Page 329 of 334 FirstFirst ... 229279319325326327328329330331332333 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,935 of 5000

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    Correction: she is now caught up. 96 issues in less than a month. Good girl
    I, too, was going through them very quickly. Sadly my library only has the first six books...
    Thank god comic fans are such a tiny little percentage of the audience needed for a successful film because apparently we not only hate fucking everything, we're willing to even pre-hate things...

Quote Originally Posted by thecrimson View Post
    Anyone here play Magic: The Gathering? I asked earlier, but I didn't quite get an answer.

Also, anyone heard of the band Demon Hunter?
    Nope, I grade school a kid gave me 3 cards and thats about all I know of the game.

As for the band, no clue as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    I don't know why but I found this scenario so funny. Because its happened to everyone at least once.
    So far it has not happened to me, I very rarely need to #2 in public and when I have I make sure I have enough TP.

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    ah the devils work lol
    Hes clearly a great guy, if not for him I dont think there would be anything for me to love as a kid.

Nice, shes doing better then me. I still have to read the current arc. I wish I had more trades of Walking Dead to pass around I just push Fables my girl is caugth up on it which is bad becuase I am not. I have not been alone long enough to read the last 2 issues in peace, its the only book that I like to read with no distractions.

I bought the Avengers Lego sets and the Mags, Wolverine and Deadpool set as well. The Avengers sets are pretty sweet and the quinjet is awesome the X-men set is okay for the characters but thats about it. There will also be an Ultimate Spider-man set but it looks to be based on the cartoon so far with a Spider-man, Iron First and Doc Ock.

As for the Ultimate Spider-man cartoon I have watched to episodes (not of my on will) and I really dont like it, I think its a really good kids show though. Also I am really loving the Avengers cartoon season 2 and am now caught up from season 1, the only down side for me is the animation style. I liking this show more then Young Justice.

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    J.K. SIMMONS VOICES TENZIN!!?
    Im kinda sad you didnt notice, I could have sworn you were the one to post that first. Another piece of info for ya if you didnt know is; Mako was the name of the voice actor who orginally voiced Iroh.
    Last edited by Samorai_black; 05-01-2012 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Samorai_black View Post
    Nope, I grade school a kid gave me 3 cards and thats about all I know of the game.

As for the band, no clue as well.
    It's an actually fun card game. Each set that comes out has a storyline that follows, that then gets expanded even further by books or comics.

They're heavy metal. I heavily recommend checking their song "God Forsaken" out.
    Thank god comic fans are such a tiny little percentage of the audience needed for a successful film because apparently we not only hate fucking everything, we're willing to even pre-hate things...

Skullkickers Volume 1: Treasure Trove by Jim Zubkavich

Skullkickers is a fantasy comedy by Jim Zubkavich starring two nameless merceneries who adventure around murdering whatever ”evil” they can find in hopes for money and fame, that’s the basic gist of the series, a buddy-cop fantasy series starring “Baldy” & “Shorty”.

The art by Edwing Huan, Chris Stevens & Misty Coast is like the art from a Saturday morning cartoon with very bright colors, cute facial expressions (and hilarious reaction faces) and very children fantasy alike from its stout dwarves, muscular men and cuter than cute fairies, who happen to act like human bullets and slit throats in the name of spirits and forests, cute and fun! The basic concept with its art and storytelling is to have this really fun bright colorful cartoony vibe, with a bit of blood now and then, so it’s not quite the most dark fantasy universe out there, but it’s not flowers and sunshine at all, but a comical mixture of the two, the best example would be something like the Warcraft series.

The hardcover collection collects the first eleven issues and tons of extra material, which I’ll get to later on. The main series works as a wonderful introduction to both our nameless heroes and the setting around us. You got the killer fairies I’ve mentioned, mages, necromancers and warlocks and even a fat werewolf. The overall plotline is pretty much surrounding Baldy’s & Shorty’s desire to become filthy rich & famous, and they’re not the most kindest heroes out there, but neither are they truly villainous, but they are the mixture of good and evil to the point it’s truly their charm that makes you want to root for these goofballs to save the day from the great evil, which usually has been caused by their own foolishness. The book also seeds some subplots that will carry on to the next book, so not only are there bigger stories untold, but the charm that Zubkavich provides with these characters is more than enough reason to anticipate for the next volume, after enjoying the hilarity from this one. I’ll also add that this book has a rather clever way of using sound effect text in comics.

The extra content includes these anthology stories that began even before the series was launched, so we see the initial designs which practically remain unchanged, but the tune here is actually much more darker, almost like today’s dark fantasy series like Dragon Age, Game of Thrones or Demon Knights, so it’s a bit fun seeing these loveable heroes suddenly being much nastier and greedier than on the actual ongoing. There are also character designs, crossovers, puzzles and whatnot an unusual extra in this comic book hardcover, but that just simply makes it even a more fun gift to your teenage child/cousin/friend/relative.

Rating: 83/100 – A solid introduction to the genre as there aren’t that many fantasy comics going on, much less comedic ones. I would say however the book maybe gets a bit too tongue-in-cheek? Can the fans truly take all the great hordes of evil that seriously, when we’re supposed to be laughing at it at the same time? I guess what I’m saying is that this is very comedic, but perhaps it was too comedic for me? Did I expect a different comic? All I want to say is I highly recommend this, if you’re a fan of fantasy, you don’t even have to be a fan of fantasy to get into this book, the real charmer are the mercenaries with their simple quest for fame and fortune, what’s not to like?
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

I read Skullkickers not too long ago. Absolutely loved it!

It's new comic day. Anyone here going to give Earth 2 for DC a shot? I was a bit skeptical at first, but if it's out on Comixology I want to add it to my weekly haul. The new 52 has really impressed me thus far, but wasn't too excited from what I saw with Earth 2 when it was announced. I hope I'm proven wrong.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    It's new comic day. Anyone here going to give Earth 2 for DC a shot? I was a bit skeptical at first, but if it's out on Comixology I want to add it to my weekly haul. The new 52 has really impressed me thus far, but wasn't too excited from what I saw with Earth 2 when it was announced. I hope I'm proven wrong.
    Sadly Wednesdays are generally not new comic day for me. I get mine shipped to me at the end of every month. For example, I should be getting last month's comics any day now. But to answer your question: I will either be adding Earth 2 to my list or just buy it in trade a few months from now.

Oh, and you're always up early, You must be in a later timezone than me lol.

I cant say Im in anyway interested in this book. I was interested in 2 of the other books that were anounced but after read more about them I passed them up.

It's an actually fun card game. Each set that comes out has a storyline that follows, that then gets expanded even further by books or comics.
    That sounds interesting for just the lore but I feel I am too old for card games like that. I have no friends who play or would be interesed in playing, its extra money as well and I already have two pretty pricey hobbies.
    Last edited by Samorai_black; 05-02-2012 at 04:30 AM.

Me, Balfro & i think Sinx will check it out, hopefully we'll all like it. :)
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Elder Member

She's not a dog Balfro, but yes, that is good news. :P

You haven't been reading all 52 if it's impressed you :P

It's new comic day. Anyone here going to give Earth 2 for DC a shot? I was a bit skeptical at first, but if it's out on Comixology I want to add it to my weekly haul.
    Yeah, I'm getting the first issue to give it a try. There's something especially fun about seeing the Earth 2 heroes written in a modern style.

The new 52 has really impressed me thus far, but wasn't too excited from what I saw with Earth 2 when it was announced. I hope I'm proven wrong.
    Most of my experience with the New 52 has been positive. Of course, I already knew to avoid anything written by Liefeld or Krul, so I've avoided the worst stinkers.

My only real disapointment was Static Shock. I really wanted to like it, but it turned out to be a poorly-written Spider-Man knockoff.

Sadly Wednesdays are generally not new comic day for me. I get mine shipped to me at the end of every month. For example, I should be getting last month's comics any day now.
    Yeah, similar problem here. My LCS is about 30 minutes away from my house. Now that I have kids to handle when I get off from work, that's a drive that I really can't justify on a weekday. I usually get my books sometime over the weekend.

Unfortunately, by the time I get my books and read them, the related threads here on CBR have already died down, so no one cares what I have to say.

There are a few books that I buy digitally, so there's no waiting for those. I've considered going all-digital, but I like my LCS too much to just abandon it.
    Last edited by RockyBanks; 05-02-2012 at 05:50 AM.

BANNED

Anyone read the new UCSM issue yet? I'm really enjoying this Prowler arc. I honestly think this the best arc going right now in the UU. Shall I post spoilers?

You should share your thoughts here, man. <3
    My Blog

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    Anyone read the new UCSM issue yet? I'm really enjoying this Prowler arc. I honestly think this the best arc going right now in the UU. Shall I post spoilers?

I'm doing it at noon EST, stupid forum rules :\

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    Bendis is building this arc so slowly that I'm about to explode. Say what you want about the man, but he knows how to keep me on edge. I cannot wait to get my hands on the new issue.

Unfortunately, I'll have to.

Not sure if the wife will be cool with me spending $20 in gas (and about an hour and a half of the evening) to grab my books a few days early. Especially when she knows I'll be up there on Saturday for FCBD.