Page 28 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
    The glass is half full. PSINGRAPHD's Avatar

No, Ben, I did not. I'm sure that's part of it, but think the larger issue is prolly my problem with legacy characters in general. I have difficulty getting past it, and very few work for me in the long run. Off the top of my head, I can remember only fully embracing the various Flashes & GLs from DC, Barry Allen & Kyle Rayner being my faves. Conversely, I will never accept Dick Grayson as Batman tho, he'll always be Nightwing to me - 'cause that's the way I prefer him. As another for instance, Marvel's new Nova has got me feelin' reluctant also. I'm just personally more partial to Richard Rider, I guess.
    Marvel Faves
    Polaris, Jean, Dazz, S Witch, Wasp, Angel, Gambit, QSilver, Crystal, BBolt, Namor, Thor, Strange, Cap, Widow, Falcon, IW, Torch, Mags, Crawler, Storm, Cap M, SpiderW, Fist, Panther, GotG

Junior Member Invisible Martian Archer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PSINGRAPHD View Post
    No, Ben, I did not. I'm sure that's part of it, but think the larger issue is prolly my problem with legacy characters in general. I have difficulty getting past it, and very few work for me in the long run. Off the top of my head, I can remember only fully embracing the various Flashes & GLs from DC, Barry Allen & Kyle Rayner being my faves. Conversely, I will never accept Dick Grayson as Batman tho, he'll always be Nightwing to me - 'cause that's the way I prefer him. As another for instance, Marvel's new Nova has got me feelin' reluctant also. I'm just personally more partial to Richard Rider, I guess.
    I think there's something to be said for both originals and replacements. Certainly, a replacement can make a hero's identity their own, even surpassing the originals. It is an interesting narrative to tell that puts a different spin on a character - living up to the legacy of the original. I think DC is much more willing to let go of the original and pass the torch while Marvel always seems to kneejerk back to the original. But let me say this - Doc Ock Spidey (AKA Spock, Superior Spider-Man) may be the only character I would never buy if he were to appear in SHSO. Now THAT'S a character that is just wrong!
    Squad Level - 1600+
    Signature Hero - Dark Surfer
    Repeated question - When are we getting new SHSO card game content?

Member Wailing Crusader Gargoyle's Avatar

I would guess that "Spock" will be largely ignored by SHSO because of the controversial/dark backstory... a little much for kids, I would think. There is also the fact that the costume is so similar. It seems there are lots of other Marvel NOW! franchises that would fit the game better and have more distinctive looks.

I think they'd sell more if they just did playable Doc Ock.
    Marvel game addict
    SHSO squad level: 960 or so
    MAA agent level: 185 or so
    SHSO Cbox: Wailing Crusader Gargoyle

Now that playable villains have come out, I want Dark Phoenix in the game. One of her emotes could be her eating broccoli...
    Last edited by Magenta; 01-03-2013 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magenta View Post
    Now that playable villains have come out, I want Dark Phoenix in the game. One of her emotes could be her eating broccoli...
    HAHAHAHHA! I love it!
    SQUAD NAME: Sheild Gaurdian
    YOUTUBE: SUBSCRIBE@ http://www.youtube.com/user/GAMMAGOON494
    TRYING TO MAX: Avengers Black Widow

I would like the Hydra version of Cap, Thor, Hawkeye, and Iron Man. Those would be cool to play as.

Bright Breaking Ghost B. B. Ghost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magenta View Post
    Agreed, especially with the emote. Would be funny to see who all got that...
    SHSO Codename: Bright Breaking Ghost
    SHSO Level: 1300+
    Editor of The Asgardian Throne Room!
    Host of the CBR SHSO Chatbox!

That emote would be funny. I still want the Phoenix Five as playable characters as well

Default First Page Overhaul, Part 5: SHSO's MIA Fan Art Icons, by Womprat2000 & others

Just posting these to see if my new layout of 7 across alters the icon size, in comparison to preliminary delineations with only 6, done way back when:

Vs.

