Page 122 of 191 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 2863
  1. #1816
    Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    13,412

    Default

    Well the post office did re-deliver the submission! So good news there going into the weekend.

    On another front...man, Person of Interest is the best thing on network television right now!
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

  2. #1817
    Senior Member oldschool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    10,557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Well the post office did re-deliver the submission! So good news there going into the weekend.

    On another front...man, Person of Interest is the best thing on network television right now!
    Yeah, solid show! I don't watch a ton of TV but for me "Homeland" and "The Walking Dead" are the 2 best shows around (both cable, of course) and then I would say "Person of Interest" and "Revolution" are tied for the best network shows IMO.
    "What oldschool said"
    The Shadow, 2008

  3. #1818
    Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    13,412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    Yeah, solid show! I don't watch a ton of TV but for me "Homeland" and "The Walking Dead" are the 2 best shows around (both cable, of course) and then I would say "Person of Interest" and "Revolution" are tied for the best network shows IMO.
    There's a problem with your logic.

    Only one of those shows feature Jesus kicking butt in a suit!

    PoI...best show on television right now! Period. Don't wait for the Second Coming of Caviezel to get on board.
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

  4. #1819
    Daft Member Karl Cook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Here, there and everywhere.
    Posts
    12,896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    Yeah, solid show! I don't watch a ton of TV but for me "Homeland" and "The Walking Dead" are the 2 best shows around (both cable, of course) and then I would say "Person of Interest" and "Revolution" are tied for the best network shows IMO.
    Revolution aside, your choices are all solid. I can't really comment on Revolution, though; it hasn't aired over here yet and, to be honest, I find the premise to be a bit daft.
    I don't know if I'd honestly give it a go when it is shown over here.
    R.I.P. Don't pee in the (Dead)pool, November 2007 - January 2013

  5. #1820
    Daft Member Karl Cook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Here, there and everywhere.
    Posts
    12,896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    There's a problem with your logic.

    Only one of those shows feature Jesus kicking butt in a suit!

    PoI...best show on television right now! Period. Don't wait for the Second Coming of Caviezel to get on board.
    Sherlock and Justified slightly edge-out Person Of Interest in terms of my own personal preferences. However, that's not a bad thing.
    I only watch about a dozen tv shows, full-stop. So, the fact that Person Of Interest is on my 'must-see' list speaks volumes.
    R.I.P. Don't pee in the (Dead)pool, November 2007 - January 2013

  6. #1821
    I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    California
    Posts
    10,853

    Default

    I finally beat Paper Mario: Sticker Star.

    Even by the standards of the Mario series, the Paper Mario games are strange. Sticker Star might be both the oddest and most normal of the entire Paper series.

    Also, unless you use some specific jump stickers, you can't use your jump attack on Bowser during the final battle. This can be really frustrating since it's a five round battle that can take about half an hour to complete even when you know what you're doing.

    (SCREW YOU, BOWSER!)
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

    My Facebook page

  7. #1822
    Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    13,412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Don't pee in the (Dead)pool View Post
    Sherlock and Justified slightly edge-out Person Of Interest in terms of my own personal preferences. However, that's not a bad thing.
    I only watch about a dozen tv shows, full-stop. So, the fact that Person Of Interest is on my 'must-see' list speaks volumes.
    I have yet to see Sherlock or Justified.

    Sorry that PoI hasn't reached your side of the pond yet! It's picking up momentum here though. The entire CBS Thursday lineup had its biggest ratings ever last night.
    Last edited by David Walton; 01-04-2013 at 03:00 PM.
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

  8. #1823
    Daft Member Karl Cook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Here, there and everywhere.
    Posts
    12,896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    I have yet to see Sherlock or Justified.

    Sorry that PoI hasn't reached your side of the pond yet! It's picking up momentum here though. The entire CBS Thursday lineup had its biggest ratings ever last night.
    Season One has just ended over here. As of yet, there's no airdate for Season Two.
    It is coming, though. After the last episode of Season One aired there was a voiceover announcement: "Person Of Interest will return in 2013".
    That'll do for me.

    P.S. You really need to watch Sherlock and Justified. Seriously.
    Last edited by Karl Cook; 01-04-2013 at 03:10 PM.
    R.I.P. Don't pee in the (Dead)pool, November 2007 - January 2013

  9. #1824
    One Hoopy Frood Schmed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    6,831

    Default

    Go PACK GO!!!!!!!!
    Why should I want to make anything up? Life's bad enough as it is without trying to invent any more of it.

    "First you take a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes you."

  10. #1825
    Daft Member Karl Cook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Here, there and everywhere.
    Posts
    12,896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Schmed View Post
    Go PACK GO!!!!!!!!
    I think this is what you meant...

    R.I.P. Don't pee in the (Dead)pool, November 2007 - January 2013

  11. #1826
    Moderator Mister Mets's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Queens, New York
    Posts
    23,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    I have yet to see Sherlock or Justified.

    Sorry that PoI hasn't reached your side of the pond yet! It's picking up momentum here though. The entire CBS Thursday lineup had its biggest ratings ever last night.
    Sherlock is excellent. Especially the first episode of each season/ series.

    I got Justified Season 1 and 2 as a birthday gift. I've yet to watch it.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

    Formerly,
    Cyberman

    Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

  12. #1827
    One Hoopy Frood Schmed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    6,831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Sherlock is excellent. Especially the first episode of each season/ series.

    I got Justified Season 1 and 2 as a birthday gift. I've yet to watch it.
    You be quiet and reopen my Spidey Would Want thread!!
    Why should I want to make anything up? Life's bad enough as it is without trying to invent any more of it.

    "First you take a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes you."

  13. #1828
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,257

    Default

    Anyone watch "Suits"?

  14. #1829
    I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    California
    Posts
    10,853

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Schmed View Post
    You be quiet and reopen my Spidey Would Want thread!!
    Be quiet, Schmitty.

    If anyone asks, we threw you out of this car.

    spoilers:
    Just saw that episode of "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia" where the gang meets up with an old friend named "Schmitty." After welcoming him back, they quickly get sick of him and kick him out of their gang again.
    end of spoilers
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

    My Facebook page

  15. #1830
    One Hoopy Frood Schmed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    6,831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Be quiet, Schmitty.

    If anyone asks, we threw you out of this car.

    spoilers:
    Just saw that episode of "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia" where the gang meets up with an old friend named "Schmitty." After welcoming him back, they quickly get sick of him and kick him out of their gang again.
    end of spoilers
    Love that episode! YOU BE QUIET!!!
    Why should I want to make anything up? Life's bad enough as it is without trying to invent any more of it.

    "First you take a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes you."

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •