Page 332 of 334 FirstFirst ... 232282322328329330331332333334 LastLast
Results 4,966 to 4,980 of 5000

I just read the Avengers Movie Prequel (not Fury's Big Week, the one that came out today). I guess you could call it a prequel... All it really does is re-introduce all the characters and gives a few pages of previously untold stories for each. Not really great, but it upped my anticipation for the movie by half a percent

I liked Fury's Big Week better because A) it was longer, and B) Tied all the movies thus far together.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    I have a pull list policy that I hold myself to: "If it doesn't have you on the edge of your seat, dump it." This way, I avoid spending money on books I don't care for. My pull list stays lean (ten books at the moment), and every book I'm committed to is a proven favorite of mine.

For years, I pulled all of the Avengers books out of a sense of obligation. When my disposable income started drying up, I had to grow a pair and dump them. (Well, all except Secret. That one still rocks.) Now I find myself with a budding interest in the Spider-Man and X-Men franchises, but I really don't want to find myself back in the same old situation.
    I like your policy, the only book that I cant live without is Fables I would drop everythign else in a heart beat if needed. I have almost lost interest in the Superhero books though mainly Marvel and DC. I like the magic side of things though like JL: Dark and Wonder Woman for example. I didnt know there was more then one Main 616 Spidy title but I am loving Amazing(reading it as I type) since I started at #666 and I would say check it out it is self contained with the exception of 1 issue were the second part was in Daredevil(dont know how it ended but it was not important)

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    You're not bothered by the little elements he does to make the book more "new reader friendly" but at the cost of continuity? Like ignoring Morrison's work
    Should pre 52 stuff really even matter all that much anyways? I can not really comment on this as I have only read up to issue 2 but I have read all of Morrisons recent Batman man stuff with the exception of Incorporated. I will check new 52 Batman out though thanks to DC price drop.

Batman Incorporated.
    I was not interested in that when it first came out, it was that book that made me lose my interest for Bat titles to be honest.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    I just read the Avengers Movie Prequel (not Fury's Big Week, the one that came out today). I guess you could call it a prequel... All it really does is re-introduce all the characters and gives a few pages of previously untold stories for each. Not really great, but it upped my anticipation for the movie by half a percent

I liked Fury's Big Week better because A) it was longer, and B) Tied all the movies thus far together.
    You know it's three issues right???

Quote Originally Posted by Samorai_black View Post
    Should pre 52 stuff really even matter all that much anyways?
    Yes they should.

I was not interested in that when it first came out, it was that book that made me lose my interest for Bat titles to be honest.
    But you haven't read a single issue of it for crying out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinx View Post
    What does he do that ignores past continuity? =o
    Bruce freaks out about the Court of Owls, despite having faced something so much bigger and larger than life. Has to be a huge dick towards his comrade Richard by punching him in the face, while being all angsty and whatnot. He's had worst days.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

But you haven't read a single issue of it for crying out loud.
    Yup, becuase it didnt interest me.

C'mon it's Batman going James Bond globally with his personal league of Batmen! Whats not to like?! :) It's the most super spy title out there.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

lol, it just does not interest me man, Im sure it's good I am a fan of Morrision and I think he puts out some great work but this is something that I dont care to or feel the need to read. It's not even about the cost becuase if I really wanted to read it I could(internet is my friend) have already Iv seen it around but I just skipped right over it.

The only part that got my interest would be seeing Steph Brown again but thats not worth getting it.

Yo wyokid, you caught up on TMNT yet?
    Last edited by Samorai_black; 05-02-2012 at 11:54 AM.

I like your policy, the only book that I cant live without is Fables I would drop everythign else in a heart beat if needed. I have almost lost interest in the Superhero books though mainly Marvel and DC. I like the magic side of things though like JL: Dark and Wonder Woman for example. I didnt know there was more then one Main 616 Spidy title but I am loving Amazing(reading it as I type) since I started at #666 and I would say check it out it is self contained with the exception of 1 issue were the second part was in Daredevil(dont know how it ended but it was not important)
    I am absolutely loving Amazing Spider-Man. I picked it up at the beginning of Slott's run (#648, I believe).

Issue #666 is the beginning of Spider-Island, right? I freaking loved that story.

As for the other Spider-books...by my count, there are four titles in the 616 Spider-Man family.

- Amazing Spider-Man
    - Avenging Spider-Man (Marvel Team-Up in all but name)
    - Venom (starring Flash Thompson)
    - Scarlet Spider (starring Kaine)

Also, Spidey is a member of the FF and the New Avengers, so...

- FF (not to be confused with Fantastic Four)
    - New Avengers

Elder Member

Yo wyokid, you caught up on TMNT yet?
    Reading it right now, actually.

lol, it just does not interest me man, Im sure it's good I am a fan of Morrision and I think he puts out some great work but this is something that I dont care to or feel the need to read. It's not even about the cost becuase if I really wanted to read it I could(internet is my friend) have already Iv seen it around but I just skipped right over it.
    Since when did you become a thief? >:(
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    I am absolutely loving Amazing Spider-Man. I picked it up at the beginning of Slott's run (#648, I believe).

Issue #666 is the beginning of Spider-Island, right? I freaking loved that story.

As for the other Spider-books...by my count, there are four titles in the 616 Spider-Man family.

- Amazing Spider-Man
    - Avenging Spider-Man (Marvel Team-Up in all but name)
    - Venom (starring Flash Thompson)
    - Scarlet Spider (starring Kaine)

Also, Spidey is a member of the FF and the New Avengers, so...

- FF (not to be confused with Fantastic Four)
    - New Avengers
    Yea that was the issue I believe, I think I might have started one before becuase of the comic shop promotion, but i liked it so much I added it to my pull. I cant believe I forgot Venom, I was reading that for a bit during Spider-Island, and went back and read it from issue 1 until the crossover. It was pretty good but not for me. Everything else does not interest me but thats more boosk then I thought.

Todays issue of Amazing was great I love Ramos' art so much and Slott knows how to write a Spidy/Pete I like.

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Reading it right now, actually.
    Oh, I thought thats where you got your avatar from.

Since last year I guess if your count this as stealing. Its a great way to get caught up on issues and to sample comics. I dont support people just reading the comics and not buying them in some form but I would reccomed it to people. All that said I dont veiw it any different then me giving out my Fables trade, my volume 1-5 have been passed around more then 40 times and counting.

BANNED

I don't get how he is a thief? The people who put their stuff on the internet are thieves but how can you be a thief if it's out in the open and for free? It's like my friend giving me a comicbook at his house. It's free and I'm not stealing it.
    Last edited by coolcatcool; 05-02-2012 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    You know it's three issues right???
    You sure? At the end it says "Continued in Theaters", which means that if there's a second and third issue they won't take place before the movie, which makes them very poor prequels
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Elder Member

Oh, I thought thats where you got your avatar from.
    It's the cover for TMNT #10, but now I know why! This book is pure insanity!

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    You sure? At the end it says "Continued in Theaters", which means that if there's a second and third issue they won't take place before the movie, which makes them very poor prequels
    There were two prequel comics released today, one was canon and the other was not.

CANON

Three issue miniseries.

NOT CANON

All-ages one shot. Note that there is no red Avengers logo identifying that it is an official tie-in.