Page 9 of 334 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sinx View Post
    Not quite as creepy as the last one, but captivating nonetheless. I demand more! =p
    Nah, some girl in my class sends them to me. We had an assignment a few weeks back to write something dark and so we just kept writing.

I do make some stories but they tend to be more a bit more "out there"
    "Citizen Kane clearly isn't the greatest movie ever made for one simple reason: The Predator wasn't in it."

So are there any first arcs that are finished in the DCnU? Are there any resources from which I can find how long the story arcs are?
    Aquaman Aquaman and the Others Batman Batman and Robin Justice League Wonder Woman Star Trek Brilliant Black Science Manifest Destiny Morning Glories Saga Shutter The Wake

Elder Member

So are there any first arcs that are finished in the DCnU? Are there any resources from which I can find how long the story arcs are?
    There are indeed! I just cannot remember any of them for the life of me. It's been a VERY long day.

EDIT: Green Lantern just finished it's first arc and Batgirl #1-4 is an arc. Both I highly recommend.
    Last edited by wyokid; 01-11-2012 at 06:53 PM.

The first arc of Mister Terrific has finished but to be honest I didnt think it was any good.

Quote Originally Posted by Samorai_black View Post
    The first arc of Mister Terrific has finished but to be honest I didnt think it was any good.
    I got Mr. Terrific #4 and I was like ... who thought this was a good idea?
    I brought the last issue but after reading #4, I'm not too eager to read it. Man the 1st issue was pretty good and they've been dropping the ball.

Still better then Green Arrow though. I dropped that mess at issue 2.

Batgirl finished it's first arc last month, I believe.
    Any scientist who isn't willing to kill for science isn't really a scientist at all.

Elder Member

IGN's Most Wanted Comics of 2012

Click on the link to find out why IGN is looking forward to:
    • Animal Man/Swamp Thing
    • Athos in America
    • Avengers vs X-Men
    • Batman: Death By Design
    • Cow Boy
    • Fatale
    • Justice Society of America
    • The Massive
    • Peter Panzerfaust
    • Saga
    • Secret Avengers
    • Saucer Country
    • Winter Soldier
    Last edited by wyokid; 01-11-2012 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    I got Mr. Terrific #4 and I was like ... who thought this was a good idea?
    I brought the last issue but after reading #4, I'm not too eager to read it. Man the 1st issue was pretty good and they've been dropping the ball.

Still better then Green Arrow though. I dropped that mess at issue 2.
    The series started of so well I thought. It had great ideas but I think the execution was and is pretty bad. I have issue 5 and I am a little worried about reading it so I saved it for last. I think I am going to drop it if I am not happy with this issue Im just not sure what to replace it with yet.

@wyokid, did you read Mega Man yet? I think it's the best issue so far.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Samorai_black View Post
    @wyokid, did you read Mega Man yet? I think it's the best issue so far.
    Not yet, my store was sold out

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Not yet, my store was sold out
    That's what a pull box is for. That, and a 25% discount at my store.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    That's what a pull box is for. That, and a 25% discount at my store.
    I already get a discount, I just forgot to grab it this morning and when I went back it was gone

BTW Have you read Bobby and Sam in Mojoworld by Hickman?
    Last edited by wyokid; 01-11-2012 at 07:30 PM.

Wyokid, have you heard I See Stars's new song? =o It's pretty good until just before 3:00 where there's some heavy auto-tuning. They're definitely incorporating a lot more electronics on this new album. I don't get why they would post new stuff though; the album doesn't come out for over year. Lol.
    Aquaman Aquaman and the Others Batman Batman and Robin Justice League Wonder Woman Star Trek Brilliant Black Science Manifest Destiny Morning Glories Saga Shutter The Wake

Guys, I need to tap into the collective sagely wisdom of the Ultimate Forum. (God help us all.)

When your tastes in comics change, and you find that you no longer enjoy a particular series that you've subscribed to for years, do you drop the title immediately, or wait for a jumping-off point?

See, I've read this book for years, but I've matured as a reader since I first pulled it, and it winds up at the bottom of my reading list every month. I read my other books first, then I look at this one like "Oh, yeah. You again. Ugh."

I thought for some time that the book had dipped in quality somehow, but after revisiting the early issues that I started with, I found that the book has always been this way. It's me that's changed, and the new me thinks this book is crap.

So now I'm spending $4 a month on a book I don't like, and I've got probably $240 worth of back issues I'll never care to read again.

On the other hand...

...this series is in the middle of a major storyline, and is only a few months away from a change in writers, which will present me with a clean jumping-off point.

I'm going to feel really weird about dropping this book so abruptly after I've followed it religiously for years. I'm thinking a clean jump-off point would make the transition a little easier to swallow.

What do you guys think?

Elder Member

Wyokid, have you heard I See Stars's new song? =o It's pretty good until just before 3:00 where there's some heavy auto-tuning. They're definitely incorporating a lot more electronics on this new album. I don't get why they would post new stuff though; the album doesn't come out for over year. Lol.
    Their new album comes out on the 13th in March dude. Lol

I'm looking up the song now.

EDIT: OMFG! That is fucking amazing!
    Last edited by wyokid; 01-11-2012 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    Guys, I need to tap into the collective sagely wisdom of the Ultimate Forum. (God help us all.)

When your tastes in comics change, and you find that you no longer enjoy a particular series that you've subscribed to for years, do you drop the title immediately, or wait for a jumping-off point?

See, I've read this book for years, but I've matured as a reader since I first pulled it, and it winds up at the bottom of my reading list every month. I read my other books first, then I look at this one like "Oh, yeah. You again. Ugh."

I thought for some time that the book had dipped in quality somehow, but after revisiting the early issues that I started with, I found that the book has always been this way. It's me that's changed, and the new me thinks this book is crap.

So now I'm spending $4 a month on a book I don't like, and I've got probably $240 worth of back issues I'll never care to read again.

On the other hand...

...this series is in the middle of a major storyline, and is only a few months away from a change in writers, which will present me with a clean jumping-off point.

I'm going to feel really weird about dropping this book so abruptly after I've followed it religiously for years. I'm thinking a clean jump-off point would make the transition a little easier to swallow.

What do you guys think?
    I have dropped 2 books while reading about 5-10 pages so for me it's not a problem to drop a book I have no interest in.

It sounds to me that you want to finish this last arc up though so I say go for it. At least this way if you do want to get rid of the comics you can give someone a complete set of arcs.

If it really gets to the point where you cant even finish an issue they I would have to tell you to just end it now and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    I already get a discount, I just forgot to grab it this morning and when I went back it was gone

BTW Have you read Bobby and Sam in Mojoworld by Hickman?
    HENCE! What a pull box is for. :smh:
    Any scientist who isn't willing to kill for science isn't really a scientist at all.