Page 5 of 191 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Nichols View Post
    Sign of the times. People will decry anything and make it controversial. Imagine if Tom Brady and Gisele were expecting a baby, and they decided to get an abortion for whatever reason. They backlash from that would be insane. It's sad really. People's individual choices and beliefs should be left to them, and their professional careers should be allowed to speak for themselves.

It's one of my big issues with politics. All the debates and questions on what a politician believes, when it shouldn't matter what they believe in. They are being elected to a position where they are supposed to represent their constituents. It's ass-backwards.
    You're right. Sadly, though, I think it's even worse than that: another sign of the times is that society is just becoming uglier overall. People idolize the behavior of "Jersey Shore" ( even if some of the more over the top stuff is staged) and then become outraged at a man who dares to help others and "admit" to being Christian.

'tis a sad world we live in today......
    "What oldschool said"
    The Shadow, 2008

Sign of the times. People will decry anything and make it controversial. Imagine if Tom Brady and Gisele were expecting a baby, and they decided to get an abortion for whatever reason. They backlash from that would be insane. It's sad really. People's individual choices and beliefs should be left to them, and their professional careers should be allowed to speak for themselves.

It's one of my big issues with politics. All the debates and questions on what a politician believes, when it shouldn't matter what they believe in. They are being elected to a position where they are supposed to represent their constituents. It's ass-backwards.
    I think there is a bigger issue too, in that people in the media or involved in the media don't realize the divisiveness the words they say have. those comic writers I mentioned are influential and liked by many people even those that disagree with their views, but saying things like "looks like god likes Brady more than Tebow" are what dividing us as a country instead of being people with diverse ideas coming together.

I get why it's funny, but somethings don't need to be broadcasted out of respect.
    Last edited by stewart48; 01-15-2012 at 07:17 AM.
    BAD TOUCHSCREEN TYPER

Quote Originally Posted by stewart48 View Post
    I think there is a bigger issue too, in that people in the media or involved in the media don't realize the divisiveness the words they say have. those comic writers I mentioned are influential and liked by many people even those that disagree with their views, but saying things like "looks like god likes Brady more than Tebow" are what dividing us as a country instead of being people with diverse ideas coming together.

I get why it's funny, but somethings don't need to be broadcasted out of respect.
    Oh, I think they know exactly how divisive their statements are. They are concerned with big ratings and remaining relevant. They know that if they make divisive statements their followers will watch them AND their opponents will too. Listen to a radio show like Rush Limbaugh or Sean Hannity. It is AMAZING how many people call into these shows just to scream at them. And that is how they maintain their ratings.

I completely stopped watching the news on TV years ago. And I quit listening to news radio last year. It is all just spin. I get all my news from articles on the internet and, although the authors are more than capable of spinning whatever topic they write about, I find it easier to filter out when I'm reading than when I'm listening. Plus, it is very easy to find multiple articles on the same subject and balance the facts for yourself.
    "Women... they come and go, but the Jonah is eternal." - ViewtifulJC

Imagine if Tom Brady and Gisele were expecting a baby
    You need a man in the mix to have a baby.

I agree that any irritation I have with Tebow comes from coverage of him and not the man himself (though I find Skip Bayless more amusing than anything else). Well, that and my irritation at him for knocking us out of the playoffs. Overall, he seems an OK guy and if he wants to thank God after every game, that's his business. I think he's growing as a quarterback and, like I stated in the last megathread, I don't think he deserves some of the way Elway has treated him.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmed View Post
    Son of a bitch, this was gonna be my idea...SON OF A BITCH! Coco reminds me of Tor....
    You gotta wake up pretty early in the morning to get the drop on me.
    And I hope when you think of me years down the line
    You can't find one good thing to say.
    And I hope that if I found the strength to walk out
    You'd stay the hell out of my way.

I follow a diverse group of commentators and it's clear guys from both sides, the olberman's and the brietbart's do this.

But do you think the guys on the creative side like, comic writers and editors understand the effect they have, because I see a lot of people in entertainment talk about how we need to be more civil, but publicly mock some of the most sensitive issues.

I don't think they are mean people, just oblivious to their own small influence.
    BAD TOUCHSCREEN TYPER

I follow a diverse group of commentators and it's clear guys from both sides, the olberman's and the brietbart's do this.

But do you think the guys on the creative side like, comic writers and editors understand the effect they have, because I see a lot of people in entertainment talk about how we need to be more civil, but publicly mock some of the most sensitive issues.

I don't think they are mean people, just oblivious to their own small influence.
    I don't know if they do or not, but they are professional writers. One would think they know how their words are going to affect those who read them.

No, no, no. Fuck Tebow and his bullshit. His pro-life ad was way beyond too far. He needs to keep that type of shit to himself, or at least to the right platform. This is football not a door to door Jehovah's Witness event. When he blames god for a loss the same way he thanks god for a win, when he respects human rights and doesn't partake in pro-life ads during the Superbowl, when he realizes that a supreme being could give a shit less about football, then I will respect him.

Once again, this is football, not a podium for his religious beliefs.
    Why should I want to make anything up? Life's bad enough as it is without trying to invent any more of it.

"First you take a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes you."

but somethings don't need to be broadcasted out of respect.
    Like pro-life commercials during the Superbowl? Or stuffing your religion down peoples throats?
    Why should I want to make anything up? Life's bad enough as it is without trying to invent any more of it.

"First you take a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes you."

No, no, no. Fuck Tebow and his bullshit. His pro-life ad was way beyond too far. He needs to keep that type of shit to himself, or at least to the right platform. This is football not a door to door Jehovah's Witness event. When he blames god for a loss the same way he thanks god for a win, when he respects human rights and doesn't partake in pro-life ads during the Superbowl, when he realizes that a supreme being could give a shit less about football, then I will respect him.

Meanwhile, out in Foxboro, Tom Brady is still throwing touchdown passes against the Denver defense.

Did he??? I never saw that. And I'm surprised that Goodell would let one of his players be in a controversial ad that aired during the Super Bowl.

Did he??? I never saw that. And I'm surprised that Goodell would let one of his players be in a controversial ad that aired during the Super Bowl.
    http://abcnews.go.com/WN/tim-tebow-s...ory?id=9667638

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKLDNV4nT5E

Oh, snap! I never saw that before! When did that air?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKLDNV4nT5E

Oh, snap! I never saw that before! When did that air?
    Before he was drafted.

See some people are being all offended by others behavior towards Tebow and really that's okay, but don't dare tell me that I don't have the right to be offended by his behavior.