying the stuff DC is putting out.