Page 17 of 54 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    The glass is half full. PSINGRAPHD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GothamLord View Post
    If recent activity and the talks with our new Community Coordinator, Mysteria are any indication of things, Gazillion has NOT given up on SHSO and is looking to breath new life into it.
    That's just what I was thinkin' too, GothamLord, but it's nice to hear it from somebody else. 'Cause of the doubting Thomas side of me, it doesn't take long to go from optimistically believing in something to merely wishing for it again, so thanX for the much needed reassurance.

Plus, I wanted to know what others besides myself thought in general 'bout the situation. I sure hope we're right & it's true, I really do! I'd be bummed if it turned out Mysteria & Gazillion we're only building us up for more disappointment, unintentially of course. After a great start, I feel Gazillion seriously dropped the ball for the remainder of this past year, resulting in 2012 becoming what I see as a GIANT "missed opportunity" for them(where SHSO is concerned anyway). That's sad too, 'cause it's SO unique & so much fun! It has way too much character, style, & charm to just be forgotten about, to let fall by the wayside - to be ignored in favor of the new flavor, even temporarily. The momentum's been lost, and it's hard to get back again. It can be done tho, so here's hopin' they're 'bout to do JUST THAT!!
    Marvel Faves
    Polaris, Jean, Dazz, S Witch, Wasp, Angel, Gambit, QSilver, Crystal, BBolt, Namor, Thor, Strange, Cap, Widow, Falcon, IW, Torch, Mags, Crawler, Storm, Cap M, SpiderW, Fist, Panther, GotG

Speaking of Mysteria - of all the questions she recently answered, that were gathered & submitted by GothamLord, this is the one I took most notice of:

Quote Originally Posted by Mysteria View Post
    ... Q:Last year we had a lot of characters shown as being in the works, both as new characters and alternative costume selections for characters we already have available. Do we have any projected dates in the future coming up to match up with them? Are certain ones being held back to get releases better timed with upcoming movie releases? Pepper Potts (Rescue) Iron Man 3 / (King) Thor Thor 2 / Commander Rogers outfit & the alternative Falcon costume Captain America 2 / Maybe a couple surprise ones with Guardians of the Galaxy?

A:Plans and ideas for future content are not set in stone. Sometimes an idea doesn't work. Other times, we find out about a new content planned from Marvel (such as Marvel NOW!) that changes everything! This does not mean a Hero is abandoned or being held back. It simply means it is not their time to enter Super Hero City!...
    Prolly 'cause it had to do with new heroes, natch. So what does everybody think that means for the following, the only characters revealed at NYCC '11 which have yet to become officially playable:

Avengers
    Rescue*
    Shuri**
    Squirrel Girl

(Pepper Potts/Iron Man)
    **(Black Panther/female)

Iterations: Commander Steve Rogers, King Thor, Classic Ms. Marvel, & Classic Falcon

X-Men
    Professor X
    Bishop

Marvel Knights/Solo & Support*
    Also solo/unaffiliated or mostly affiliated with a solo character, such as Spider-Man, Hulk, Daredevil, etc.

Iterations: Iron Spider-Man & Mr. Fix-It

Only 11 remain! 5 original heroes + 6 iterations. Of those left, who will we get sooner rather than later, or vice versa? Who, if anyone, do you think will be put on the back burner indefinitely?
    Marvel Faves
    Polaris, Jean, Dazz, S Witch, Wasp, Angel, Gambit, QSilver, Crystal, BBolt, Namor, Thor, Strange, Cap, Widow, Falcon, IW, Torch, Mags, Crawler, Storm, Cap M, SpiderW, Fist, Panther, GotG

BTW, what's the deal with Morbius, wasn't he supposed to become playable 'round Halloween? I mean, he was actually pictured back then, wasn't he? If so, I took it to imply he would soon be joining his similarly themed brethren, Werewolf By Night & Moon Knight - but that didn't happen. Anybody know why?

