Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Favorite Frontmen

The guy on the mic, often times the only one without an instrument, generally the most entertaining guy to watch, they may not necessarily have the best voices, but sometimes their charisma can make up for it. List your favorites.

David Lee Roth, imo one of the best whose ever had the position
    Steven Tyler
    Dio
    Bruce Dickinson
    Robert Plant
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11
    Do it yourself tech support link

Steven Tyler
    Robert Plant
    Roger Daltrey
    David Lee Roth
    Ronnie James Dio
    Phil Collins
    Mick Jagger
    Bruce Dickinson
    Alice Cooper
    Iggy Pop
    Freddie Mercury
    PULL LIST: Batman '66, Animal Man, Daredevil, Hawkeye, Saga, Chew, Lazarus, Mind MGMT, Black Beetle, Sergio Aragones' Funnies

Freddie Mercury - Frontman beyond compare.

Unfortunately I never got to see him live, but witht hose bands I have seen, the most charismatic frontmen (and women) that spring to mind:

Ricky Wilson (Kaiser Cheifs)
    Wayne Coyne (Flaming Lips)
    Debbie Harry (Blondie) I take it Frontwomen count too?
    Roger Daltry (The Who)
    U-Go Girl lives & Squirrel Girl is the nuts!

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

Most people probably don't know him: Fred LeBlanc of Cowboy Mouth. He's drummer and frontman. He makes watching the band damned near a religious experience. Once or twice, he's even literally climbed the walls (though he stopped drumming).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mm0KFOq9ag

Freddie Mercury
    Steven Tyler
    Roger Daltrey
    Mick Jagger
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Guardian View Post
    Most people probably don't know him: Fred LeBlanc of Cowboy Mouth. He's drummer and frontman. He makes watching the band damned near a religious experience. Once or twice, he's even literally climbed the walls (though he stopped drumming).

Freddie Mercury
    Steven Tyler
    Roger Daltrey
    Mick Jagger
    That's pretty awesome! You don't often see bands where the drummer is front and center. I'm actually a bit averse to the notion that the lead singer of a band is also the band's 'frontman' in many cases.
    I know you're familiar with Living Colour, I'd take that as an example of a band who doesn't have a clear frontman. I'd say the driving force behind them isn't Corey but Vernon; he writes and composes most of the songs. Meanwhile, both on stage and on their albums, all four of them are equally present.

Example of how it annoys me a little when people 'naturally assume' that the lead singer should be the focal point of a band, was on the radio two years or so ago, when it was announced Kings Of Leon had to cancel a few gigs because their drummer had fallen ill. The deejays (it was a pop station) were commenting on how the band could have just gotten a substitute drummer, reasoning that it wasn't that big a deal as, for example, the lead singer falling ill. Considering that no two drummers are the same, and also that Kings Of Leon are 3 brothers and a cousin, I would think there's no guarantee the cohesion of the band would be repaired so easily by hiring a replacement drummer.

Michael Hutchence, frontman of INXS, is the best I've seen.
    R.I.P. Don't pee in the (Dead)pool, November 2007 - January 2013

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Guardian View Post

Freddie Mercury
    Steven Tyler
    Roger Daltrey
    Mick Jagger
    I actually listen to Cowboy Mouth some even if it is a bit more pop countryish than I prefer, LeBlanc has a great voice.

Can't believe I forgot Mercury and Cooper. Coverdale of Whitesnake was really good also.
    Last edited by Hiromi; 01-14-2012 at 03:57 PM.
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11
    Do it yourself tech support link

I don't mind the pain Oskar Von Strange's Avatar

Two words: Lux Interior
    Currently reading:Creepy, Eerie, Frankenstein Alive Alive, The Goon, Haunted Horror, Hellboy in Hell, King Conan: The Conquerer, Minimum Wage, Stray Bullets: Killers

When it comes to frontmen, there is only one...

BANNED

Eddie Vedder and Bono.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Lentze View Post
    That's pretty awesome! You don't often see bands where the drummer is front and center. I'm actually a bit averse to the notion that the lead singer of a band is also the band's 'frontman' in many cases.
    I know you're familiar with Living Colour, I'd take that as an example of a band who doesn't have a clear frontman. I'd say the driving force behind them isn't Corey but Vernon; he writes and composes most of the songs. Meanwhile, both on stage and on their albums, all four of them are equally present.

Example of how it annoys me a little when people 'naturally assume' that the lead singer should be the focal point of a band, was on the radio two years or so ago, when it was announced Kings Of Leon had to cancel a few gigs because their drummer had fallen ill. The deejays (it was a pop station) were commenting on how the band could have just gotten a substitute drummer, reasoning that it wasn't that big a deal as, for example, the lead singer falling ill. Considering that no two drummers are the same, and also that Kings Of Leon are 3 brothers and a cousin, I would think there's no guarantee the cohesion of the band would be repaired so easily by hiring a replacement drummer.
    Drummers are usually easier to replace than a lead singer tho honestly.

The human voice is a very weird instrument that can't really be duplicated as well as drums.

Freddie Mercury - Frontman beyond compare.

Vote 4 Stiv Bators

and

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by G. Wayne View Post

and

i have no clue