Page 325 of 334 FirstFirst ... 225275315321322323324325326327328329 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,875 of 5000

Quote Originally Posted by Time_to_Zap View Post
    But this way you can grab a sharpie and name them yourself!

"Ultimate Comics The Ultimates Vol 1.: The Epic Bromantic Adventures of Thor and Tony!" (Silly titles to counteract the epic, serious nature of the title.)

"Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man Vol. 1: Miles Morales and the Spider of Forty-Two." (All subsequent graphic novels in this series shall be named per Harry Potter style, as well. "Miles Morales and his Nasty Uncle." "Miles Morales and the Mysterio Portal.")

"Ultimate Comics: X-Men Vol. 1: Science and Faith." (An actual, realistic/deep name for one.)
    Miles Morales and the Scorpion's Sting?
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    Mmmmmkay.

Anyone else here bothered by the way Marvel's naming its trades now?

They used to be organized and named like graphic novels. The vast majority of them contained a single storyline, and the trade was named after that story. (Examples: The Ultimates: Super Human, Uncanny X-Men: Breaking Point.)

Now every title seems to have switched over to simple volume numbering. (Examples: Ultimate Comics The Ultimates by Jonathan Hickman, Volume 1, Uncanny X-Men by Kieron Gillen, Volume 1.)

I can imagine this is being done to lighten the pressure on writers to "write for the trade", which I'm okay with. It just throws me off, because I tend to think of my books as serialized graphic novels rather than episodes of a TV show.

I read a quote awhile back from JMS where he claimed that the comic book industry needed to grow past the "comic book" and embrace the "graphic novel" as its primary end-product. Mind you, I'm no JMS fan, but I felt like he had a point, and I took that to heart. And it seemed like Marvel had long since been moving in that direction by pressuring writers to mold their stories into Bendis-style 7-issue story arcs and collect them as graphic novels.

Anyways.

Anyone else think this way, or am I just crazy?
    Better then how DC would do it and not even have the trades numbered at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    Miles Morales and the Scorpion's Sting?
    Better make it "Miles Morales and the Sting of the Scorpion," just to be safe. The more "ofs", the better!
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

Better make it "Miles Morales and the Sting of the Scorpion," just to be safe. The more "ofs", the better!
    Miles Morales and the Zap of Electro?

Miles Morales and the Mystery of the Triskelion?

Miles Morales and the pains of Puberty?
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Better then how DC would do it and not even have the trades numbered at all.
    True. I was browsing the Green Lantern trades at my LCS awhile back and couldn't tell what was what. None of the trades were numbered, and none of them listed which issues were collected within. I had to pull out my phone and grab a trade listing from Wikipedia.

Miles Morales and the Zap of Electro?

Miles Morales and the Mystery of the Triskelion?

Miles Morales and the pains of Puberty?
    You're getting quite good at this.
    ~Gregory Maguire

BANNED

But this way you can grab a sharpie and name them yourself!

"Ultimate Comics The Ultimates Vol 1.: The Epic Bromantic Adventures of Thor and Tony!" (Silly titles to counteract the epic, serious nature of the title.)

"Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man Vol. 1: Miles Morales and the Spider of Forty-Two." (All subsequent graphic novels in this series shall be named per Harry Potter style, as well. "Miles Morales and his Nasty Uncle." "Miles Morales and the Mysterio Portal.")

"Ultimate Comics: X-Men Vol. 1: Science and Faith." (An actual, realistic/deep name for one.)
    OR

Ultimate Comics: The Ultimates Vol 1: The Republic is Burning

Ultimate Comics: The Ultimates Vol 2: Two Cities. Two Worlds.

Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man Vol 1: Introduction

Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man Vol 2: The Prowler

(I haven't got a clue what the UC:XM arcs are called. But as far I know they haven't been released in tpb yet so who knows)

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    OR

Ultimate Comics: The Ultimates Vol 1: The Republic is Burning

Ultimate Comics: The Ultimates Vol 2: Two Cities. Two Worlds.

Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man Vol 1: Introduction

Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man Vol 2: The Prowler

(I haven't got a clue what the UC:XM arcs are called. But as far I know they haven't been released in tpb yet so who knows)
    You mean...you don't like "Ultimate Comics The Ultimates Vol 1.: The Epic Bromantic Adventures of Thor and Tony!"
    ~Gregory Maguire

BANNED

You mean...you don't like "Ultimate Comics The Ultimates Vol 1.: The Epic Bromantic Adventures of Thor and Tony!"
    I prefer Miles Morales and his Nasty Uncle.

Ultimate Comics: The Ultimates: Ultimate New Ultimates

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    Ultimate Comics: The Ultimates: Ultimate New Ultimates
    Ultiminception. Hey that would be a great name for an arc.

Here's a thought on what you can do with my "whining" and "crying", exactly what I'm going to do to your posts from now on, ignore them!
    I see myself helping you, by pointing out the flawed logic in your rants, you either publicly show either your own stubborness or coming to your senses, like you did with Spider-Men.
    I post my thoughts online because I want to, not because I crave your input and feedback.
    And by posting thoughts online, you engage in conversations.
    Also, you're missing the most important part of all, something that could have saved us both several posts: I never said I dislike Young Justice.
    Completely irrelevant, doesn't change the fact your posts we're aimless and ignorant, complaining about Weisman without having seemingly any understanding of his past work and credit, but just complaining for the sake of complaining on the extended main cast.

"Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    Ultiminception. Hey that would be a great name for an arc.
    Ultimate Comics: Ultimate Ultimatum 2: Electric Boogaloeb

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    I prefer Miles Morales and his Nasty Uncle.
    Ew, that sounds like something I'd see on L&O: SVU

BANNED

Ultimate Comics: Ultimate Ultimate Man