Also, will Classic Wolverine, Armored Spider-Man, Arctic Armor Iron Man, & the supposedly upcoming White Phoenix ever be available in the store, ya think? And are they the only heroes that've never been available for purchase via the in-game store?
    Marvel Faves

Quote Originally Posted by PSINGRAPHD View Post
    Prolly 'cause it had to do with new heroes, natch. So what does everybody think that means for the following, the only characters revealed at NYCC '11 which have yet to become officially playable:

Avengers
    Rescue*
    Shuri**
    Squirrel Girl

(Pepper Potts/Iron Man)
    **(Black Panther/female)

Iterations: Commander Steve Rogers, King Thor, Classic Ms. Marvel, & Classic Falcon

X-Men
    Professor X
    Bishop

Marvel Knights/Solo & Support*
    Also solo/unaffiliated or mostly affiliated with a solo character, such as Spider-Man, Hulk, Daredevil, etc.

Iterations: Iron Spider-Man & Mr. Fix-It

Only 11 remain! 5 original heroes + 6 iterations. Of those left, who will we get sooner rather than later, or vice versa? Who, if anyone, do you think will be put on the back burner indefinitely?
    Battle Armor or "King" Thor is in the code and is almost ready. Squirrel Girl is also in the code, albeit in just a character "relationship" so far. (Relationship is the voicover term for the interaction between two squaddies at the start of a mission). We also have limited information on the development of Prof. X and Rescue. So, they are chipping away at the 2011 Comic-Con heroes.

BTW, what's the deal with Morbius, wasn't he supposed to become playable 'round Halloween? I mean, he was actually pictured back then, wasn't he? If so, I took it to imply he would soon be joining his similarly themed brethren, Werewolf By Night & Moon Knight - but that didn't happen. Anybody know why?

Also, will Classic Wolverine, Armored Spider-Man, Arctic Armor Iron Man, & the supposedly upcoming White Phoenix ever be available in the store, ya think? And are they the only heroes that've never been available for purchase via the in-game store?
    We actually have some pics of Morbius in-game from Gazillion from their press release on their 4 millionth account. He is complete in the code and will probably be released to coincide his Marvel NOW! release. I doubt that the toy code Wolverine will ever be released for all (even though Pure Elektra and Classic DD were). I also don't see the physical card game heroes be available inside the game. I'm actually surprised White Phoenix cards have not been released, but, I probably shouldn't be because the card game has SEVERELY been a disappointment. To date, those are the only ones yet to be released.
    Last edited by CenturianSpy; 12-04-2012 at 09:58 AM.
    SHSO NAME: Gallant Centurion Spy
    Next "Most Wanted": Weekend Holidays

How many total playable heroes have there been now, including those with limited availability? According to this, http://superherosquadonline.wikispac...ble+Characters, I'm getting 101. There's 105 pictured & as far as I can tell, only 4 who haven't been offered: Battle Armor(King?) Thor, Havok(huh, say what?!), Morbius, & White PhoeniX - am I right w/101 or am I missin' somethin'?
    Marvel Faves

How many total playable heroes have there been now, including those with limited availability? According to this, http://superherosquadonline.wikispac...ble+Characters, I'm getting 101. There's 105 pictured & as far as I can tell, only 4 who haven't been offered: Battle Armor(King?) Thor, Havok(huh, say what?!), Morbius, & White PhoeniX - am I right w/101 or am I missin' somethin'?
    101 is correct. Havok is also in the code and was mentioned in the dev's blog of upcoming heroes. Most of us feel he will be coming as soon as tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by CenturianSpy View Post
    Battle Armor or "King" Thor is in the code and is almost ready. Squirrel Girl is also in the code, albeit in just a character "relationship" so far. (Relationship is the voicover term for the interaction between two squaddies at the start of a mission). We also have limited information on the development of Prof. X and Rescue. So, they are chipping away at the 2011 Comic-Con heroes. ...
    That's good news on Thor, but I'm disappointed they're not further along with Squirrel Girl by now. Same with the Prof & Pepper as Rescue, but hey, like you say - "They are chipping away" @ the NYCC '11 heroes, slowly but surely, and for that I'm both grateful & relieved. The end is near & finally in sight! (Or at the very least, seems a lil closer than before, lol.) The anticipation begins!! Bring on all the surprising & never been revealed new hero announcements possible - PLEASE!!!

... We actually have some pics of Morbius in-game from Gazillion from their press release on their 4 millionth account. He is complete in the code and will probably be released to coincide his Marvel NOW! release. I doubt that the toy code Wolverine will ever be released for all (even though Pure Elektra and Classic DD were). I also don't see the physical card game heroes be available inside the game. I'm actually surprised White Phoenix cards have not been released, but, I probably shouldn't be because the card game has SEVERELY been a disappointment. To date, those are the only ones yet to be released.
    Oh yeah, I forgot about Morbius' upcoming Marvel NOW! solo title - duh! Why do you not foresee toy code Wolverine & the physical card game heroes ever being available inside the game? You're right 'bout the card game being in dire need of attention, and far from alone in feeling that way, I would say. My biggest takeaway from everything I've read recently is that it's the popular consensus, by a significant majority, getting more & louder complaints from dissatisfied players than most all other aspects of the game. There's also always the frequent, ever-present grumbling 'bout "lack of new heroes" & "no new zones", but I digress. ThanX much for the info & all your help, CenturianSpy, it's greatly appreciated.
    Marvel Faves

Why do you not foresee toy code Wolverine & the physical card game heroes ever being available inside the game?
    Just a gut feeling on Classic Wolverine. As far as the TCG heroes, I don't know the legal holdings of the card heroes. Does the manufacturer (Upper Deck) hold partial license to these loot card heroes? If so, would the buyout of said loot card heroes to place in store be too large for Gazillion to consider OR is there a legal time frame forbidding Gazillion from releasing these heroes for purchase? If you suspect the latter, then they will be released...in time, but after the license reverts back to Gazillion. But, if you think the licenses are partially owned by Upper Deck, then you don't see an instance of the loot heroes for sale in-game.

101 is correct. Havok is also in the code and was mentioned in the dev's blog of upcoming heroes. Most of us feel he will be coming as soon as tomorrow.
    ThanX for confirming the 101.

Holy crap, Batman, Havok's going to be playable - for sure!!! Thought I had heard this before, but considered it rumor only then, to be on the safe side. So that's REALLY awesome news for me, no doubt. Yeah, AleX Summers has been on my top 10 "Most Wanted" list for like a long, LONG time, and now - NOW!, my perseverance is being rewarded... FINALLY!!
    Marvel Faves

Just a gut feeling on Classic Wolverine. As far as the TCG heroes, I don't know the legal holdings of the card heroes. Does the manufacturer (Upper Deck) hold partial license to these loot card heroes? If so, would the buyout of said loot card heroes to place in store be too large for Gazillion to consider OR is there a legal time frame forbidding Gazillion from releasing these heroes for purchase? If you suspect the latter, then they will be released...in time, but after the license reverts back to Gazillion. But, if you think the licenses are partially owned by Upper Deck, then you don't see an instance of the loot heroes for sale in-game.
    Well, it'll be a bummer if your hunch 'bout Classic Wolvie turns out to be true, it might just be my fave look for him.

Obviously, I'm hoping & praying for the latter, legal time frame scenario you describe. I need me some of that White PhoeniX - desperately!!! Unfortunately for me, buying her at the in-game store is likely the only way I'll ever get to play her. Curse this idea of new heroes availability being eXclusive to the eXtreme!
    Marvel Faves

Why do you not foresee toy code Wolverine & the physical card game heroes ever being available inside the game? .
    As someone who owns one of the heroes from the physical card game, I hope they never release them for general purchase. Due to their rarity, they have some real value, if they sell them in the store, they lose that.
    SHSO Squad Name: Juggler Emperor
    Squad Level: 1840+
    Creator of the SHSO Identity Crisis blog
    Marvel Heroes: badsaj

Part-Time Pen Monkey GothamLord's Avatar

Since this thread is currently active I figured I'd mention a few characters that are locked up in legal red tape and unlikely to make their way into the game any time soon. This is per our wonderful Gazillion Coordinator -

