Page 18 of 54 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    The glass is half full. PSINGRAPHD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlarvitar View Post
    I'd like to post my top 5 characters:
    1. Doctor Doom 2099/ FF Doctor Doom: It would be awesome to play as him plus he is one of my favorite characters
    2. Polaris: Magneto's powers and is amazing
    3. Superior Spider-Man: Spidey's Marvel NOW form
    4. Iron Fist: I have wanted him to be in the game since I joined plus he was in the show.
    5. Man-Thing: He could be a new Halloween hero

I couldn't agree with you more on Polaris, Shadowlarvitar, she's been my #1 "Most Wanted" hero since forever. I love Lorna Dane! She IS amazing, possessing both a supercool, signature look & awe-inspiring EM powers - which, BTW, would also be unique within the game. Maybe now, with Havok soon becoming playable, the likelihood will increase due to their strong connection. Hopefully, her chances improve enough & she gets the much deserved greenlight as well.

TBH, how Iron Fist is STILL not playable after all this time is beyond me. Any reasons they could have are ineXcusable, as far as I'm concerned. Make it happen Gazillion, make it happen NOW! Danny Rand is too important to be ignored, to be dissed, any longer - get it together! ;)

Yes from me for Man-Thing also, I think he would be fun & interesting, a nice addition too.
    Marvel Faves
    Polaris, Jean, Dazz, S Witch, Wasp, Angel, Gambit, QSilver, Crystal, BBolt, Namor, Thor, Strange, Cap, Widow, Falcon, IW, Torch, Mags, Crawler, Storm, Cap M, SpiderW, Fist, Panther, GotG

Quote Originally Posted by benfromcanada View Post
    I'm not saying that they should be widely available. I'm saying they should be more available. As it is, it's basically not possible to get Arctic Armor Iron Man or Armored Spider-Man without spending a lot of money, and while it isn't impossible to get Classic Wolverine it is quite hard. Why not put them in the store at 2,000 gold, or put them in the Agent Only section for 1,000 gold? Hell, add another zero to the end of that price if you want. Make it still prohibitively expensive but still, you know, possible for people who've played the game for less than a year to get it.

I'm also saying I don't care if someone would be sad if the code heroes became more widely available. I mean, I spent 3600 gold collectively on Avengers Iron Man (the one Iron Man I do care about) Spider-Man and Ghost Rider, and that price just got lowered to 2700. I don't care one lick, and no one else should unless they literally bought the heroes less than a week before the price change.
    So, these heroes are TOO exclusive? I hardly see a problem in that. As I stated before, we don't know the logistics of whether or not Gazillion can even release these on their own. This may be an Upper Deck issue. I also think it ill-advised to tell someone what they should care about or how passionate they should be about it.
    SHSO NAME: Gallant Centurion Spy
    Next "Most Wanted": Weekend Holidays

Quote Originally Posted by GothamLord View Post
    Since this thread is currently active I figured I'd mention a few characters that are locked up in legal red tape and unlikely to make their way into the game any time soon. This is per our wonderful Gazillion Coordinator -

Namor Forge Bishop Cannonball Justice Danny Ketch Ghost Rider Magma Beta Ray Bill
    WTF?!!! Is this for real?! There are 3 personal faves listed there I was eXplicitly looking forward to, 1 of them in a major way, BIG-time... Namor! The other 2 are Cannonball & Justice. Why?! Could you get more detailed about the reasons for each being legally problematic to use at this time? I really wanna know more! Most are surprising, even confounding to me & I'm eXtremely curious now - why them specifically?
    Marvel Faves
    Polaris, Jean, Dazz, S Witch, Wasp, Angel, Gambit, QSilver, Crystal, BBolt, Namor, Thor, Strange, Cap, Widow, Falcon, IW, Torch, Mags, Crawler, Storm, Cap M, SpiderW, Fist, Panther, GotG

