Page 102 of 334 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 5000
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    I literally typed that in right after I watched it. It looks so cliche, Lizard looks like crap, the dialogue was terrible, filtered lighting, overacting, and terrible CGI.
    Not surprised, this feels like an uninspired project, simply done to cash in on the recent trend of remakes and reboots. Would have been nice if the rights to Spidey went to Marvel Studios, that would have ensured the Webhead's participation in The Avengers.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrV View Post
    Not surprised, this feels like an uninspired project, simply done to cash in on the recent trend of remakes and reboots. Would have been nice if the rights to Spidey went to Marvel Studios, that would have ensured the Webhead's participation in The Avengers.
    Oh it was. Raimi said he couldn't meet the 2011 deadline and said it would need to be 2012, Sony said no. Raimi quit along with Tobey. Sony announces a 2012 Spider-Man film on the SAME FREAKING DAY! They also already had a script written for a reboot. Bunch of greedy assholes. They're the reason Spider-Man 3 sucked. Venom wasn't supposed to be in the movie, Raimi never wanted to use Venom in his saga. Sony forced it in and we got the crappy third film. Now Sony is in complete control.

Oh it was. Raimi said he couldn't meet the 2011 deadline and said it would need to be 2012, Sony said no. Raimi quit along with Tobey. Sony announces a 2012 Spider-Man film on the SAME FREAKING DAY! They also already had a script written for a reboot. Bunch of greedy assholes. They're the reason Spider-Man 3 sucked. Venom wasn't supposed to be in the movie, Raimi never wanted to use Venom in his saga. Sony forced it in and we got the crappy third film. Now Sony is in complete control.
    I think there were more reasons as to why Spider-Man 3 sucked. The dancing. The hair style. Tropher Garce. It wasn't so much one big mistake as it was a series of smaller mistakes. I actually liked that Venom got involved, but I think it could have been done a whole lot better. The problem is I don't think the studio really cared because the movie made so much money. More than enough to justify it's creation. X3 had the same problem. Fox really didn't care about fan reactions because it ended up making so much money. Then when a movie like X-men First Class comes along that is praised by both fans and critics alike, it ends up not matching it's sub-par predecessors. So in that sense I wouldn't blame the studios. I would blame the overall masses that saw these movies in droves, which just encourages the studios to make more movies like them. The studios are businesses. If something makes them money, they'll keep doing it until that changes. It's a sad fact of life.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by Time_to_Zap View Post
    Well, Bart does get on everybody's nerves a little bit once in awhile...

EDIT: I just thought of the perfect couple's name for Kitty and Iceman: Bobcat!!!!!
    It's BobKat, and people have been using it for a while now, like since five seconds after Bobby kissed her.
    Iceman! Archangel! Black Widow! Hercules! Ghost Rider! Darkstar!
    Because the world STILL needs Champions..!

The Bobby Drake/ Iceman Appreciation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Icefanatic View Post
    It's BobKat, and people have been using it for a while now, like since five seconds after Bobby kissed her.
    Dammit.

Oh, well. At least I coined "Aniccan" (Anole + Wiccan.) Just you wait-it'll happen, once that pesky Hulklimg is out of the way.
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    + Edge, Dark and Young Justice. Thats 7 franchises that DC promotes.
    Well if those count, then why not Marvel Adventures? Or Marvel Cosmic? Or you could even call Ultimate a franchise. Captain America has three ongoings now, does that count? Like I said, if you get nitpicky, you can find more. But the point is, both companies have their main books that serve as the pillars of their release schedule. All I'm saying, and you really don't seem to get this, is that both companies do the same thing. You've said that there's diversity in the bottom of DC's lineup, which is true, but you haven't shown me any in their popular books.

Black Panther gets canceled like i said, Thunderbolts is reaching cancellation numbers, SHIELD is just a limited series am i correct? Punisher is also a sinking ship, but Daredevil climbed in December with 500 new readers, not the best climb, but a climb is a climb for what CBR called the #1 comic of 2011.
    Yet those books, other than Black Panther, still exist. They might not all be the most popular series (though, Daredevil is still doing well), but they're still different from the four franchises you say Marvel has reduced everything down to.

