Page 5 of 334 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor M. View Post

I can already tell I'm going to love it.
    AH! You can feel it in your heart. Me too buddy, me too.
    Any scientist who isn't willing to kill for science isn't really a scientist at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    I'm thinking of doing the same but on what? I was thinking the galaxy song from Monty Python for the astronomy class I'm going to teach this semester since I love that song but it's too short and the song is just too damn catchy
    As odd and sometimes stupid as of an idea it's really streets ahead. I remember having to learn the "bone dance" from Hannah Montana in bio when I was in high school and I still know it and use it to this day. The students who want to pass will remember it for sure.

I just got some Negima (manga) not too long ago. That book is A++ and the cartoon is C- at best.
    I have not read or watch this series. If its not Naruto, One Piece, or Bleach I am behind on manga. I will have to take a look at it though.

If you dont mind subtitles I think the anime Katanagatari is an amazing series and its only 12 episodes at 50 minutes each.

BANNED

I'm like the wikipedia of users apparently lol

MrV

What comics are you most looking forward to tomorrow?
    Ha! Really?

Only UC: X-Men #6, though all my favorite X-Men have been dead since 2008 and this title is not fun like I expected. I will continue to collect it for the sake of my collection, but I am not enjoying it. What a disappointing book. -___-

The only comics I am buying right now are from Ultimate Marvel. I wanted to get into Wolverine & The X-Men but since I already missed most of the story arc I will wait for the TBP and read it at Barness & Noble.

I might ask the comic book guy if he has any Hellboy comics, waiting for the TBP for him is tedious and I want to read more of my favorite red brute's paranormal adventures.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sinx View Post
    Ah ok. Well let me know when you get to it!

I want that statue. I just need some cool stuff to set on my desk. A jar of change just isn't doing it for me.
    Will do!

LOL I HAD Transformers, but I ran out of room and had to move them.

Drz doesn't care about your opinion.
    But this is what I'm talking about. You still care about his opinion of you.
    I know he doesn't like me. I just don't like that he has me on ignore. There have been several times where I wanted to ask him a question that I knew he would know the answer to, but I can't.

You get over sensitive when people think you do drugs.
    I used to be. I was like this because apparently I fit the profile of a druggie. I had my locker searched more times than I can count, I've had a teacher come to my house (I think I told that story), and a few amount of my high school friends did drugs. It just got on my nerves.

You get over sensitive when people think you're not sure about your sexuality.
    It's because it took my so long to get comfortable with who I am.

And I'm a guy you never met before. How are you in RL when these things come up?
    Now? Perfectly fine. Ask me in high school (where most of this stuff is coming from) I'd have been freaking out.

But you got to realize that Drz put you on ignore for a reason and instead of saying "Fuck it" and moving on .... you want me to post/quote that you like DCnU so Drz can notice and put you off ignore?!

And so you can share your opinions with him again? :facepalm: That's a recipe for disaster.

But okay, Drz! Wyokid loves

Supergirl
    Batman and Robin
    Superman
    Action Comics he finally admits is in good hands.
    and there's other comics in the DCnU he likes as well now

won't you please take him off ignore.
    Again, all I've been wanting is to ask him questions and get his opinion on a couple of DC stuff.

I haven't put you on ignore yet so that should say something.
    That's because you love me

I know you do like the Ultimate books ... I'm just not sure which ones lol

And how do you like the Scarlet Spider ... that book comes out tomorrow.
    I'm actually REALLY looking forward to Scarlet Spider. Which is saying a lot because it's a 616 title
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Elder Member

Tis true, he really hates 616. Although he totally should read Spider-Island

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Tis true, he really hates 616. Although he totally should read Spider-Island

So apparently the only requirements for being a host to the all-powerful, all-consuming Phoenix Force are to A) be a girl with B) green eyes and C) red hair. I guess that means MJ Watson qualifies...
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Time_to_Zap View Post
    So apparently the only requirements for being a host to the all-powerful, all-consuming Phoenix Force are to A) be a girl with B) green eyes and C) red hair. I guess that means MJ Watson qualifies...
    Oh don't tempt them! They'll do it too!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Time_to_Zap View Post
    Franklin Richards broke the rule in Ultimate X-Men/Fantastic Four Annual and Ultimate Fantastic Four/X-Men Annual.

