Page 22 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Any love for the Starjammers? Especially for my favorite Abomination doppleganger Ch'od?

SHSO NAME: Gallant Centurion Spy
    Next "Most Wanted": Weekend Holidays

I forgot these two were part of MARVEL.

The glass is half full. PSINGRAPHD's Avatar

Default SHSO: Women of Marvel - Part I, Playable Characters Past & Present

Just recently, 'bout a week ago now, I posted this:

Quote Originally Posted by PSINGRAPHD View Post
    Oh, forgot to add, 69 originals & 33 iterations gets you to the 102 - so roughly 1/3 of the total are a bunch of redos!
    Almost immediately afterward, I began thinking about what I feel are some of the game's more positive aspects. Facets that, IMO, they've actually done pretty well with. First thing that came to mind & stuck out as the BIGGEST for me long after, was that all parties involved(Marvel, Gazillion, & The Amazing Society) did a really good job handling an important factor most video game developers don't, to my knowledge. A concern which is usually ignored, taken for granted, or just gets tossed a few bones, in order to help pacify any objections from vocal protesters. Basically in an attempt to keep the peace, an act of appeasement, as it were. Obviously, generally speaking, the fairly frequent(and by now, familiar) point of contention I'm referring to is - PLAYABLE FEMALE CHARACTERS!!! I mean with the title & all, I'm sure that was no secret, lol. And as it will be all about SHSO in paticular, we'll specifically be discussing the:

Women Of Marvel

ARE these Marvel's "Most Renowned Superheroines", if not their greatest?!

For the most part, I think so.

As some of you might remember from before, I posted this very same, original pic a while back also. Over four months ago to be eXact, for different reasons that I'll likely get into later, 'cause they're potentially relevant to the conversation. I'm using it again, but as a visual point of reference this time, to help me demonstrate SHSO's statistical performance in the area of making female characters available. I figured it was a good place to start, so here are some factual numbers I came up with:

• There have now been 103 total heroes made variably available throughout the game's relatively short history. Of that 103, 27 or about 26% were female characters, which translates roughly to 1 out of every 4 released being a superheroine. While I would say that's very commendable, it's really not overly shocking & groundbreaking in any way. In fact, it's probably safer to consider the "only 1 out of 4 will be female" mindset a current, practiced industry standard. However, I see signs the trend is changin' & headed in the right direction. For instance, if we were to look at SHSO's stats a lil differently, we could just as easily surmise that they have indeed been more successful than their competitors in this respect.
    • That's because, the 103 also contains 33 mostly male iterations, which would leave only 70 original heroes if they were to be discounted & removed. Of the 70, 22 or about 31% are female, getting us ever closer to a 1 out of every 3 with that notable increase of over 5%. I'm guessin' that's gotta be better than average, at the very least.
    • Marvel's ladies faired the worst when it came to the "retread"(< thanX, Spy) department, which shouldn't be much of a surprise. Of the 33 iterations, just 5 were women, dropping their share to a low of 15% - less than HALF the 31% achievement. You can delve deeper & find some encouraging results that would probably seem more promising, but I'm not sure it's really worth the trouble at this time.
    • All but 5 of the 22 characters from my "Women of Marvel" image above have now become playable. At almost a whopping 80%, that's gotta be some sort of record high! I know, I know - but I don't care whether it's official or not, lol.

Ironically enough, while we may have not gotten Medusa, Crystal, Polaris, Dazzler, or Songbird as playable just yet - which IMO, is a crime, and I say that only half-jokingly - we did in fact over time get 5 other, different superheroines instead. Five eXactly, isn't that funny, as in wierd & strange - in a good way? Anyhoo, while I'm sure most of you know who the missing 5 are, let's dispense with any mystery. Here's a lil reminder:

Using those gals to replace the 5 mentioned who are still MIA, brings us from 17 right back up to 22 again. So, with 22 out of 70 playable characters being female - again, that's 31% - you think, like me, it's fair to say that's quite an accomplishment? That the PTB at SHSO have done both themselves, and us as fans, real proud? I think they must be fans themselves, treating these superheroines the same as their male counterparts, with plenty of respect & consideration. I mean, they seem to actually care, which is a novelty in & of itself these days. Not only did they give us quanity, but more importantly, quality as well. What more could we ask for?! Well, lol, we'll be getting to that in the neXt post.