Like i said the only Avengers they're really pushing is Valkyrie thru Fearless. What have any of these female characters done recently to get fans excited? Squirrel Girl is just a nanny who got an backstory with Wolverine, Spider-Woman and Hawkeye are now dating and thats really about it, right?
    Victoria Hand is an important part of the current storyline. Spider-woman's relationship with Hawkeye has been a subplot for a while now. Storm joined the Avengers. Jessica Jones has been debating whether or not to remain an Avenger. There might not be any major developments, but that doesn't discount their presence.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

I literally typed that in right after I watched it. It looks so cliche, Lizard looks like crap, the dialogue was terrible, filtered lighting, overacting, and terrible CGI.
    The dialogue and acting is no worse than it was in the original Raimi film. That movie is cheesy as hell. And while I don't really care for the Lizard design or the new Spider suit, the CGI looks pretty good so far. No doubt this will be better than Spider-man 3, and I think it has the chance to be just as good as the first two.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Time_to_Zap View Post
    Dammit.

Oh, well. At least I coined "Aniccan" (Anole + Wiccan.) Just you wait-it'll happen, once that pesky Hulklimg is out of the way.
    Well, the Children's Crusade isn't over yet, and anything could happen in that final chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    The dialogue and acting is no worse than it was in the original Raimi film. That movie is cheesy as hell. And while I don't really care for the Lizard design or the new Spider suit, the CGI looks pretty good so far. No doubt this will be better than Spider-man 3, and I think it has the chance to be just as good as the first two.
    I had major reservations about this movie until I watched the new trailer. I am in.

Emma Stone and Dennis Leary look like they're going to steal this movie from Andrew Garfield, and I'm okay with that.

My only remaining concern is that I hope they remembered to make it funny. That's an integral part of the character that Hollywood might very well overlook in the name of "dark and gritty."

Not really feeling the new trailer. The movie has everything that should appeal to me, but growing up on the rami movies. I was 10 when spider-man came out and its always going to be one of the biggest memories in my life. its what really got me into comics.
    Dc: Action Comics/Animal Man/Swamp Thing/Earth-2/Green Arrow/Batman/Threshold/Batwoman/Justice League/Green Lantern/Teen Titans/Superman/Justice League Dark/I,Vampire.

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post

That is true.

I've already told you that DC still shows more variety even with pushing on Batman. Avengers' is the top franchise at Marvel right now and the only female they're really pushing out right now is just Valkyrie for example. Luke Cage might be a leader, but he just gets his ass kicked over and over again.

Check out this beatiful Wonder Woman #9 cover:

Great tribute to Marston, having Wondy all tied up nicely. <3
    Man, that cover is awesome! Cliff Chiang is killing it on that book.

The new trailer for The Amazing Spider-Man confirms my suspicions. This looks like utter crap.
    Are you CRAZY?! That trailer kicked ass! I am so pumped for it!

I don't think it can top the first Spiderman film with Tobey simply because that one was a masterpiece, cheesy lines and all. Like RockyBanks said, I just hope that it's funny.
    Aquaman Aquaman and the Others Batman Batman and Robin Justice League Wonder Woman Star Trek Brilliant Black Science Manifest Destiny Morning Glories Saga Shutter The Wake

I gotta agree with Wyo on the new Amazing Spider-Man trailer. Looks like crap and from that one it makes Peter seem like a douchebag, not a lovable loser. I'm still gonna see it because I loved the first Spidey movie, but I'm prepared for failure.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

Quote Originally Posted by MrV View Post
    Well, the Children's Crusade isn't over yet, and anything could happen in that final chapter.
    Hopefully Hulkling and Wiccan break up...then Anole and Wiccan can hook up after AvX is done...maybe Billy will even transfer to the JGSHL!
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

If Kitty were to start dating an alternate universe version of herself they'd be called Kit Kat...

sorry.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Elder Member

So Balfro, what did you think of the new trailer for The Amazing Spider-Man?