Page 125 of 191 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 2865

Quote Originally Posted by One More Day View Post
    Eli Manning won two Super Bowls against the Cheatriots, on last minute legendary drives

He's also a giant killer, having taken down the 18-0 Cheatriots and the 15-1 Packers
    I loved that the Giants beat the Patriots. And I am an AFC man! But, you know, its the Patriots.

Phil Simms also led the Giants to two super bowls, and he did it with lesser WRs and a lesser O-line. Simms got sacked like crazy during his tenure, but still was consistent as hell and passed with incredible accuracy. Manning has been less consistent and he is surrounded by better talent.

We will be better able to answer the question once Manning hangs up his cleats.

(And incidentally the 18-0 Cheatriots were over-rated.)
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 01-10-2013 at 11:58 AM.
    Perfect humility dispenses with modesty.

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Good lord I hope so. I still marvel that Steven Tyler managed to spawn a beauty like that. And hope it doesn't mean that deep down I find Steven Tyler to be attractive!
    I think you're okay...but you probably shouldn't be drinking heavily at bars Steven's been known to frequent anytime soon.
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Wow. The Ravens just stunned the Broncos. One of the biggest upsets in NFL history. Peyton chokes again

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I loved that the Giants beat the Patriots. And I am an AFC man! But, you know, its the Patriots.

Phil Simms also led the Giants to two super bowls, and he did it with lesser WRs and a lesser O-line. Simms got sacked like crazy during his tenure, but still was consistent as hell and passed with incredible accuracy. Manning has been less consistent and he is surrounded by better talent.

We will be better able to answer the question once Manning hangs up his cleats.

(And incidentally the 18-0 Cheatriots were over-rated.)
    Phil Simms was hurt before their playoff run in 1990. Jeff Hostetler started and won all their playoff games and the Superbowl. It remains: Eli Manning, greatest postseason QB ever and a legend amongst legends.

RIP Packers' 2012-2013 season

Quote Originally Posted by ViewtifulJC View Post
    RIP Packers' 2012-2013 season
    Oh, well. Never mind, Schmitty...there's always next year!
    R.I.P. Don't pee in the (Dead)pool, November 2007 - January 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Cook View Post
    This means war
    No Taco or Chimichunga for you
    Blogger

I am obsessed with the idea of completely erasing Spider-Man from every Marvel continuity

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz Abbasi View Post
    This means war
    No Taco or Chimichunga for you
    War? It's good for absolutely nothin'...

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Cook View Post
    War? It's good for absolutely nothin'...
    I wish certain governments take this logic to heart
    Blogger

I am obsessed with the idea of completely erasing Spider-Man from every Marvel continuity

I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar

Caught up on Netflix's It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia.

The last episodes they have streaming are the High School Reunion episodes.

All I can say is...

Schmitty, how could you?!
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

I think I've said this before, but...man, I love the Bourne trilogy. Looks fantastic on Blu-Ray!
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz Abbasi View Post
    I wish certain governments take this logic to heart
    Me too. Make them easier to take over.
    Be careful when speaking. You create the world around you with your words.

Eli Manning won two Super Bowls against the Cheatriots, on last minute legendary drives

He's also a giant killer, having taken down the 18-0 Cheatriots and the 15-1 Packers
    Lets not forget, he also lost to the 15-1 Packers that year, and lost to the 18-0 Patriots THAT year also. Eli Manning wouldn't make most peoples (that know anything about sports at any rate) Top 10 list of all time QBs, probably not most peoples Top 20 or 30 lists to be honest. He was one fluke catch away from not winning the Superbowl first time around against the Pats.
    Why should I want to make anything up? Life's bad enough as it is without trying to invent any more of it.

"First you take a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes you."

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Thompson View Post
    Me too. Make them easier to take over.
    There is that to consider!

Phil Simms was hurt before their playoff run in 1990. Jeff Hostetler started and won all their playoff games and the Superbowl. It remains: Eli Manning, greatest postseason QB ever and a legend amongst legends.
    Just off hand, better postseason QBs than Manning:

Joe Montana
    Tom Brady
    John Elway
    Terry Bradshaw
    Steve Young
    Bart Starr
    Johnny Unitas
    Otto Graham
    Roger Staubach

And I am sure there are many others before one would get to Eli Manning or Phil Simms.
    Perfect humility dispenses with modesty.