† LINSUS X ZAYNT MALIK † Chase_Stein's Avatar

Default Wolverine 300 REVIEW *SPOILERS*

This has been the best Wolverine issue Jason Aaron did since RRH, Get Mystique, the single parter with his girlfriends, and Insane in the Brain. I have to admit that I've lost faith in Aaron after his so-so arcs recently, but this more than made up for it. A really epic arc in the making.

I've always been baffled with how Aaron left the Silver Samurai and YukioxAmiko subplot unresolved, but this issue delivered a well-plotted resolution. First, we immediately get to catch-up with Yukio, who we last saw fatally injured. In the first few pages, we find out that despite her injuries, she can still kick ass much better than Wolverine. I would like to see a Yukio ongoing, so hot.

As for Amiko, we get to see her with a super hot guy, named Shin. They looked so good together. They're fantastic together. I like that they're cool and on an international modern ninja heist. The sad part is Amiko gets caught, but fortunately Shin escapes. This part continues to build up the suspense and mystery. ShinxAmiko OTP. <3

I love Azuma Goda. The best new villain since RRH Hand Ninjette. He talked about how the west have made "ninja" a conceptual cliche. This is so true that I felt like he was breaking the fourth wall at that moment. I love how Aaron really portrayed him in a compelling and convincing way. I'm not even sure if he's a villain considering his ambitious and well intentioned plans. I'm glad his immediately become a major character in this arc.

The issue ended with Azuma Goda being revealed to be the captor of Amiko. We also find out that Shin is in fact the heir to the Silver Samurai lineage. OMG. I love how I sensed that AmikoxnuSS was so going to happen. I love them together. The best X-couple since KenjixMarthaxSurge.

We also find out that Mystique is back!

Everyone looked hot thanks to Garney, Kubert, and Sanders! I esp. love the Amiko and nuSS parts, both really looked so KAWAII. <3 Easily a 10/10!
    Last edited by Chase_Stein; 01-14-2012 at 07:36 AM.
    "It doesn’t matter [if] you’re...Asian..., you can make it here in America if you’re willing to try." - Obama

Yeah, this was a great issue. Sabretooth especially was back to form. At first I rolled my eyes when I saw they were bringing him back, but Aaron writes him well and the Kubert (and Garney) drawn fight scenes between he and Logan were great. I didn't even realize I'd missed these knock-down-drag-out fights until I read this comic!

The Nu Silver Samurai is also pretty cool. I find myself wondering if he and Amiko might end up back at the Jean Grey School by the end of this arc? That could be cool IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    The Nu Silver Samurai is also pretty cool. I find myself wondering if he and Amiko might end up back at the Jean Grey School by the end of this arc? That could be cool IMO.
    I would love to see a love polygon develop betw. Hisako, Hellion, Amiko, and nuSS.
    "It doesn’t matter [if] you’re...Asian..., you can make it here in America if you’re willing to try." - Obama

We already had this thread. Flirting with Steven Sanders got me to buy the issue even (sneaky bastard!). And yes, it was AMAZING, and yes, I want Amiko and nuSS at JGS!
    X-Poster of the Month: janvier 2010 et mars 2012 et août 2013
    --- something something I do! ---

merge thread plz.

Quote Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
    And yes, it was AMAZING, and yes, I want Amiko and nuSS at JGS!
    nuSS is the next Kenji Uedo. I would also like to see an Azuma Goda, Amiko (*edit*) and nuSS mini-series.

I approve of nuSS and Amiko at the JGS! =) About time Wolverine actually started to spend some time with his adopted daughter...

Would be kind of cool if she got the hots for nuPocalypse actually... I know, it's a perverted idea, but this is the X-BOARDS!

HELLO MODS MERGE THREAD PLZ. THX FOR DOING UR JOB.

Quote Originally Posted by Predabot View Post
    I approve of nuSS and Amiko at the JGS! =) About time Wolverine actually started to spend some time with his adopted daughter...

Would be kind of cool if she got the hots for nuPocalypse actually... I know, it's a perverted idea, but this is the X-BOARDS!
    I would want to see Amiko kick principal Wolverine in his face again.

Also, F**K NO TO UR NUPOCCY SHIPPING BS. PURE UTTER S**T IDEA. AMIKO nuSS is OTP.

undignified douchebag stevensanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
    We already had this thread. Flirting with Steven Sanders got me to buy the issue even (sneaky bastard!). And yes, it was AMAZING, and yes, I want Amiko and nuSS at JGS!
    Flirting with X-Board members is the main way I generate sales on any given issue I work on.
    "The only person who cares about your opinion is your mother." - Gore Vidal

Quote Originally Posted by stevensanders View Post
    Flirting with X-Board members is the main way I generate sales on any given issue I work on.
    I don't care if you're a whore, I just want a piece. <3<3

Also, more Lockheed!
    X-Poster of the Month: janvier 2010 et mars 2012 et août 2013
    --- something something I do! ---

nevermind.....