Here's the direct link to Womprat's very skilled work, http://superherosquadonline.wikispac...ter+Linebacker, and another featuring both him & other artists as well, http://superherosquadonline.wikispaces.com/Icons. Mockingbird was done by Lilyinblue & FunnyPlanetaryIguana did Citizen V - compliments all around, for sure!
    Marvel Faves
    Polaris, Jean, Dazz, S Witch, Wasp, Angel, Gambit, QSilver, Crystal, BBolt, Namor, Thor, Strange, Cap, Widow, Falcon, IW, Torch, Mags, Crawler, Storm, Cap M, SpiderW, Fist, Panther, GotG

It does - crap! Hmmm... not sure what I'm gonna do yet, tho, 'cause it doesn't look bad or anything. It's just not every MU character category has enough MIA for 7 across & I'm not really keen on size differentials.
    Marvel Faves

Da Trillest Zen Gangsta benfromcanada's Avatar
    As you can tell from my username, I'm from Bangladesh

...why did he make Night Thrasher white?
    Smashing Clown Juggler in Superhero Squad Online
    Signature Hero: Punisher
    Level: 2100+
    3rd Place In The 1st Top Squad Contest
    Badges to get: Venom, Frankenstein

Since the CBR Codebreakers found nothing of importance in ALL those game files I asked them to put together a list of Abandoned Heroes/Villains. This is what they gave me:

1. Classic Falcon : He was shown in the leaked pictures from Comic-Con 11 (CC11) and is in the game files via Voice interactions, but nonetheless abandoned.

2. Professor X (Charles Xavier) : Also from CC11 he seems completely neglected by our friends at Gazillion.

3. Arachne: Remember Spidey-month? Gazillion doesn't. There is some hope for her as she has lots of coding AND there is some debate on how recent her code has been worked on. Has she been abandoned? Stay tuned...

4. Shuri: Another CC11 siting...and that's were it ends. I know many of us had hopes of her and a Wakanda Zone...but both of these seem ABANDONED.

5. Amadeus Cho: Asian, in the game files (slightly), and abandoned.

6. Commander Steve Rogers: Another Captain America?! Why not?! But this CC11 hero has been abandoned.

7. Bishop: The strangest one. Leaked att CC11, in the code, in Marvel NOW! he's more villainous, and we were told that there may be legal reasons for his abscence. Regardless, ABANDONED.

8. Iron Spider-Man: Our three-waldoed friend was seen at CC11, but has been abandoned. Will his files stay dead as Peter? Who knows?

9. Mr. Fix-It: Some of you may know that I'm a Hulk fanboy, so you know my pain when I say this CC11 hero has been abandoned.

10. Classic Ms. Marvel: Shown at CC11 her curves have been seen in the code (actually her Voice interactions- but give me a little authorial license) but she has been abandoned, too.

11. Rescue: Another female hero from CC11 who has brief mention in the game files. But, Gaz has abandoned her just like Tony Stark always does.

12. Whiplash: A Boss AND Playable Villain and was pictured in the early promo posters for the game...ABANNNNNNNNDONED.

13. Thanos: The code shows the big guy's "Infinity Muffins" to go along with all of his attacks. Why abandon him, Gaz, WHY?

14. Mastermold: Coded and abandoned. For shame...

15. Mysterio: Seriously?! He has a mission. He has a card quest. He has emotes. He has been abandoned.

As always, the CBR Codebreakers will be reading the endless code to find some spoilers for us all. Until then, play the Codebreaking Contest and be thankful for the heroes/playable villains we have been getting. Happy New Year!
    SHSO NAME: Gallant Centurion Spy
    Next "Most Wanted": Weekend Holidays

You forgot about poor Anti-Venom or did his code get upgraded recently?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlarvitar View Post
    You forgot about poor Anti-Venom or did his code get upgraded recently?
    It turns out Anti-Venom was spotted in the code and has had the same fate as the other "Spidey" month characters...ABANDONED.

Remember this is not a complete list...We also know that Jubilee was abandoned, too.

Last edited by CenturianSpy; 01-05-2013 at 08:19 PM. Reason: informed that Anti-Venom is in the code
    SHSO NAME: Gallant Centurion Spy
    Next "Most Wanted": Weekend Holidays

Default First Page Overhaul Completed!

... for now, lol. Hey, everybody. Since yesterday marked the 1-year anniversary of this thread, I decided to celebrate it by finally following through with my long-held plans to continue revamping the first page. That's why Ive been MIA for the last few days, been workin' hard to get it all done on time. I only started doing the actual editing late last night, but still had hopes of finishing it the day of. Alas, it wasn't meant to be. The whole process was a lil more involved than I eXpected & took me til this afternoon to wrap up. It was worth it tho, 'cause I'm pretty happy with the results. So I'm a day late in honoring the anniversary, but please check it out anyway, and please... lemme know what you think. I hope you like it. Lookin' real forward to seeing what 2013 brings!
    Marvel Faves