Elder Member

So this is the new OT thread? Looks kinda crummy.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    So this is the new OT thread? Looks kinda crummy.
    Urght! Needs moar redheads!

So just saw "The Devil Inside." I thought it was really creepy. I also got a preview for GI Joe 2, it made me want to see it, but the first one was possibly the worst movie I've ever seen. I'm conflicted.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

Elder Member

Devil Inside sucked ass!

I'll see it and let you know what I think. I'm a huge Joe fan, first film pissed me off (not as much as Transformers mind you). My BIGGEST problem is that the director of G.I. Joe: Retaliation's only credits are the Step Up films and Justin Bieber: Never Say Never.

EDIT:Oh shit! Reese and Wernick wrote the screenplay! I love those guys! They did Zombieland are writing Deadpool.
    Last edited by wyokid; 01-11-2012 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thecrimson View Post
    Just letting you guys know I'm leaving CBR after today. I don't know if I'll come back, but I think it's obvious it's time to take a much needed break.
    Take care brother bear.

It's been four issues we don't know this. We know that she likes to have sex, there are plenty of men and women that like to have sex just to have sex. I didn't see Roy Harper go .
    You have to remember that alot of people who while being atheist have huge influence on christian values, now i don't see whats so wrong about people enjoying sex. Scott Lodbell is pretty much taking the character back to her roots, while hinting towards her past as a Teen Titan, in #4 she is hurt and wishes Richard was there for her.

I still don't see whats so bad about men and women just enjoying casual sex, the problem i'd have if Starfire didn't give a fuck, because she is all about caring, she cares for her new partners Jason and Roy, they are her friends and #3 gives alot of monologue about her.
    Drz do you have that link? because I know Wyokid is going to ask for it.
    Brother bear, best to google the words: Scott Lobdell Comicvine, he did TONS of Q&A there. =)
    Everybody is crapping on Starfire because of information we got from Jason Todd who also had no problems engaging in meaningless sex with Starfire.
    Jason loves some casual sex, but yeah clearly Starfire is just letting them have fun, they aint macho awesomeness, they just got lucky. Why is it that a man who gets alot of women is cheered and called a player, but a woman who does the same is insulted as a slut or worse: a whore? People love sex, they shouldn't be sorry about it.
    Maybe Red Hood and the Outlaws used a lot of T&A for their first issue but ONE issue shouldn't condemn a character because of how they were shown in that one issue. True it was a number one and it's suppose to keep everything that remains true to the character but for me I didn't see that much of a difference in Starfire.
    Yeah, there isn't really any major difference to her original introduction, but she is keeping secrets from people, thats part of a mystery of her.
    Marvel does a better job at keeping continuity but you also have to take into account Marvel is younger and they don't update their characters with any year ones.
    Oh lord Marvel does alot of bad with continuity too but it seems Marvel fans pay less attention to it as well, 2 examples:

- Dracula was turned into a more anime-esque character and everything Paul Cornell did to the character seems to have been ignored.
    - Greg Rucka's Relaunch on Punisher makes Punisher young again, he isn't a Vietnam veteran but a Gulf war soldier now, that makes the characters ENTIRE history as questionable as anything the DC relaunch haters can ponder.
    He notices .... I think!
    Yeah, i do.

It doesn't really matter to me if she is for the worst in this new DCnU. I don't think that has been fully revealed to us yet. The DCnU is still "NEW" lol
    Scott Lobdell said he had a plan for how he wants Red Hood to go and I think he's a decent enough writer to say "okay, I'll stick with it."
    I'm very curious on the direction Red Hood will go, this is my personal theory:

Notice the 2 designs by Kenneth? Extremely JRPG influenced and a slice of 2000, man Andy Kubert's beatiful steampunk inspired designs cream of timeless creativity to me, but back to the point: The left one seems like Raven, like a total JRPG make over for her, could she become an Outlaw? I'd love that! The right one? Blond Hair and Green make me think of COUNT VERTIGO! Man! The Outlaws going againts an evil tyrant of a small European continent? DO WANT! DO WANT!
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog