Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: MILLARWORLD EXCLUSIVE: "Supercrooks" Preview

Mark Millar and Leinil Francis Yu kick off a week of exclusive MillarWorld previews and news, revealing the opening of their heist comic "Supercrooks" as well as details of the series' cast and movie.

Full article here.

33408 is the other way ian33407's Avatar

the art is wonderful..suddenly I'm more interested than I'd planned..Mark Millar knows exactly what he's doing, too much sometimes, but it looks like it could end as a very fun read. The sequencing is already very cinematographic, wonder what the fact it will be adapted as a movie can add though..
    " Things are going to slide in all directions "
    Leonard Cohen - The Future

It's missing a caption typical of a Mark Millar hack work: "Possibly the greatest comic book ever written".
    "You can't trust them as poets either. The true poet is anonymous, as to his habits, but these boys have to look, act, and apparently smell like poets"
    Flannery O'Connor on the beats.

No snark. I'm in. I love Lenil Yu's art and the story is a villain-focused and I'm always up for those.

Seems like a regular beat 'em up superhero comic, with cursing. The character designs got my attention, but I'm not hooked by much else.

That team is rocking it on Superior so I'm down.
    PULL: Chew, Walking Dead, Saga, Batman, Lil' Gotham, Bedlam, Hellboy in Hell, Jupiter's Legacy, East of West, The Wake, Sex, Trillium, Miracleman, Sandman Overture, Rocket Girl, Sex Criminals

It's not too often that I get excited about a new comic book these days. Way to go guys. Just pencil me in as a sale.

Does anyone know if the second character on the right (the guy in the jumpsuit with the gauntlets and stunt-man helmet) has been named or details given about his powers and disposition?

My heart sank when I saw him because he slightly resembled a character I've been developing. But he's the one character on the cover that hasn't been clearly talked about in any of the Super-Crooks previews

The devil is a gentleman. devildinosaur's Avatar

Millar's a carnival huckster, but damn if this doesn't pique my interest.

Millar's stealing all of Marvel's awesome artists. Marvel better hurry and tie Yu up with an ace ongoing.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Given Yu's success with Millar, I doubt offering Yu a major title would be enough to keep him regardless.

Yep, Im down. Been rockin with Yu since his X-men work this looks pretty dope

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

Not really a fan of Mark Millar, but this actually sounds pretty interesting. Im gonna give it a shot and hope for the best. Art looks especially good.

Default Where's the shield?

This looks like it's going to be fun... except for the part where the Guardian/Captain America ripoff will be eventually found brutally murdered in the pages of Kick-Ass 3 (or Nemesis 2)

The murder weapon likely to be the shield he had lost in these pages. :)
    Masked Man Issue 1 Reviews

Pulling: Batman, Batwoman, The Cape, Daredevil, Fatale, Luther Strode, The Strain

This looks great

Going to need to make some room on my pull list for all the MM goodness this year...this stuff overrides everything else
    Peter Parker is my lord and saviour.
    Show Teddy some love!
    "I want Apex to feast on Reptil like a pregnant khaleesi." - Sanji
    MY ART