Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526 LastLast
Results 346 to 360 of 379
  1. #346
    More human than human. Johnny P. Sartre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    4,986

    Default

    Whoa! Out of topic but why did ArnoldoAAD get banned?
    The 9th Blog
    A Blog made with friends about comics, the 9th art
    Tumblr: Comics! Comics! Comics! ACK!

  2. #347
    Senior Member Volkditty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,104

    Default

    Has there been any news on who will be replacing Sorrentino on art? I've looked around but can't find a mention. Glad to hear he'll still be doing covers though, and I'm ridiculously excited to see him on Green Arrow.
    Be a fan of the creators, not the characters.

  3. #348
    Junior Member Darknet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    297

    Default

    It would suck so badly if Sorretino leaves. The art is so great and matches the mood and theme so nicely.

  4. #349
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Manila
    Posts
    569

    Default

    DC offered Rob Liefeld to take over the art (and eventually writing) duties when Andrea leaves. Rob declined.

    DC then went to Dennis Calero. Calero is pretty good though. His style makes use of a lot of shadows which fits nicely with the look and feel of this title.

  5. #350
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    463

    Default

    Has it really been confirmed that Sorrentino is leaving I, Vampire or are people assuming because he'll be working on Green Arrow with Lemire, that he is gonna stop with I, Vampire? I think Andrea can pull double duty for a bit, I mean both titles are spaced out a good deal enough (Green Arrow out the first week of the month compared to I, Vampire out the fourth week of the month) and really just to see if he can do it. If he falls behind then I'm sure he would consider dropping I, Vampire and leaving it in capable hands like Calero or someone else (maybe Syzmon Kudranski, his style uses shadows a lot as well (as seen in the Penguin mini series and his current Spawn run), but it could lead to a different type of book aesthetically speaking).

    I guess we'll see when the February solicitations come out to see what will happen.

  6. #351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darknet View Post
    It would suck so badly if Sorretino leaves. The art is so great and matches the mood and theme so nicely.
    Calero is a flawless replacement. Keeps exactly the same style and tone.





    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

    http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

  7. #352

    Default

    Yeah Sorrentino is off. Fialkov confirmed Dennis is the new artist.

  8. #353
    Senior Member Volkditty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,104

    Default

    Never heard of him, but that artwork looks pretty good. Hopefully it will be a smooth transition.
    Be a fan of the creators, not the characters.

  9. #354
    Shut up, Leonard FHIZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Gotham
    Posts
    10,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HellsRider View Post
    Has it really been confirmed that Sorrentino is leaving I, Vampire or are people assuming because he'll be working on Green Arrow with Lemire, that he is gonna stop with I, Vampire? I think Andrea can pull double duty for a bit, I mean both titles are spaced out a good deal enough (Green Arrow out the first week of the month compared to I, Vampire out the fourth week of the month) and really just to see if he can do it. If he falls behind then I'm sure he would consider dropping I, Vampire and leaving it in capable hands like Calero or someone else (maybe Syzmon Kudranski, his style uses shadows a lot as well (as seen in the Penguin mini series and his current Spawn run), but it could lead to a different type of book aesthetically speaking).

    I guess we'll see when the February solicitations come out to see what will happen.
    Yes he's been confirmed,

    and pretty much no artist is able to realistically do double duty like that.

  10. #355
    Maker of Art LooneyKoala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Winchester, UK
    Posts
    1,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    Calero is a flawless replacement. Keeps exactly the same style and tone.





    That does look nice!
    Peter Parker is my lord and saviour.
    Show Teddy some love!
    "I want Apex to feast on Reptil like a pregnant khaleesi." - Sanji
    MY ART

  11. #356
    Maker of Art LooneyKoala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Winchester, UK
    Posts
    1,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beetle_booster View Post
    DC offered Rob Liefeld to take over the art (and eventually writing) duties when Andrea leaves. Rob declined.
    Really? They really thought he'd make a good replacement? Glad to see they have so much faith in the title... Happy he won't be on it
    Peter Parker is my lord and saviour.
    Show Teddy some love!
    "I want Apex to feast on Reptil like a pregnant khaleesi." - Sanji
    MY ART

  12. #357
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    463

    Default

    Well that really sucks that Sorrentino is gone as his style pretty much is the I, Vampire look and I am gonna miss that. Calero though looks to be a good replacement given the art above, so I'll give him a shot and see if his style grows on me.

  13. #358
    Senior Member Volkditty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post
    Yes he's been confirmed,

    and pretty much no artist is able to realistically do double duty like that.
    Sorrentino said on his Twitter feed that he'll still be doing covers for I, Vampire and "maybe for a little surprise." Honestly, in respect to the work load, I'm surprised they've been able to do all 14 issues of I, Vampire so far without any fill-in artists or delays. The guy must be a workhorse.
    Be a fan of the creators, not the characters.

  14. #359
    Senior Member Jake Fury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    1,658

    Default

    Read the first trade again this weekend, I think it was even better the 2nd time around.
    Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Constantine, Earth-2, Suicide Squad, Phantom Stranger, Forever Evil, Rogues Rebellion, Arkham War, ARGUS, Iron Man & Unity. Trades: Saga, East of West & Lazarus.

  15. #360
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    221B Baker Street
    Posts
    18,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny P. Sartre View Post
    Whoa! Out of topic but why did ArnoldoAAD get banned?
    I talked to him on the Bleeding Cool forum; he basically made a comment interpreted as a jab and was banned before he could edit it out.

    He said to keep this thread alive!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •