Page 3 of 334 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    Okay lets look at this shall we.

It's been four issues we don't know this. We know that she likes to have sex, there are plenty of men and women that like to have sex just to have sex. I didn't see Roy Harper go ...

"Hey Starfire I can't just have meanignless sex. I've got to be in a relationship!"

Starfire hangs around both Roy and Jason because she likes them. Maybe she always wanted to sleep with Roy, it was confirmed by Scott Lobdell that she does remember her teammates.

Drz do you have that link? because I know Wyokid is going to ask for it.

Everybody is crapping on Starfire because of information we got from Jason Todd who also had no problems engaging in meaningless sex with Starfire.

Why are people just condemning her without hearing her part of the story?

Maybe Red Hood and the Outlaws used a lot of T&A for their first issue but ONE issue shouldn't condemn a character because of how they were shown in that one issue. True it was a number one and it's suppose to keep everything that remains true to the character but for me I didn't see that much of a difference in Starfire.

You did. I can accept that. Can you see that I don't really care how Starfire is portrayed?

Have you ever thought that maybe ... DC has a vague idea themselves. DC's main goal has always been to tell good stories, not keep continuity.

They have so much history and so many reboots I think it's impossible for them to keep what's canon and what is not.

Marvel does a better job at keeping continuity but you also have to take into account Marvel is younger and they don't update their characters with any year ones.

The best DC could do is say that what's canon is all the popular stories and the ones that didnt work are not canon anymore.

That works for me. The other part of the adventure is just reading the stories and see what they are keeping and what they aren't.

He writes a mean Teen Titans book, loved the last issue.
    Are you going to break down EVERYTHING I said? Drz only sees my posts quoted so he is getting none of the praise and despite how he feels about me I do want him to know that I am liking DC.

Roy specifically asked her about her teammates, she said she couldn't remember. Every issue after #1 screams rewrite because they contradict stuff that was in the first issue. Some of the stuff only confirms what was said in issue #1. Also I could give crap about what Lobdell says in an interview because I don't trust him as a writer. All that matters is what is in the book. I get that YOU don't care and I respect that, what I am seeing is that people won't respect anyone who does. Which appearently until now it was including you.

The continuity I don't really care too much about anymore. If I recognize stuff it's canon, if not oh well. What does bother me is when the writer says they are keeping the character the same or respecting the history and they end up like Starfire. I'm just along for the ride for the most part.

I'm not there yet, but I've read more than enough of his work to make an opinion on it.

Let's see

It does more wrong then it does things right.

Starfire is now a whore that has meaningless sex.

DC needs to treat women better, even though they have more female titles then Marvel

DC should tell you what's still cannon and what's not cannon ... even though you dont look for that information anyway because they may contain spoilers and you like to go in FRESH!!!

Scott Lobdell is a horrible writer.

You love Superman and Supergirl, while you're patiently waiting for Action Comics to come up to modern times.

Batman is fun to read. You're only reading Batman and Robin because of the dog which you are probably disappointed on because there hasn't been enough k-9 in Batman and Robin

You hate what they've done to Krypto.

All in all, the DCnU is growing on you but you still don't like it that much.
    that's what you think in a nutshell.
    Do me next.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Samorai_black View Post
    Do me next.

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    The best part of that post was waiting for you to post something witty and you did not fail.

Are you going to break down EVERYTHING I said? Drz only sees my posts quoted so he is getting none of the praise and despite how he feels about me I do want him to know that I am liking DC.
    He notices .... I think!

Roy specifically asked her about her teammates, she said she couldn't remember. Every issue after #1 screams rewrite because they contradict stuff that was in the first issue. Some of the stuff only confirms what was said in issue #1. Also I could give crap about what Lobdell says in an interview because I don't trust him as a writer. All that matters is what is in the book. I get that YOU don't care and I respect that, what I am seeing is that people won't respect anyone who does. Which appearently until now it was including you.
    Look man, I know what she said in the first issue and I know what I read about Scott Lobdell's interview. I also know how it came off, I know that a lot of people didn't like it. I didn't mind it. You did.

you keep posting picture after picture of Starfire of how she use to be? Or how you think she use to be? We've said all our respective points on the issue. You're the only one who fights like he has something to prove.

As if this will be the picture that makes them all see that they are wrong and that Starfire is different for the worst.

It doesn't really matter to me if she is for the worst in this new DCnU. I don't think that has been fully revealed to us yet. The DCnU is still "NEW" lol
    Scott Lobdell said he had a plan for how he wants Red Hood to go and I think he's a decent enough writer to say "okay, I'll stick with it."

Issue 3 was pretty damn good and so was issue 4.

The rabbit hole as it were has yet to be explored. Hell I don't think DC even knows what they are fully doing yet and that's the exciting part.

I like that you care so deeply about how women are presented in comics but you're a bit too over zealous on the issue to where you are just coming off preachy.

The continuity I don't really care too much about anymore. If I recognize stuff it's canon, if not oh well. What does bother me is when the writer says they are keeping the character the same or respecting the history and they end up like Starfire. I'm just along for the ride for the most part.

I'm not there yet, but I've read more than enough of his work to make an opinion on it.
    but that's the thing, no writer keeps the character the same. It's always how they viewed said character that the problem everytime a new writer comes on board ... it's his interpretation of that character.

Also as for respecting the history, I think they did that just fine. But some characters went through a radical change ... for whatever reason and maybe it's better, maybe it's not.

DC is a company out to sell books, if too many stop buying because they are doing more wrong then right; the DCnU will revert to the DCoU within the year.

And you will have your old Starfire back.

Plus, I'm going to go ahead and say that it this point you've read more DC and or Marvel then me. So I accept and respect your views on Scott Lobdell and Starfire. I just don't agree with them not that I don't respect them.
    Any scientist who isn't willing to kill for science isn't really a scientist at all.

Do me next.
    Hmmm ... you're a bit harder to do.

You like the fact that Miles Morales is staring as the new Spider-man since "Brothers" are underrepresented in comics. You're a little bit worried that racism will keep Miles from getting the recognition in comics that he deserves but it's Bendis writing him so you're putting your faith in Bendis.

You like Mega Man comics because they remind you of your child hood.

You hate old comics because you can't get use to that style of how they tol stories back in the day.

You also don't care how Starfire is portrayed but mainly because you look at her as foreigner first and as a woman second.

And I think you're enjoying Ghostbusters or Transformers because of Wyokid's recommendations

You really don't talk about things as much as Wyokid does.

Hows medical school going?

Edit: you also really like "Fables" XD
    Any scientist who isn't willing to kill for science isn't really a scientist at all.

Hmmm ... you're a bit harder to do.

You like the fact that Miles Morales is staring as the new Spider-man since "Brothers" are underrepresented in comics. You're a little bit worried that racism will keep Miles from getting the recognition in comics that he deserves but it's Bendis writing him so you're putting your faith in Bendis.

You like Mega Man comics because they remind you of your child hood.

You hate old comics because you can't get use to that style of how they tol stories back in the day.

You also don't care how Starfire is portrayed but mainly because you look at her as foreigner first and as a woman second.

And I think you're enjoying Ghostbusters or Transformers because of Wyokid's recommendations

You really don't talk about things as much as Wyokid does.

Hows medical school going?

Edit: you also really like "Fables" XD
    What about me?
    "Citizen Kane clearly isn't the greatest movie ever made for one simple reason: The Predator wasn't in it."

Wait one minute, like Fables? Jer please, I love Fables. You got a B if this was a test. Also change Transformers to the G.I Joe books.

School going amazingthanks for asking, I had a harder time in high school. This semester is pretty easy class wise. One class we get to learn about death and if comics have thought me anything its that they dont last

How the teaching the next generation? Are we still screwed as a people?

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor M. View Post
    There was this hunter in the woods, who after a long day of hunting, was in the middle of an immense forest. It was getting dark, and having lost his bearings, he decided to head in one direction until he was clear of the increasingly oppressive foliage. After what seemed like hours, he came across a cabin in a small clearing. Realizing how dark it had it had grown, he decided to see if he could stay there for a night. He approached, and found the door ajar. Nobody was inside. The hunter flopped down on the single bed, deciding to explain himself to the owner in the morning. As he looked around, he was surprised to see the walls adorned by many portraits, all painted in incredible detail. Without exception they appeared to be staring down at him, their features twisted into looks of hatred. Staring back, he grew increasingly uncomfortable. Making a concerted effort to ignore the many hateful faces, he turned to face the wall, exhausted he fell into a restless sleep.

Face down in an unfamiliar bed, he turned blinking in unexpected sunlight. Looking up, he discovered that the cabin had no portraits, only windows.
    I really like these creepy stories you've been posting.

Epic post. A+.

Did you ever read The Umbrella Academy? I don't recall you ever saying anything about it.
    Aquaman Aquaman and the Others Batman Batman and Robin Justice League Wonder Woman Star Trek Brilliant Black Science Manifest Destiny Morning Glories Saga Shutter The Wake

Wait one minute, like Fables? Jer please, I love Fables. You got a B if this was a test. Also change Transformers to the G.I Joe books.

School going amazingthanks for asking, I had a harder time in high school. This semester is pretty easy class wise. One class we get to learn about death and if comics have thought me anything its that they dont last

How the teaching the next generation? Are we still screwed as a people?
    A "B" I can't wait to put it on the refrigerator

I start teaching again on the 17th. I just answered an email from a student who wants to know why he got a "D". I wanted to reply,

"Trying buying the text book next time"

Despite the people that I complain about. There are some that really do want to learn.

I had a student that wanted to drop out because she was terrible at math and felt the class was too difficult. She ended up with an "A". It was a lot of hard work for her but she rose to the challenge.

Another girl, who just had a terrible time with test started bugging me about how things were going and what she could do to pass. I was really worried about her and to even our amazement she earned a "C".

I know a "C" is just okay but I'll tell you that "C" was well earned with a lot of hard work and a little luck because that "C" was so close to being a "D" and all because she was a terrible tester. I would informally ask her about concepts and she knew it ... came test time it was just the darnest thing.

But yes, there are far more poorer students out there that if they just gave a damn and paid attention they would do much better. College isnt that hard if you have good listening and note taking skills.

Well at least for my class that's what you need. You remember my final? I allow students to use open notes. The ones that take good notes pass easily, the ones that sat around and did nothing all semester long ... call it "The Widow Maker"

That makes me proud in a weird way.

What about me?

I'll have to get to you after dinner! But I'll do you too if you want.

BANNED

I had a student that wanted to drop out because she was terrible at math and felt the class was too difficult. She ended up with an "A". It was a lot of hard work for her but she rose to the challenge.
    I was just like that my first semester in college. I took a math class and by the midterm I had an F and wanted to drop out because I was not understanding things well. I kept working at it and by the final exams I passed and my semester grade was an A. I did get bad gastritis and some stress related problems but all good!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinx View Post
    I really like these creepy stories you've been posting.
    You, Balfro, and possibly Wolverine12 might be the only ones.

@Balfro I posted my creepy story, where's yours?
    "Citizen Kane clearly isn't the greatest movie ever made for one simple reason: The Predator wasn't in it."

I posted 4 like 10 pages ago. I thought you even replied to them.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Elder Member

He notices .... I think!
    Not with you only quoting the bad he doesn't!

you keep posting picture after picture of Starfire of how she use to be? Or how you think she use to be? We've said all our respective points on the issue. You're the only one who fights like he has something to prove.
    I brought up TC liking RHATO as a joke, Drz was the one who brought up Starfire, then I respond to that, then YOU posted pictures of Starfire, I then posted pictures.

It doesn't really matter to me if she is for the worst in this new DCnU. I don't think that has been fully revealed to us yet. The DCnU is still "NEW" lol
    Scott Lobdell said he had a plan for how he wants Red Hood to go and I think he's a decent enough writer to say "okay, I'll stick with it."

Issue 3 was pretty damn good and so was issue 4.

The rabbit hole as it were has yet to be explored. Hell I don't think DC even knows what they are fully doing yet and that's the exciting part.
    You see RHATO as good, Starfire aside I think the comic is terrible. Difference of tastes. I respect yours and I hope you respect mine.

I like that you care so deeply about how women are presented in comics but you're a bit too over zealous on the issue to where you are just coming off preachy.
    If it were another character it would be different, Starfire was my favorite Titan though so I'm more passionate about it.

but that's the thing, no writer keeps the character the same. It's always how they viewed said character that the problem everytime a new writer comes on board ... it's his interpretation of that character.

Also as for respecting the history, I think they did that just fine. But some characters went through a radical change ... for whatever reason and maybe it's better, maybe it's not.

DC is a company out to sell books, if too many stop buying because they are doing more wrong then right; the DCnU will revert to the DCoU within the year.

And you will have your old Starfire back.

Plus, I'm going to go ahead and say that it this point you've read more DC and or Marvel then me. So I accept and respect your views on Scott Lobdell and Starfire. I just don't agree with them not that I don't respect them.
    I think for the most part they've respected the histories well. Do you like Green Lantern?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinx View Post
    Epic post. A+.

Did you ever read The Umbrella Academy? I don't recall you ever saying anything about it.
    Not yet, it's in my "to read stack though".

I enjoy them as well.