Page 2 of 334 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Jer, Hit Girl and Nemesis 2 previews on Thursday. Hit Girl launches in May. :) Tomorrow we get a taste of Millar+Quitely's Maximus Opus Superhero thing and Friday is Superior #7 preview!
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Jer, Hit Girl and Nemesis 2 previews on Thursday. Hit Girl launches in May. :) Tomorrow we get a taste of Millar+Quitely's Maximus Opus Superhero thing and Friday is Superior #7 preview!
    About time. I can't wait for the Superior Finale.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Same, i think it got delayed because Yu has been put on Marvel gigs like FF #600 and an issue of Avenging Spider-Man and so on. Thats why i see alot of good in the Secret Service and Quitely project, because they aren't tied to do any other work, but Quitely is a slow artist so that will take time anyhow hehe.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    FINALLY!!!!

actually, I think we've talked about a Hit Girl comic coming out in May before and I said my body is never really ready for her because she is just too much woman for me.

2012 promises to be a good year.
    Any scientist who isn't willing to kill for science isn't really a scientist at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    About time. I can't wait for the Superior Finale.
    Yeah, it's been way too long. I think after that, though, I might be done with Millar for the time being. Superior has been pretty cool, but I don't care enough about it to keep up with the delays. If he wasn't paired with such awesome artists, I'd definitely pass.

But I'm sure I'll pick them all up in trade eventually. Supercrooks looks interesting.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Elder Member

Plawsky, you ever pick up Existence 2.0?

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    Yeah, it's been way too long. I think after that, though, I might be done with Millar for the time being. Superior has been pretty cool, but I don't care enough about it to keep up with the delays. If he wasn't paired with such awesome artists, I'd definitely pass.

But I'm sure I'll pick them all up in trade eventually. Supercrooks looks interesting.
    Same here. ... well except for that Hit girl that's coming out.

Plawsky, what 52's do you like so far, I barely hear any of your opinions on them?

Batman and Robin
    Batwoman
    Batwing
    Batgirl
    Superboy
    Action Comics
    Superman

If I remember correctly you said you've been wanting to get into DC for a long time now and just how has the reboot done that for you? Has it worked, has it not?

I know how Wyokid feels on the subject, I need somebody who looks at things .... um differently!
    Any scientist who isn't willing to kill for science isn't really a scientist at all.

Elder Member

Jer, you have no clue how I feel on the subject.

Default Portraits

There was this hunter in the woods, who after a long day of hunting, was in the middle of an immense forest. It was getting dark, and having lost his bearings, he decided to head in one direction until he was clear of the increasingly oppressive foliage. After what seemed like hours, he came across a cabin in a small clearing. Realizing how dark it had it had grown, he decided to see if he could stay there for a night. He approached, and found the door ajar. Nobody was inside. The hunter flopped down on the single bed, deciding to explain himself to the owner in the morning. As he looked around, he was surprised to see the walls adorned by many portraits, all painted in incredible detail. Without exception they appeared to be staring down at him, their features twisted into looks of hatred. Staring back, he grew increasingly uncomfortable. Making a concerted effort to ignore the many hateful faces, he turned to face the wall, exhausted he fell into a restless sleep.

Face down in an unfamiliar bed, he turned blinking in unexpected sunlight. Looking up, he discovered that the cabin had no portraits, only windows.
    "Citizen Kane clearly isn't the greatest movie ever made for one simple reason: The Predator wasn't in it."

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Plawsky, you ever pick up Existence 2.0?
    Not yet, too many trades ahead of it at the moment. I've still got a handful of recent purchases I haven't had time to read yet, and I want to get Morning Glories as well. But i'm sure I will eventually...

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    Plawsky, what 52's do you like so far, I barely hear any of your opinions on them?
    That's because I don't read any of them

If I remember correctly you said you've been wanting to get into DC for a long time now and just how has the reboot done that for you? Has it worked, has it not?
    I decided not to jump in, as tempting as it was. The biggest reason was financial - I just couldn't afford to read it like I want to. I had initially planned to follow around 10 of the books, but I just can't spend that much on comics. I'd much rather DC did something like the Ultimate Universe, and had an alternate, ongoing continuity that was easier to follow. Kind of like Earth One (which I still haven't read), but monthly.

The reboot also wasn't done quite the way I would have wanted it. If all the continuity was new, I'm sure I'd be reading some of it. However, I think they probably made the right choice in keeping a majority of the previous continuity; it just wasn't for me.

I hope to eventually get some of it in cheap back issues or trades, but not for the time being.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Jer, you have no clue how I feel on the subject.
    Let's see

It does more wrong then it does things right.

Starfire is now a whore that has meaningless sex.

DC needs to treat women better, even though they have more female titles then Marvel

DC should tell you what's still cannon and what's not cannon ... even though you dont look for that information anyway because they may contain spoilers and you like to go in FRESH!!!

Scott Lobdell is a horrible writer.

You love Superman and Supergirl, while you're patiently waiting for Action Comics to come up to modern times.

Batman is fun to read. You're only reading Batman and Robin because of the dog which you are probably disappointed on because there hasn't been enough k-9 in Batman and Robin

You hate what they've done to Krypto.

All in all, the DCnU is growing on you but you still don't like it that much.
    that's what you think in a nutshell.

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post

That's because I don't read any of them
    BUT BUT WHY!!!!

I decided not to jump in, as tempting as it was. The biggest reason was financial - I just couldn't afford to read it like I want to.
    Well ... that's the reason I'm down to two marvel books.

Just letting you guys know I'm leaving CBR after today. I don't know if I'll come back, but I think it's obvious it's time to take a much needed break.
    Thank god comic fans are such a tiny little percentage of the audience needed for a successful film because apparently we not only hate fucking everything, we're willing to even pre-hate things...

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    Starfire is now an empty shell that has meaningless sex.

DC should have done a better job at informing what is canon or not.

You love Superman, Action Comics, and Supergirl.

Batman, Batgirl, Batman and Robin, Birds of Prey, Batwing, Detective Comics, and Nightwing are fun to read.

You hate what they've done to Krypto.
    I fixed only what YOU said to make it accurate. There is a ton of stuff that has been left out that I still have to say.

I fixed only what YOU said to make it accurate. There is a ton of stuff that has been left out that I still have to say.
    Okay lets look at this shall we.

Starfire is now an empty shell that has meaningless sex.
    It's been four issues we don't know this. We know that she likes to have sex, there are plenty of men and women that like to have sex just to have sex. I didn't see Roy Harper go ...

"Hey Starfire I can't just have meanignless sex. I've got to be in a relationship!"

Starfire hangs around both Roy and Jason because she likes them. Maybe she always wanted to sleep with Roy, it was confirmed by Scott Lobdell that she does remember her teammates.

Drz do you have that link? because I know Wyokid is going to ask for it.

Everybody is crapping on Starfire because of information we got from Jason Todd who also had no problems engaging in meaningless sex with Starfire.

Why are people just condemning her without hearing her part of the story?

Maybe Red Hood and the Outlaws used a lot of T&A for their first issue but ONE issue shouldn't condemn a character because of how they were shown in that one issue. True it was a number one and it's suppose to keep everything that remains true to the character but for me I didn't see that much of a difference in Starfire.

You did. I can accept that. Can you see that I don't really care how Starfire is portrayed?

DC should have done a better job at informing what is canon or not.
    Have you ever thought that maybe ... DC has a vague idea themselves. DC's main goal has always been to tell good stories, not keep continuity.

They have so much history and so many reboots I think it's impossible for them to keep what's canon and what is not.

Marvel does a better job at keeping continuity but you also have to take into account Marvel is younger and they don't update their characters with any year ones.

The best DC could do is say that what's canon is all the popular stories and the ones that didnt work are not canon anymore.

That works for me. The other part of the adventure is just reading the stories and see what they are keeping and what they aren't.

He writes a mean Teen Titans book, loved the last issue.