Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: MILLARWORLD EXCLUSIVE: Spinning Off "Nemesis 2" & "Hit-Girl"

2012 holds sequels and prequels for some of Mark Millar's biggest hits as the writer shares a look at the next phase of uber-villain Nemesis and the secret history of Hit-Girl's final mission with loads of exclusive art.

Full article here.

Default Millar is the man

How does one man have so many ideas in his head? No offense Mr. Millar but did you make a deal with the devil like Simon from Superior or what? Then he goes and lines up a group of the best artists out there today...Romita Jr, Yu, Mcniven, Quitely, and Gibbons! WTF...

That is an AWESOME drawing of Daredevil.

Default Because in worlds he creates Millar can take things to their logical conclusion

Quote Originally Posted by Cbuc1125 View Post
    How does one man have so many ideas in his head? No offense Mr. Millar but did you make a deal with the devil like Simon from Superior or what? Then he goes and lines up a group of the best artists out there today...Romita Jr, Yu, Mcniven, Quitely, and Gibbons! WTF...
    In the worlds Mark Millar creates he can take things to their logical conclusion, to explore what consequences are.

In contrast in the Marvel 616 universe there has been almost no exploration of the psychological impact of the public demonstration that there are intelligent extraterrestrial lifeforms and no exploration of the psychological impact of hints at possible immortality.

For heavens sakes, the first thing the authors of the first superhero, the Monkey King, did was to portray him seeking the secret of immortality.

Uhh... Nemesis 2?

I'm afraid we sorta missed the mark the first time around, Mark.
    #RallyForMarkHunt

Picture Book Liker

I find the parallel drawn between a billionaire supervillian and Dracula to be an intriguing metaphor.

Although I enjoyed the Kick-Ass movie, I have to skip the books. I can't, in good conscience, support anything that JR JR does. His art makes me angry, and not in a good way.

That said, I think Jupiter's Children will be the one (and first) Millarworld book I pick up. For someone who has so many ideas to proclaim it as his magnum opus has me intrigued.
    Currently Reading: Hawkeye, Jupiter's Legacy, Mighty Avengers, Saga, Superior Spider-Man & Superior Foes (Bye: Fearless Defenders & Young Avengers)

Picture Book Liker

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Waid View Post
    That is an AWESOME drawing of Daredevil.
    And the Moon Knight as his reflection - genius!

(Seriously, though, I don't understand the point of your comment)
    Currently Reading: Hawkeye, Jupiter's Legacy, Mighty Avengers, Saga, Superior Spider-Man & Superior Foes (Bye: Fearless Defenders & Young Avengers)

Default Marvel could capture a lot of Jupiter's Children appeal

Quote Originally Posted by Disco_Magic View Post
    I find the parallel drawn between a billionaire supervillian and Dracula to be an intriguing metaphor.

Although I enjoyed the Kick-Ass movie, I have to skip the books. I can't, in good conscience, support anything that JR JR does. His art makes me angry, and not in a good way.

That said, I think Jupiter's Children will be the one (and first) Millarworld book I pick up. For someone who has so many ideas to proclaim it as his magnum opus has me intrigued.
    I would argue other than the X-Men, there is no reason for the 616 Marvel Universe to have public acknowledgement of the existence of superpowers. Get rid of the knowledge of extraterrestrials and other super-tech, get rid of public acknowledgement of superpowers as much as possible, and suddenly the Marvel Universe can look a lot more like the current one, which used to be one of the strengths of Marvel compared to DC. It would also bring the Marvel Universe closer to what is seen in the movies.

Mark Millar is not the only writer who has written for Marvel recently who has reveled in the chance to write a universe of their own where the introduction of superpowers is treated as an amazing special occurrence--look at JMS's Supreme Power, some of his best work ever for Marvel, or arguably Neil Gaiman's 1602.

Quote Originally Posted by Disco_Magic View Post
    And the Moon Knight as his reflection - genius!
    I thought both of these responses were pretty hilarious.
    #RallyForMarkHunt

I'm interested in some of Millar's projects like Secret Service and the Frank Quitely collaboration but I just hope they're good.

Nemesis and Kick Ass (after reading the second volume) left me pretty cold since they're basically shock value comics that outside of having some pretty darn good art have little to no heart or soul to them. The only other project that I have a mild interest in with regards to current Millar World is Superior since that seems to have at least a spark of humanity to it so I'll probably check it out in collected format.

I wish Mark the best but I do hope that his writing becomes a little more sophisticated and speak to me on a more basic emotional level.

Just saw the Kick Ass 2 pages. Man that fight looks awesome. I think it will translate well onto screen

I am rarely let down my Millar...and usually when I get a bit down on him - it's due to the (now previous) delays in his books coming out.

The end of Nemesis 1 had me a bit concerned. I was on board - even through the insanity of issue 3 - until the last few pages. It just screamed WANTED redux to me...and I was not really sure I was on board with the overall direction the story was headed. That said - looking at this interview...I am kind of intrigued. The original Nemesis being Steve Jobs took me by surprise a bit...and I am a bit more intrigued once again.

I think what I appreciate about Millar is that he keeps me on my toes. While there are so many writers and books that are OH SO PREDICTABLE out there - his are not. So that said...while I think Supercrooks will be amazing, Jupiter's Children even more incredible, and the Secret Service very intriguing - it's actually Nemesis 2 I am the most interested in, at the moment - simply because it's kept me guessing.