Page 54 of 334 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Hehe, yeah it's the officially "not Alien" prequel but totally is one.

Bendis confirms Moon Knight gets canceled with #12, waiting on oversized hardcover collecting the whole story! :) Man April is gonna be so interesting. Marvel is literally canceling all titles more or less and just pushing out Fantastic Four, Spidey, Avengers and Wolverine and charging 3.99$ it's gonna be interesting can the fanbase of those 4 fanbases help them out or is AvX just gonna make people say F-It. :p
    So Prometheus is a prequel to Alien? Do you think I'd need to see Alien to understand some of Prometheus? I've admittedly never seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    SUPERMAN
    4. Superboy
    3. Action Comics
    2. Superman
    1. Supergirl

BATMAN
    11. Batman: The Dark Knight
    10. Red Hood and the Outlaws
    9. Catwoman
    8. Batwoman
    7. Nightwing
    6. Detective Comics
    5. Batman and Robin
    4. Birds of Prey
    3. Batwing
    2. Batman
    1. Batgirl

GREEN LANTERN
    4. Red Lanterns
    3. Green Lantern Corps
    2. Green Lantern: New Guardians
    1. Green Lantern

JUSTICE LEAGUE
    11. Mister Terrific
    10. The Savage Hawkman
    9. Green Arrow
    8. Justice League International
    7. The Fury of Firestorm: The Nuclear Men
    6. Captain Atom
    5. The Flash
    4. DC Universe Presents
    3. Wonder Woman
    2. Justice League
    1. Aquaman
    Aquaman!! That's what I'm talking about. =p I'm so pumped for Wednesday's issue.

I would thoroughly enjoy Batwing if it wasn't for that god damned art though. THERE ARE NO BACKGROUNDS! It drives me insane.

Could you give me a rundown on Birds of Prey? What's it about?
    Aquaman • Aquaman and the Others • Batman • Batman and Robin • Justice League • Wonder Woman • Star Trek • Brilliant • Black Science • Manifest Destiny • Morning Glories • Saga • Shutter • The Wake

Elder Member

Former C.I.A. Agent's message to America

Agent to all Americans: YOU ARE THE RESISTANCE

Quote Originally Posted by Sinx View Post
    So Prometheus is a prequel to Alien? Do you think I'd need to see Alien to understand some of Prometheus? I've admittedly never seen it.
    It is, but it isn't. It started as a prequel then they said it wasn't, then they said it was, then they said it wasn't, this continued for a LONG time. It was currently on not a prequel last time I checked.

Aquaman!! That's what I'm talking about. =p I'm so pumped for Wednesday's issue.
    I'm hoping they back off of the "Aquaman is a joke" thing a bit, it's getting really annoying. I prefer him campy, but I never saw him as a joke. I grew up on the DCAU and I LOVED him in Justice League Unlimited.

I would thoroughly enjoy Batwing if it wasn't for that god damned art though. THERE ARE NO BACKGROUNDS! It drives me insane.
    For me writing is more important. I don't really notice the lack of backgrounds lol.

Could you give me a rundown on Birds of Prey? What's it about?
    Like what has the plot been or what is the overall concept?
    Last edited by wyokid; 01-24-2012 at 03:13 AM.

So has anyone here seen that new show Alcatraz? I saw the premier and while I've often had a hard time keeping up with J. J. Abrams's plots, this one was actually really engaging. It had action, mystery, and a touch of supernatural intrigue. Since 24 is over and Chuck is ending this week, I've been on the look-out for another series to fill the void. This one looks like it has potential and hopefully won't get as convoluted as Lost. Anyone else have an opinion?
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Former C.I.A. Agent's message to America

It is, but it isn't. It started as a prequel then they said it wasn't, then they said it was, then they said it wasn't, this continued for a LONG time. It was currently on not a prequel last time I checked.

I'm hoping they back off of the "Aquaman is a joke" thing a bit, it's getting really annoying. I prefer him campy, but I never saw him as a joke. I grew up on the DCAU and I LOVED him in Justice League Unlimited.

For me writing is more important. I don't really notice the lack of backgrounds lol.

Like what has the plot been or what is the overall concept?
    I'm betting they'll back off of the "Aquaman's a joke" thing in this next arc at least. It seems to be just about him getting out of the desert.

Yea I was asking about both the plot and overall concept. =p

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    So has anyone here seen that new show Alcatraz? I saw the premier and while I've often had a hard time keeping up with J. J. Abrams's plots, this one was actually really engaging. It had action, mystery, and a touch of supernatural intrigue. Since 24 is over and Chuck is ending this week, I've been on the look-out for another series to fill the void. This one looks like it has potential and hopefully won't get as convoluted as Lost. Anyone else have an opinion?
    I have not seen Alcatraz but I added it to my Hulu queue! For some reason, Chuck hasn't been putting new episodes up on Hulu so I'm going to have to find a way to get my hands on it. It's a lot harder now that the government shut down Megaupload. All of the other file sharing websites are getting cold feet and shutting down of their own will now.
    Aquaman • Aquaman and the Others • Batman • Batman and Robin • Justice League • Wonder Woman • Star Trek • Brilliant • Black Science • Manifest Destiny • Morning Glories • Saga • Shutter • The Wake

I saw the premiere. DVR'd last night's episode, but haven't watched it yet.