In the meantime, to honor a job well done, an homage. Created in a similar vein as the first pic, with most the associated inspirations that suggests, and combined with the second - I present to you, another tribute(and possibly something more, like the official banner for this topic maybe):

To whom it may concern at SHSO -
    CONGRATULATIONS!
    And from a HUGE, MASSIVE, lifelong superfan of female superheroes -
    THANK YOU!!

Coming up: Part II of SHSO - "Women of Marvel"... FUTURE FEMALE CHARACTERS!!!

(Medusa, Crystal, Polaris, Dazzler, & Songbird return! But they're not alone this time!! This time they're bringin' a whole bunch of NEW friends along with 'em for the ride!!!)
    Marvel Faves
    Polaris, Jean, Dazz, S Witch, Wasp, Angel, Gambit, QSilver, Crystal, BBolt, Namor, Thor, Strange, Cap, Widow, Falcon, IW, Torch, Mags, Crawler, Storm, Cap M, SpiderW, Fist, Panther, GotG

Looking forward to Part II, PSI. With all the attention of Marvel NOW! is getting with our partners at Gazillion, don't forget to include what seems to be the "Girl Power" flavor of the month, The New Defenders.

What will I do when Dani Moonstar is released before Warpath?
    Last edited by CenturianSpy; 12-17-2012 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CenturianSpy View Post
    Looking forward to Part II, PSI. With all the attention of Marvel NOW! is getting with our partners at Gazillion, don't forget to include what seems to be the "Girl Power" flavor of the month, The New Defenders.

What will I do when Dani Moonstar is released before Warpath?
    That would be cool. I hope they add Warlock one day

Junior Member Invisible Martian Archer's Avatar

Any love for the Starjammers? Especially for my favorite Abomination doppleganger Ch'od?

I give Ch'od a 0.0000001% chance of being made in this game in the next ten years. Unless he gets his own title in the upcoming "Marvel Later!" status quo shake-up. (Get it - Now and Later candy...)

I think it would be much more likely that we get a playable Abomination that you could pretend is Ch'od.
    Squad Level - 1600+
    Signature Hero - Dark Surfer
    Repeated question - When are we getting new SHSO card game content?

<laughs> since Archer likes crushing Christmas wishes of Ch'od, I'll move on...

Since we're getting more renowned playable villains, when we get Venom, will he be of the the Marvel NOW! Thunderbolt variety?

and how about a retread of Punisher with his spiffy red skull outfit, too?

<laughs> since Archer likes crushing Christmas wishes of Ch'od, I'll move on...

Since we're getting more renowned playable villains, when we get Venom, will he be of the the Marvel NOW! Thunderbolt variety?

and how about a retread of Punisher with his spiffy red skull outfit, too?
    Agent Venom? I would be very happy if he becomes playable.

Maybe Wonderman and Sunfire will come soon since they are in the Avengers

Member Wailing Crusader Gargoyle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlarvitar View Post
    Agent Venom? I would be very happy if he becomes playable.

Maybe Wonderman and Sunfire will come soon since they are in the Avengers
    Wonder Man would be pretty cool... then SHSO would only need Mockingbird to be 5/5 of founding West Coast Avengers! I loved WCA growing up.
    Marvel game addict
    SHSO squad level: 960 or so
    MAA agent level: 185 or so
    SHSO Cbox: Wailing Crusader Gargoyle

Quote Originally Posted by Wailing Crusader Gargoyle View Post
    Wonder Man would be pretty cool... then SHSO would only need Mockingbird to be 5/5 of founding West Coast Avengers! I loved WCA growing up.
    But then they'd have to give us the Silver Centurion Iron Man armor to round it out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wca1.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	86.1 KB 
ID:	106002
    SHSO Squad Name: Juggler Emperor
    Squad Level: 1840+
    Creator of the SHSO Identity Crisis blog
    Marvel Heroes: badsaj

Since Frank Cho said there will NOT be Ka-Zar in Marvel NOW!'s Savage Wolverine, hopefully we'll get Shanna the She-Devil,

and hopefully, Sauron for a mission.

I also expect to get ANOTHER Wolvie, too!

Since Frank Cho said there will NOT be Ka-Zar in Marvel NOW!'s Savage Wolverine, hopefully we'll get Shanna the She-Devil,

and hopefully, Sauron for a mission.

I also expect to get ANOTHER Wolvie, too!
    I'd love Shanna to come to the game. I'm curious to why Ka-Zar isn't in since he has furniture in the store.
    Maybe X-Force Wolverine?

Member Wailing Crusader Gargoyle's Avatar

Since Frank Cho said there will NOT be Ka-Zar in Marvel NOW!'s Savage Wolverine, hopefully we'll get Shanna the She-Devil, and hopefully, Sauron for a mission.
    Sauron would be a cool villain... a Savage Land level would be great. Something tells me Shanna won't be showing up in the kid's game without some slight modifications to her outfit.
    Marvel game addict
    SHSO squad level: 960 or so
    MAA agent level: 185 or so
    SHSO Cbox: Wailing Crusader Gargoyle

Drool....

The CBR Codebreakers have found the following tidbits and spoilers in the latest content update (12/21). Sorry for the late post but I was enjoying myself like there was NO tomorrow yesterday...

Let's start with our "small print":

One of the perks of being a CBR SHSO Squad Member is that we have access to a group of game file junkies we dubbed the CBR Codebreakers. The CBR Codebreakers would ask that any of this "spoiler" information stay off of any official SHSO page. Afterall, it's a kids' game! Now, on to the good stuff!

1. Magneto is here. He's Scarlet Witch's father, so be careful how you look at her (talking about you Nader).

2. Dr. Doom had some more work done, and he is called Future Foundation Dr. Doom. He also will fly with rocket boosts. And is a farter. No word on whether the farts fuel the rocket boosts.

spoilers:

3. Because Gazillion wants to bring families together and not tear them apart like Pictionary and Monopoly, they are bringing in Quicksilver. Or at least there is a VO (voiceover) for Magneto and his speedster son.

4. You like playable villains but feel there they have too much testosterone? How does a playable Mystique sound? Magneto has voice overs with her, too. The women that played Mystique in the movies are Rebecca Romijin and Jennifer Lawerance. Do yourself a favor and Google Image them.

...a half hour later....

5. But now you're saying, "What about FF Dr. Doom? Doesn't he have any friends?" First of all, quit being such a sensitive ninny. Second, yes he does they are Future Foundation Mr. Fantastic, FF Invisible Woman, and FF Thing (Doom has VO relationships with all of them) . How does that grab you?! Hmmmmm, to be grabbed by FF Invisible Woman (I'd tell you to Google Image Jessica Alba, but, I assume you have a whole folder of her on your PC or Mac).

6. Doom also has a VO relationship with Squirrel Girl. Nothing funny, here. Squirrels are terrifying.

7. We've all been told there are legal reasons for not having Bishop in the game. But, they did work on Bishop's VO codes. How do you explain that?!! We don't. We are as confused as you all are. Most still doubt him coming anytime soon, and if he does....Marvel NOW! has him as a villain. The CBR Codebreakers will keep an eye on him. DON'T EXPECT HIM.

8. For those of you who enjoy the card game, the name of the guy (in the code) who does the VO for the card game is "Mayor Stanley". Hopefully we get Stan and the Mayor in the game, but as to date, only this name gives us hope. And, sorry to the card players who thought I was going to give a card game spoiler with the first sentence here. It was cruel.
    end of spoilers

Keep on playing, True Believers! The CBR Codebreakers will continue to seek out the truth.