I don't remember for Namor to be in that list, the rest I can confirm. Mysteria said there was Legal and Licence reasons for them to be unavailable.
    SHSO: Venusian Iguana Hat[1707] / Lance Mariner[956]
    Signature Hero: Luke Cage
    Crafting: Red Mindless One

Part-Time Pen Monkey GothamLord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PSINGRAPHD View Post
    WTF?!!! Is this for real?! There are 3 personal faves listed there I was eXplicitly looking forward to, 1 of them in a major way, BIG-time... Namor! The other 2 are Cannonball & Justice. Why?! Could you get more detailed about the reasons for each being legally problematic to use at this time? I really wanna know more! Most are surprising, even confounding to me & I'm eXtremely curious now - why them specifically?
    She isnt really part of the legal department, so I doubt she can give full details on the Why? in the matter. Some of it likely involved studio connections regarding X-men characters and others that might see screen time in the movies, others it may be related back to the creators of said characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Carmaicol View Post
    I don't remember for Namor to be in that list, the rest I can confirm. Mysteria said there was Legal and Licence reasons for them to be unavailable.
    Namor was specially discussed earlier, then she was kind enough to go back and look into the others.
    Avengers Alliance - GothamLord
    "My give a damn is busted"

Oh, I only see the list without him, at the time I only feel sorry for BRB not ot be playable. Buy nonetheless, it's a really short list and any other character is possible.
    SHSO: Venusian Iguana Hat[1707] / Lance Mariner[956]
    Signature Hero: Luke Cage
    Crafting: Red Mindless One

She isnt really part of the legal department, so I doubt she can give full details on the Why? in the matter. Some of it likely involved studio connections regarding X-men characters and others that might see screen time in the movies, others it may be related back to the creators of said characters. ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmaicol View Post
    ... Namor was specially discussed earlier, then she was kind enough to go back and look into the others.
    Damn, that suX hard! I'm so disappointed now. Marvel really needs to get their act together where their character licensing is concerned. The rights to a lot of them are spread all over the place & way too thin. Bring 'em all back to their rightful home I say, underneath the new & improved, much more powerful & eXperienced... DizMar umbrella! Do your magical dirty-work Disney & crush the competition, Marvel needs you to make them whole again in all respects - the way it was meant to be!
    Marvel Faves

I'm not saying that they should be widely available. I'm saying they should be more available. As it is, it's basically not possible to get Arctic Armor Iron Man or Armored Spider-Man without spending a lot of money, and while it isn't impossible to get Classic Wolverine it is quite hard. Why not put them in the store at 2,000 gold, or put them in the Agent Only section for 1,000 gold? Hell, add another zero to the end of that price if you want. Make it still prohibitively expensive but still, you know, possible for people who've played the game for less than a year to get it.

I'm also saying I don't care if someone would be sad if the code heroes became more widely available. I mean, I spent 3600 gold collectively on Avengers Iron Man (the one Iron Man I do care about) Spider-Man and Ghost Rider, and that price just got lowered to 2700. I don't care one lick, and no one else should unless they literally bought the heroes less than a week before the price change.
    We could continue to argue about this, but we are clearly not going to agree. I think having a few very rare, yes, nearly impossible, characters in the game adds something special to the game. Even if they put them in the store at a premium price, then only those with the deepest pockets can get the best characters. This is about more than just money. It's about cross-promotion and a little bit of luck. Even if you spend a lot of money on the card game, you aren't guaranteed to get the code heroes. Then again, you could buy one pack of cards for 3 or 4 dollars and have an armored spider-man. Earlier you said it's not valuable to you because you will never be able to get it, but that's obviously not true. If it weren't valuable to you, it's availability wouldn't matter. Didn't the top prize of an Arctic Armor Iron-man code make the infinity gauntlet tournament more exciting than if we were just playing for some gold? I want an Armored Spider-Man, too, but I've resigned myself to the fact that I probably won't get one, but that makes it even more cool when I see one running around.
    SHSO Squad Name: Juggler Emperor
    Squad Level: 1840+
    Creator of the SHSO Identity Crisis blog
    Marvel Heroes: badsaj

Da Trillest Zen Gangsta benfromcanada's Avatar
    As you can tell from my username, I'm from Bangladesh

Perhaps you were unaware, Psi, but prior to the Marvel cinematic universe and all that, licensing out characters was the only way to make their movies, or to make them any good. Superhero movies weren't doing all that well. Selling their hot properties to Fox, Sony and Universal was the only way to get the movies made with a decent budget and an experienced crew. Then the respective studios made Blade, the X-Men movies (which I'm sure you are at least aware of) the Spider-Man movies, Ang Lee's Hulk, Ghost Rider, Punisher, DareDevil, Elektra and the Fantastic Four movies, and the fanbase grew and Marvel was able to get people backing their own studio. That's how we got Iron Man and the cinematic universe.

The thing is, they can't just say "well, we're owned by Disney now, so the licensing agreements you paid for are null and void." And to do some legal judo to take the licenses back is unfair to the studios that made the Marvel Cinematic Universe a financially viable option by raising public interest in Marvel superhero movies. Sure, you may not like it, but look on the bright side. They could have sold the game licenses for everyone associated with the X-Men, Fantastic Four, Spider-Man and Ghost Rider (DareDevil, Elektra and as far as I can tell the Punisher and Blade have reverted to Marvel, as has Hulk). And maybe there will be an awesome game based on Namor the Sub-Mariner in the near future, just starring him? Maybe it'll launch him into the limelight and result in him being cool outside the comics? Who knows? Be positive!
    Smashing Clown Juggler in Superhero Squad Online
    Signature Hero: Punisher
    Level: 2100+
    3rd Place In The 1st Top Squad Contest
    Badges to get: Venom, Frankenstein

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo Platypus View Post
    Why is Marvel's equal to Green Lantern not in this game yet?! We need Quasar, and we need him now! (Wendell, not the chick one!)
    I'm all for Quasar! And I agree, my blue, duck-billed mammal friend, it has to be the Wendell Vaughn version that we get first. We definitely need more cosmic characters in SHSO, their corner of the MU is the least represented in my estimation. It won't stay that way forever tho, with a Guardians Of The Galaxy movie coming in the future, we'll get there eventually.
    Marvel Faves

Part-Time Pen Monkey GothamLord's Avatar

Universal has been batting around the Sub-Mariner rights since at least 2006.

"On September 13, 2006, Universal Pictures announced that director Jonathan Mostow was attached to rewrite and direct Marvel Studios' Sub-Mariner. Kevin Misher is producing through his Misher Films, along with Marvel Studios. The screenplay had initially been written by David Self."

I have no idea when the license expires if they don't put something to film or start production by, such as what happen to Daredevil .
    Avengers Alliance - GothamLord
    "My give a damn is busted"

Since this thread is currently active I figured I'd mention a few characters that are locked up in legal red tape and unlikely to make their way into the game any time soon. This is per our wonderful Gazillion Coordinator -

Namor Forge Bishop Cannonball Justice Danny Ketch Ghost Rider Magma Beta Ray Bill
    I really wanted to see Beta Ray Bill added.

Junior Member Invisible Martian Archer's Avatar

I can't believe people are actually REQUESTING Man Thing. If Man Thing ever made it into the game he should never be able to run - only shamble very, very slowly. And you can't control in which direction he moves - he just moves in the direction of a person using an emote. And all of his dialogue has to be "uuuguguggggg.... uhhhhgggggg!"

Now Quicksilver would be cool, especially if he ran super-fast and could run up buildings in the zones!
    Squad Level - 1600+
    Signature Hero - Dark Surfer
    Repeated question - When are we getting new SHSO card game content?

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Martian Archer View Post
    I can't believe people are actually REQUESTING Man Thing. If Man Thing ever made it into the game he should never be able to run - only shamble very, very slowly. And you can't control in which direction he moves - he just moves in the direction of a person using an emote. And all of his dialogue has to be "uuuguguggggg.... uhhhhgggggg!"