It's pretty decent. Very much the same methodology as J.J. Abrams's other shows: mysterious supernatural concept, mostly unknown actors, each episode ends with a surprise revelation about the overall puzzle.

If you like Fringe or Lost, you'll like this.

2. Batman
    1. Batgirl
    Heresy.

2. Everything else.
    1. Batman
    Fixed.

Elder Member

I'm betting they'll back off of the "Aquaman's a joke" thing in this next arc at least. It seems to be just about him getting out of the desert.
    That sounds like the complete oppisite! In fact, it sound like the start of a joke. "So Aquaman is trapped in this desert..."

Yea I was asking about both the plot and overall concept. =p
    Okay well the main concept is written in the book which is "Black Canary, a martial artist with a sonic scream that can shatter your skull. Batgirl, Gotham's brilliant vigilante. Katana, a mysterious samurai who wields a soul-stealing mystical sword. Posion Ivy, a slightly crazed eco-terrorist who controls plant life. Starling, a master spy who knows a thousand ways to make you bleed. Together they've sworn to fight those who think they're above the law. Together they are Birds of Prey".

The first arc is still going and they've been recruiting, but along the way the rescue this guy and are helping him get somewhere when all of a sudden he explodes. It's revealed that there's a secret organization that implants people with bombs. There's more to it than that, but I don't want to spoil anything.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    Heresy.

Fixed.
    With the way women have been treated in the reboot it's incredibly refreshing to see a book making the correct choices. Batman is more like 1.5 really.

With the way women have been treated in the reboot it's incredibly refreshing to see a book making the correct choices. Batman is more like 1.5 really.
    Maaaaan, Batman #5 was absolutely orgasmic. I've heard good things about both Batwoman and Batgirl, but I firmly assert that Snyder's Batman is the best book on the shelves right now.

EDIT: Hmm, 800 posts. Time to start thinking about what I'll do for my 1000th.

Elder Member

Batman #5 was perfect. I haven't enjoyed a DC comic that much in a long time.

Batgirl is great, I loved the issue with Nightwing.

Batwoman is really lacking in the story department. It's very paint-by-numbers and cliche. The art though is fantastic.

It's unofficially a prequel, but nah you don't need to know anything. Don't worry Sinx!
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

One of my classmates told me about it and she said she didnt like it but the polt sounded interested so on Monday I watch the premier episodes and lasts night and I didnt like it.

I still think the plot is very interesting and but at least right now I have no interest in seeing them go after 60 or so inmates so by the end of the first episode I was allready turned off and Mondays episode I did not care for at all.

I am very interested though to find the answers as to whats going on becuase I love that concept of never ageing and what really happened on the island.

I love the cast so far and the acting is pretty good but with the things being like they are now Ill pass and maybe watch key moments or episodes down the road.

April Marvel Comics

Everything is better with Gorillas:

Walter Simonson draws modern Thor:

Supercrooks #2 solicitations!

Supercrooks #2
    Mark Millar (W) • Leinil Yu(A/C)
    Variant Cover By Bryan Hitchjohnny Bolt Is A Villain Living In A World Where Pickings Are Slim And The “Heroes” Are Everywhere. Now, With Little Left To Lose, He’s Convincing His Pals That Their Last, Best Hope Lies Overseas. But Will Culture Shock Get To Them Before The Policνa Do? Continuing The High-Stakes Escapade From The Creative Team That Brought You Superior!
    32 Pgs./Mature …$2.99
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    It's unofficially a prequel, but nah you don't need to know anything. Don't worry Sinx!
    Good good. I'll have to check it out then.

Hey Balfro (and everyone) you're pretty much "Ultimate Marvel" only, so haha how do you feel about this:

Meet Marcus Johnson, the son of Nick Fury and the new go-to-guy for Avengers, you know? Since the Nick Fury in movies is black.

The Dark Knight Rises is inspired by:
    Nolan says he was seeking to craft "a portrayal of a city and the different strata of people living in it." He and his brother, co-writer Jonathan Nolan, told Entertainment Weekly they had been inspired by Charles Dickens' A Tale of Two Cities and also the silent films of Fritz Lang, who is best known for his sci-fi classic Metropolis.

A Tale of Two Cities was published in 1859. It is set in London and Paris before and during the French Revolution, when the working classes rebelled against the monarchy, aristocracy and Church to achieve social reforms. The 1927 film Metropolis also sees a socially-divided city where labourers want to fight for a better life.

Notably, Dickens' novel has a chapter called Fire Rises; a phrase that is spoken by The Dark Knight Rises villain Bane in the prologue footage and has also been also used in the marketing campaign.

In addition, the book ends with a sacrifice by one character who chooses to redeem his selfish life and take the place of another who faces execution.
    My Blog

Is that guy in the Supercrooks cover wearing the Phoenix symbol???

Oh, hey- where did Ultimate Black Panther go after New Ultimates? I skipped that series. XD
    Last edited by Time_to_Zap; 01-24-2012 at 01:25 PM.
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire