Page 116 of 191 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 2865
    I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz Abbasi View Post
    I could guess that by her reaction to "You need to be taught by the Spider"
    Did she ask if that was Spider-Woman?
    No. They said that she must be "trained by the spider" and Hope just went "Say what now?" (Cut to Spider-Man later asking "Say what now?")

And in Secret War he was repeatedly resurrected to fight cosmic powered Doom
    And he led the charge against Norman Osborn in Siege. Led the charge against The Serpent in Fear Itself. Was seen as the leader of the Avengers in Avengers vs. X-Men.

The reason I am saying Captain America is "the hero" in the Marvel Universe is because he's treated as "the hero" of the Marvel Universe.

The other possible Golden Age contenders have marks against them.

Namor is... Namor.

And Jim Hammond fell from prominence a long time ago.

(And most of the other Golden Age Timely characters never hit anywhere near as high as these three.)
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    No. They said that she must be "trained by the spider" and Hope just went "Say what now?" (Cut to Spider-Man later asking "Say what now?")
    Wow, I really need that comic

And he led the charge against Norman Osborn in Siege. Led the charge against The Serpent in Fear Itself. Was seen as the leader of the Avengers in Avengers vs. X-Men.

The reason I am saying Captain America is "the hero" in the Marvel Universe is because he's treated as "the hero" of the Marvel Universe.

The other possible Golden Age contenders have marks against them.

Namor is... Namor.

And Jim Hammond fell from prominence a long time ago.

(And most of the other Golden Age Timely characters never hit anywhere near as high as these three.)
    I never heard of anyone else from the Golden age besides The Angel (Cap, Namor, Torch & Toro aside), and I barely heard of him later
    Blogger

I am obsessed with the idea of completely erasing Spider-Man from every Marvel continuity

I never heard of anyone else from the Golden age besides The Angel (Cap, Namor, Torch & Toro aside), and I barely heard of him later
    Besides Cap, Bucky, Namor, Torch and Toro, most of the Golden Age guys are somewhat obscure now. Many of their names were reused by more modern characters like Angel, Vision, Patriot, Black Widow and scores of others.
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

The hero of the Marvel Universe is Captain America. After all, he got that big moment in Infinity Gauntlet where he was the last man standing and he STILL told Thanos off.
    Oh, I get that. Even Spidey will acknowledge that Cap is like a god among men, but that doesn't mean Spidey doesn't have anything to teach. Nor does it mean he's not a real hero. Spidey's been a super hero since he was sixteen. He's got oodles of experience!

Besides Cap, Bucky, Namor, Torch and Toro, most of the Golden Age guys are somewhat obscure now. Many of their names were reused by more modern characters like Angel, Vision, Patriot, Black Widow and scores of others.
    I've always liked THE FIERY MASK!!! Now there's a REAL hero!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fiery.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	91.0 KB 
ID:	105244
    "Women... they come and go, but the Jonah is eternal." - ViewtifulJC

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Nichols View Post
    Oh, I get that. Even Spidey will acknowledge that Cap is like a god among men, but that doesn't mean Spidey doesn't have anything to teach. Nor does it mean he's not a real hero. Spidey's been a super hero since he was sixteen. He's got oodles of experience!
    15. And agreed.

I recently read JMS's The Twelve. So some of those old guys are on my mind.

And despite what a goof he is, "Blue Blade" is actually kind of a cool name.

(A shame that nobody has picked up anything from the mini now that it's wrapped up.)

My Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Nichols View Post
    15 or 16 is pretty controversial
    I agree about what he has to teach

Wow, Golden Age strips loved to say "Follow The Amazing Adventures of......"
    Everyone was Amazing until Spidey came in
    Blogger

I am obsessed with the idea of completely erasing Spider-Man from every Marvel continuity

Here's a great Cracked article.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-things..._ibsrc=fanpage

4 Things You Quickly Learn About Internet Hate

My Facebook page

The Oatmeal responds to a Buzzfeed critic.

http://theoatmeal.com/blog/jack_stuef
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The Oatmeal responds to a Buzzfeed critic.

http://theoatmeal.com/blog/jack_stuef
    Just read about this on another board. Pwned, or whatever it is the kids are saying these days.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Senator Daniel Inouye passed away today due to complications from respiratory surgery.

Whatever you think of his politics, he had a truly impressive military record.

http://www.badassoftheweek.com/inouye.html

And by truly impressive, I mean that it could be a hell of an action film without any changes to the truth.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Youtube celebrates Gangnam Style?
    WTF is wrong there? Must have something to do with all the views that video had before Dec 21st
    Blogger

Lawn-mowing Enthusiast EuphemismForSex's Avatar

Youtube's new lay out is what's wrong. Only 29 more million views for that video to reach a billion.

On a completely unrelated note... My roommate asked to borrow textbook so I told him to just look for it. Instead he found a pair of handcuffs and I was like "shit this is going to get awkward" in my head, but he didn't say anything and kept looking, which was a relief. Then he found another pair of handcuffs and asked me why I had them. There was a long awkward pause before I shrugged and said "iunno" and he just left, saying he'll borrow the book from someone else. Probably the most awkward moment I've had in a long time.
    Bad news everyone...

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

http://www.comixology.com/Archaia-Al...collection/872

Archaia is having a Comixology sale on their titles. Great stuff like Gunnerkrigg Court, Rust, Mouse Guard and others. Show your support and be entertained in the process.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

There's no LAAAWW against preferring Stallone's Judge Dredd to Urban's Dredd film, right?
    Blogger

There's no LAAAWW against preferring Stallone's Judge Dredd to Urban's Dredd film, right?
    Yes, there is. You should be Sectioned under The Mental Health Act.
    R.I.P. Don't pee in the (Dead)pool, November 2007 - January 2013