Now Quicksilver would be cool, especially if he ran super-fast and could run up buildings in the zones!
    Who needs dialogue when a voice-over guy can say "whatever knows fear burns at The Man-Thing's touch" for everything? As far as his lack of mobility, put him on a Segway or Rascal, or roller skates, or a Razor scooter. Or, just have him a little slower than the other characters (he moved OK in the cartoon).
    SHSO NAME: Gallant Centurion Spy
    Next "Most Wanted": Weekend Holidays

Perhaps you were unaware, Psi, but prior to the Marvel cinematic universe and all that, licensing out characters was the only way to make their movies, or to make them any good. Superhero movies weren't doing all that well. Selling their hot properties to Fox, Sony and Universal was the only way to get the movies made with a decent budget and an experienced crew. Then the respective studios made Blade, the X-Men movies (which I'm sure you are at least aware of) the Spider-Man movies, Ang Lee's Hulk, Ghost Rider, Punisher, DareDevil, Elektra and the Fantastic Four movies, and the fanbase grew and Marvel was able to get people backing their own studio. That's how we got Iron Man and the cinematic universe. ...
    Hey, Ben. Nope, I'm aware of Marvel's storied film history & the necessary, if crooked path it took to get where it is now. Still, props for the fairly accurate synopsis recounting the struggles they faced early on. Reminds us their cinematic prospects weren't always so bright, that the journey must've often been difficult at first, in the beginning. ThanX to the X-Men & Spider-Man tho, even Blade before them, the industry's pessimistic skepticism towards superhero movies was pretty short-lived. I mean, soon enough, we'll be getting Guardians Of The GalaXy & Ant-Man features of all things - 10 years ago, who would've ever thought that?!

... The thing is, they can't just say "well, we're owned by Disney now, so the licensing agreements you paid for are null and void." And to do some legal judo to take the licenses back is unfair to the studios that made the Marvel Cinematic Universe a financially viable option by raising public interest in Marvel superhero movies. Sure, you may not like it, but look on the bright side. They could have sold the game licenses for everyone associated with the X-Men, Fantastic Four, Spider-Man and Ghost Rider (DareDevil, Elektra and as far as I can tell the Punisher and Blade have reverted to Marvel, as has Hulk). And maybe there will be an awesome game based on Namor the Sub-Mariner in the near future, just starring him? Maybe it'll launch him into the limelight and result in him being cool outside the comics? Who knows? Be positive!
    It's true, I personally would rather have the film rights to ALL of Marvel's characters revert back to them & Disney now. I just feel Marvel-cum-Disney has done a better job & been more consistant quality-wise with their movies than the other studios. Prolly 'cause they actually own them & as a result, have a much bigger investment in their longterm viability, i.e. - DizMar has reasons to care A LOT more! But, I also understand & recognize the fact that it's highly unlikely to happen. In the forseeable future, I imagine FoX will probably be retaining both the X & F4 licenses, while Sony undoubtedly keeps Spidey's. GR's is harder to predict, IMHO, due to the recent sequel's lackluster box office performance. If DizMar were to somehow make it happen tho, the idea of doing so via buyouts was more what I had in mind, with no bad blood left behind. You're right, I believe DD, 'Lektra, Frank, & Blade have all returned to the House of Ideas & the House of Mouse - one way or another, like Hulk did before them. So there's always hope!

The movie rights I can deal with anyway, I was more referring to them being used together everywhere else I guess, in other media. Like animation & television projects for instance, or most importantly, as you mention - video games! I just hoped DizMar would have full control over them at this point, not on film yet of course, but in all other respects at least.

I'll try & be positive Ben, but I like to be realistic too, so cautiously optimistic will prolly be the best I can do. Even maintaining that's not going to be easy, 'cause patience isn't eXactly a virtue I've been overly blessed with either, lol. However, I REALLY like the way you think when it comes to Namor! More on him a bit later tho, he deserves to be the subject of his own, separate post, me thinX.
    Marvel Faves