Namor Forge Bishop Cannonball Justice Danny Ketch Ghost Rider Magma Beta Ray Bill
    Avengers Alliance - GothamLord
    "My give a damn is busted"

Da Trillest Zen Gangsta benfromcanada's Avatar
    As you can tell from my username, I'm from Bangladesh

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo Platypus View Post
    Why is Marvel's equal to Green Lantern not in this game yet?! We need Quasar, and we need him now! (Wendell, not the chick one!)
    1: Nova is Marvel's equivalent of the Green Lantern, and he's in this game.
    2: Silver Surfer beat down Green Lantern in DC vs Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by badsaj View Post
    As someone who owns one of the heroes from the physical card game, I hope they never release them for general purchase. Due to their rarity, they have some real value, if they sell them in the store, they lose that.
    So what? It has value to you, sure, but you're one of a small handful. To me, it's not valuable at all because I will never be able to get it. I mean, I could get it if it was in the in-game store, or if my local comic shop or hobby store had the card game, but neither are true. I could buy the card game from some online store, but then there's no one to play it with, and no guarantee that I'll get the codes for the heroes I'd like. To me, and presumably to a large amount of others, the character is practically worthless unless there's a chance to actually get it. I mean, I would love an Armored Spider-Man or maybe a Classic Wolverine (I'm apathetic about most of the Iron Man variants I do own, so arctic armor iron man holds little appeal to me) but I can't get him unless I spend a bunch on a case of cards from the collectible card game, which to me would be spending close to as much money as I have spent on the game thus far...for a chance to get one character, and for cards that I'll basically never be able to use unless I move to a place where there are card game players. As it stands, to Gazillion it's wasted code for a character that most people can't possibly get to promote a card game that Upper Deck has abandoned, and to most players it's as valuable as any other character it's impossible to get.

I can understand how you'd feel slighted if everyone else can get your exclusive hero. I just can't bring myself to care about your plight, especially since if they do make them widely available, you'd still have the invaluable experience of having the code heroes long before the rest of us.
    Smashing Clown Juggler in Superhero Squad Online
    Signature Hero: Punisher
    Level: 2100+
    3rd Place In The 1st Top Squad Contest
    Badges to get: Venom, Frankenstein

Quote Originally Posted by benfromcanada View Post
    I can understand how you'd feel slighted if everyone else can get your exclusive hero. I just can't bring myself to care about your plight, especially since if they do make them widely available, you'd still have the invaluable experience of having the code heroes long before the rest of us.
    Couldn't disagree with this more. I love the fact that there are exclusive or premium heroes not available to all. I love to see those who own them get swarmed by other squads because of their rarity. AND I don't own a single one.

Da Trillest Zen Gangsta benfromcanada's Avatar
    As you can tell from my username, I'm from Bangladesh

Couldn't disagree with this more. I love the fact that there are exclusive or premium heroes not available to all. I love to see those who own them get swarmed by other squads because of their rarity. AND I don't own a single one.
    I'm not saying that they should be widely available. I'm saying they should be more available. As it is, it's basically not possible to get Arctic Armor Iron Man or Armored Spider-Man without spending a lot of money, and while it isn't impossible to get Classic Wolverine it is quite hard. Why not put them in the store at 2,000 gold, or put them in the Agent Only section for 1,000 gold? Hell, add another zero to the end of that price if you want. Make it still prohibitively expensive but still, you know, possible for people who've played the game for less than a year to get it.

I'm also saying I don't care if someone would be sad if the code heroes became more widely available. I mean, I spent 3600 gold collectively on Avengers Iron Man (the one Iron Man I do care about) Spider-Man and Ghost Rider, and that price just got lowered to 2700. I don't care one lick, and no one else should unless they literally bought the heroes less than a week before the price change.
    Smashing Clown Juggler in Superhero Squad Online
    Signature Hero: Punisher
    Level: 2100+
    3rd Place In The 1st Top Squad Contest
    Badges to get: Venom, Frankenstein